Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It sounds weird, but looking back, I'm glad we lost to FSU..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 1

It sounds weird, but looking back, I'm glad we lost to FSU..

Nov 4, 2013, 10:18 AM

Just saying - if we had won that game, and were sitting where FSU is - and got snubbed by the BCS and had to sit and watch Alabama and Oregon (both teams FSU is fully capable of beating) - I would honestly lose it. I'm talking a "Falling Down" sized meltdown. Personally, I think it should be Oregon/FSU in the NCG, but then again, no chance the SEC gets totally left out of representing in the NCG either... Complete SEC bias (as well as a serious ACC snub). With the way FSU is dominating their games, it's seriously criminal if they're left out. (and let's not forget, this has BCS implications for us as well)

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You need a lobotomy. That was not a mere loss. We looked

Nov 4, 2013, 10:21 AM

stupid and pulled another Clemson. Every loss is bad. Ugly embarrassing loses are very bad.

OMG ... I agree with you. Dang!***

Nov 4, 2013, 11:50 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idiot

Nov 4, 2013, 10:21 AM

only idiots think its good when their team loses. There is nothing beneficial from losing when you're undefeated...

And you can't go undefeated if you loose.***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:23 AM

null

How did you get lose from the "facility" you were in?***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:26 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I chewed through the barbed-wire.....***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:28 AM

null

I'm being facetious - not glad we lost. Just saying...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:24 AM [ in reply to idiot ]

I wouldn't be able to handle running the table in dominating fashion, and wind up being snubbed at the end of the year. What's going to happen to FSU (if Bama and Oregon win out) is complete horse *$&%.

It's the stupid system

Nov 4, 2013, 10:27 AM

And while the stupid system gets better next year, it's still stupid.

Right now we have no way to handle more than 2 undefeated teams. That is an entirely stupid system. We handle it by people guessing who is better.

At least the likelihood of more than 4 undefeated teams is thin, and thus the system gets a bit better next year. But we're still using opinion rather than simple on-the-field absolute standards.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm being facetious - not glad we lost. Just saying...

Nov 4, 2013, 11:34 AM [ in reply to I'm being facetious - not glad we lost. Just saying... ]

time that you were wiser than before you posted this unwise post. Kinda hard to get that foot out of your mouth?
The only positive I can see from the loss (not the beat-down) is that some pressure has to be lifted by no longer being undefeated and under constant national scrutiny and that when we play the yardbirds. They should have our full attention since we don't have the ACCCG to be concerned about.

Re: It sounds weird, but looking back, I'm glad we lost to FSU..

Nov 4, 2013, 10:23 AM

I understand what you are saying, however, I still would have like to have won that game. Clemson would have benefited from the exposure and it would have helped recruiting. At least FSU has the opportunity if Ala or Oregon lose. Also, beating 3 top ten teams and possibly a fourth in a BCS bowl is not to shabby. So, I'd take the win and finish 2nd overall than the loss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see

Nov 4, 2013, 10:24 AM

What you're trying to say but I cannot be happy about being embarassed on national tv in a game that was super hyped up and had all eyes watching, I would hate to be snubbed from the big dance but I still would have rather won that game

Prior to that game with FSU

Nov 4, 2013, 10:33 AM

Clemson was the media darling for all the ESPN networks and others as well. After losing that game we have fallen into the realm of the unknown. No way losing that game benefits our program. It was fun while it lasted and we can resume our rightful place near the top with a win over our arch rival in a few weeks. That game is already a 'biggie' regardless of what they do the rest of the season. I hope that the Tigers are up to the challenge. I would be foolish to say that I am not concerned about playing in Columbia. A real test for the Tigers is just around the corner. We either play in New Orleans or Atlanta!!!

Rece Davis acted like Clemson wasn't even on the board during the BCS

Nov 4, 2013, 10:47 AM

Countdown show last night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

He has already chalked up an L to USuC in Cootlumbia...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:59 AM

...which will shoot USuC to #6 and Clemson to #16.

The Tigers must see the game in Cootlumbia as the biggest game of the season and Boyd's legacy game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

marijuana is not good for you...please stop***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:24 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, no, no, no, no

Nov 4, 2013, 10:25 AM

No.

You ALWAYS want to win. Always.

I'd take 13-0 and a "snub" over 11-1 and watching another team get snubbed every day of the week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw that. Okay - maybe I'm not explaining myself well...

I'm just saying - at least we have a reason, a defining moment, that explains why we won't be playing for the National Championship. If FSU has a reason why they'll be left out, I'd like to hear it. Additionally, the ONLY way our dismantling by FSU looks even remotely better is if FSU does the same thing to whoever they play in the NCG. If they're left out, all we're left with at the end of the season is what-ifs.

Cool

Nov 4, 2013, 10:31 AM

I was going by your original post which said you were glad we lost. Your later explanation is understandable, and I now understand you were being tongue-in-cheek about it.

The system is stupid. Very stupid. In that it can't handle more than 2 undefeated teams (and this year there could be 6, with 4 from AQ conferences and it wouldn't take any serious upsets for it to happen).

It's a stupid system. And it gets a bit better later, but still, stupid.

Agreed completely. The problem I have is I bought into...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:39 AM

"Just win out and everything else will take care of itself." It's what we're told by the coaches and these announcers - the guys we hate and can't trust, yet still listen to and want to believe. We tell the same things to our kids and co-workers. Deep down, we know that's not even remotely true, but it's the only bit of hope you can have in a situation like this. And then at the end, they do what they're supposed to do, and still get the big F.U. at the end... We're not talking about Boise State being snubbed; we're not talking about Ohio State and their cupcake schedule. We're talking about a team from our conference, that came into our house and admittedly stomped us. I'm Clemson all the way, but I have to say, after listening to the talking heads on my drive into work this morning, I'm a little upset for them, and the storm that is building.

Re: Here's a reason why FSU could be left out

Nov 4, 2013, 10:46 AM [ in reply to Screw that. Okay - maybe I'm not explaining myself well... ]

Bama is number 1 in the counrty. Period. They've won the last two championships and until they get beaten they deserve to stay at the number 1 spot.

FSU is having a fantastic season and out playing everyone, but so is Oregon. I personally would rather see an FSU/Bama match up, but the fact is that Oregon has been a consistent championship contender recently and the past couple years plenty of people have been wanting to see the Bama/Oregon match up (would've been better than Bama/ND last year lol). Next year with the playoff system we won't have to worry about that hopefully.

Also I'm glad I'm not an Ohio State fan. Looking at a second undefeated season in a row and no one's really talking about them to play in the NC game because their conference is so bad. In fact if Baylor wins out then they'll probably jump OSU lol

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

And I get that. But previous years have nothing to do with

Nov 4, 2013, 10:49 AM

This year. Baltimore won the Super Bowl last year, and they're atrocious. That's why it's a new year, clean slate and new games. I understand what you're saying - but basically, all we're hearing is "the country wants to see Alabama -vs- Oregon." Yea, well last year, the country wanted to see Alabama -vs- Notre Dame. And look how that turned out.

That's exactly the point though

Nov 4, 2013, 11:27 AM

"Baltimore won the Super Bowl last year, and they're atrocious."

Alabama won the NC last year, and this year they are undefeated. Big difference.

Fact is if these teams continue to go undefeated this year some deserving team(s) will be left out.

WRONG...If we went undefeated...

we would have beat 3 top 10 teams plus a top 25 team in ACCCG...computers and polls would love us. We would be in THE GAME

You should change your handle to....

Nov 4, 2013, 10:29 AM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My s/n has nothing to do with my percieved intelligence...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:33 AM

(or lack thereof) - as I've explained before, it's taken from a Black Crowes song, and is the name I use on many other forums. Sorry if my post doesn't make sense to some of you - and I'm not happy about losing. I'm just saying, what's going to happen to FSU (IMO, a team far better than either Oregon or Bama) is garbage. If that was us, I'd lose it.

Re: My s/n has nothing to do with my percieved intelligence...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:50 AM

I agree. FSU is the best team right now. So if we had beaten them, we'd be the best, right?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. And if we had, we'd be right where they are...

Nov 4, 2013, 10:53 AM

Sitting back listening to the commentators salivating, talking about how they can't wait to see Alabama and Oregon go at it "it's what the whole country wants to see..."

What time is your appointment with your shrink today?

Nov 4, 2013, 10:36 AM

You have some serious issues.
I have never been happy that we lost a game in my entire life. No justification for your thinking.

I don't thumbs down because I think it is stupid.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:42 AM

But if I did, your post would get one.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Point for the GIF

Nov 4, 2013, 10:48 AM

Very nice, yeas

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

WOW***

Nov 4, 2013, 11:45 AM

It'll be even worse next year. Wouldn't

Nov 4, 2013, 10:50 AM

Surprise me to see them put 4 secheater teams in......

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

I can see that. They'll get at least 2

Nov 4, 2013, 10:52 AM

Honestly, there'll be no point in having the SECCG, since both of them will get the automatic qualifier to the playoffs.

Not gonna happen.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:54 AM [ in reply to It'll be even worse next year. Wouldn't ]

The four strongest conferences will get their conference champs seeded.

This year it would be the SEC, ACC, Big 12 and Pac.

A few years of that and ND will become submissive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I tend to agree

Nov 4, 2013, 11:28 AM

Unless one of the conference champs is a 3 (or maybe 2) loss team, they will get in over a 1 loss non-conference champ SEC team.

Looking back I'm glad the judge gave my ex everything.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:52 AM

I mean, who needs a '76 Datsun 280z with new metalflake blue paint, white interior, a $4K rebuilt engine/transmission, bullet hole chrome mags. Who needs a house that's paid off, a 67 GMC pickup, and a garage full of tools?

WHO?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me too...looking back I'm glad my ex wife cleaned out the

Nov 4, 2013, 11:33 AM

house when I was on a trip with my brother in Florida...I didn't need that new grill....the tv....the toaster....the phone...the toilet paper....the couch...the washer dryer.....in other words the entire house...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's a good thing you took your brother with you.

Nov 4, 2013, 11:35 AM

Dood, when she approved a Florida trip you should have known something was up.

we had already split up by that point....idiot me hadn't

Nov 4, 2013, 11:37 AM

changed the locks....didn't think I would come home and my voice would literally echo through the house because it was so empty.

Nov 4, 2013, 10:53 AM

I'd rather us to have won, even if we did get snubbed. Then we could make an argument. Now we can't. (not a good one, anyway)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 4, 2013, 11:04 AM

Would much rather won that game. The disheartening thing is that I cannot imagine a scenario in which Clemson goes to Tallahassee and gives FSU the kind of beat down they gave Clemson. I just don't see that happening.

Its not the same situation

Nov 4, 2013, 11:17 AM

If we had won we'd be in better shape than FSU

Win against UGA, Win against FSU, Win against USuCk. Our strength of schedule and quality wins would be better than FSU.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do u feel

Nov 4, 2013, 12:50 PM

Now... FSU #2... Could have been Clemson had we beat FSU

Replies: 43
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic