Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Trap Game?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Trap Game?

Sep 30, 2020, 8:22 PM

OK. Call me a bed-wetter, but I don’t like some of what I see. Don’t look past the Hoo’s! This is looking like a classic “TRAP” game. Tigers overconfident, looking ahead to Miami. Hoo’s well coached, solid match-ups all over, and eager for revenge. Hope I’m wrong again, but I have seen this movie before. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol, folks on here are understandably looking ahead...

Sep 30, 2020, 8:37 PM

...to the Miami "we back again baby!" game, but Dabo will have his team focused on the next task at hand as always. No worries.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

No. Not A Trap Game?

Sep 30, 2020, 8:57 PM

This isn't a Trap Game Amigo.

The Cavaliers will be Trapped in Death Valley for at least 60 minutes Saturday night is all.

I think you are thinking - during the Bowden era. Then, yep, you would probably be right. Since Coach Swinney has adopted the "windshield mentality" and cascaded it throughout the program it really hasn't been an issue. UNC last year you might say, but we won that game! Pitt - was just their day. Cuse was a lot of luck and untimely injuries for us otherwise, we didn't overlook them, Pitt or UNC.
If you play, watch and follow a sports team long enough you know - you are going to have a bad game. It isn't necessarily because you "overlooked and opponent" either.
It's just for whatever reason the collective energy sometimes isn't where it should be for whatever reason and a more talented team under performs. It happens!
I don't think in this young season this will be one of those games. For one, if a kid on the Clemson roster isn't "ALL IN" he will be benched by someone that wants to play. Years ago before the recruiting really took off coaches maybe had to deal with a super talented guy who went out and didn't perform well because of their potential. Now, that same kid would be benched. These kids know that. They are looking for an opportunity for more playing time. This keeps the starters forever "on the grind and always seeking to prove it"!

Thus - this won't be a trap game!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. Not A Trap Game?

Sep 30, 2020, 9:30 PM

LOL, I too believe he/she’s coming off a decade plus nap.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Trap Game?

Sep 30, 2020, 9:06 PM

Looking like the classic coot droppings on Tnet

Sep 30, 2020, 9:10 PM

That game in Charlotte was a trap game to some! This one may be worse. If only our third team could learn to score,

Oct 1, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Trap Game? ]

Call it what is is. Chicken nura.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:27 PM

Bawk bawk bawwwwk!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2020, 9:50 PM

Our coaching staff is to good . We prepare the same for each game . Tigers by 24 .

Fgf that way***

Sep 30, 2020, 10:31 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 5:39 AM

A bed wetter; well that DEPEND(s)!
Depends on how you choose to look at it.
See a lot of people on here like to look ahead ,you know like to the Notre Dame game for instance
Or in your case Miami.
But I have also been labeled a "coot" for not looking ahead.
You see I trust our Head Coach to have only one game on his plate, and that's Virginia .Once that game is in the books, win or lose, then he will look to Miami.
No, this is not a trap game.
But I also recall vaguely a home game we lost to Virginia when Tommy Bowden was the Head Coach. Tommy said in his post game interview that he just wasn't prepared, or didn't prepare for that game. Something to that effect.
Virginia might be well coached, but he hasn't coached two National Championship caliber teams like Dabo. And as far as I'm concerned, this years team is another Championship caliber team, but that's looking ahead.
Get my point.

What the #### is a trap game?***

Oct 1, 2020, 6:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Made Up Concept That Assumes A Team Has Inept Leadership***

Oct 1, 2020, 8:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope

Oct 1, 2020, 7:55 AM

Every game on Clemson's schedule is a trap game, and stretching the logic a little bit, what that really means is there are no trap games. Clemson knows as well as anyone that one loss is more devastating than it would be for just about any other playoff-contending team in the country. Even a loss to Notre Dame is devastating because it's so late in the season.

One of the most genius things about Dabo's coaching philosophy and tenure is that the team never overlooks ANY opponent. He's all but eliminated the concept of the trap game.

What makes you think the Tigers are overconfident...

Oct 1, 2020, 8:04 AM

and looking ahead to Miami?

The Virginia team that Clemson will face on Saturday is not as good as the Virginia team that Clemson beat 62 - 17 in the ACCCG last December; especially on offense.

Last week a fairly benign Duke team turned the ball over six (6) times and UVa still had to come from behind to win.

Those are just facts not overconfidence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Oct 1, 2020, 8:07 AM

When you're #1, you get everyone's best game. Our players know that.

Oct 1, 2020, 8:15 AM

While I do believe in the classic trap game theory...This however, aint it....UVA has taken a large step back from the ACC chip....and to be honest with you, they suck....Just watch the film...

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Oct 1, 2020, 8:35 AM

Nah. Dabo , as always will have them focused on this week's game. I think the only folks looking ahead are the fans.

Tell 'em u6c coot

Oct 1, 2020, 9:44 AM

Better get a couple of pads on your bed too

Oct 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

Dabo and the guys are always well prepared and focused on the game at hand. Relax- however, On any given day--an asteroid may strike Earth, a super volcano may erupt, North Korea may have a GPS coordinate on your house. What's your Ambien bill? Hoos will be taken care of, but will play better than in CLT.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2020, 10:35 AM

User Logo
tgr61
Rock Defender [58]
TigerPulse: 71%
Trap Game?
Posted: Sep 30, 2020 8:22 PM

OK. Call me a bed-wetter, but I don’t like some of what I see. Don’t look past the Hoo’s! This is looking like a classic “TRAP” game. Tigers overconfident, looking ahead to Miami. Hoo’s well coached, solid match-ups all over, and eager for revenge. Hope I’m wrong again, but I have seen this movie before. Go Tigers!

when was the last time you saw this movie bed wetter

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's 2020. I could not care less about the outcome of a

Oct 1, 2020, 10:36 AM

football game. If by some miracle our guys make it thru the COVID gauntlet unscathed and wind up in the asterisk CFP, then I will certainly pay attention. Otherwise, just trying to enjoy the cooler weather and get through one day at a time.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic