Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No one wants to win the Coastal.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

No one wants to win the Coastal.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:07 AM

Right now there are 4 teams with 2 losses. Virginia looks to hold the slight edge with a W over Pitt at the beginning of the season. UNC will either rise to the top or be weeded out over the next 2 weeks with games vs Virgina and Pitt. The division could come down to VT vs UVA at the end of the season. I think our best hope is that VT wins out and is 10-2 and likely close to the top 15 for the ACC championship game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it matters who we play they will get destroyed

Oct 28, 2019, 11:17 AM

Personally, I'd like the rematch with UNC to show everyone that game was just an anomaly. When they head back to Swoffordville with a 4 TD beatdown maybe the national pundits would shut up. Oh I know they wouldn't, who am I kidding.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No one wants to win the Coastal.

Oct 28, 2019, 11:18 AM

If not tech then it would be good to play tarholes. Revenge our earlier loss and hang 60 on the cheaters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If not tech then it would be good to play tarholes. Revenge our earlier loss and hang 60 on the cheaters.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should get rid of both divisions...

ACCCG should be played by the teams with the best records.

I hate unbalanced schedules

Oct 28, 2019, 11:41 AM

And this would seem to me to make them even more unbalanced.

I already don't like using overall conference record (as opposed to division record) to determine division champions, but think of the possible scenarios where two teams who haven't played each other are vying for second (and thus a bid to the ACCCG) and it comes down to who they played that particular year?

I long for just going back to 9 team conferences where everyone plays each other, but that ship has sailed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly right

Oct 28, 2019, 11:21 AM

If you win the Coastal, you have to play Clemson.

Nobody wants any of that!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 28, 2019, 11:50 AM

At this time, even if VT is 10-2 they might not be ranked in the top 25. They will not do that as they *might* have the hardest road to walk as of now (a RANKED Wake, ND, Pitt, and UVA)

3 of those five wins are against ODU, Furman and Rhode Island. Heck, how they beat UNC is just bonkers - a near hail mary on 4th and 3.

BC took them to task (held about a 14 point margin in that game and VT looked worse in that game) and Duke obliterated them.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic