Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line.

Jun 17, 2020, 9:41 AM

I'm declaring a CHOP-SE. You try and come take my Aunt Jemima Big Brother!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line.

Jun 17, 2020, 9:53 AM

New name will be Aunt Tifa!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for 2020 dad joke***

Jun 17, 2020, 9:57 AM

Jun 17, 2020, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

Sad somebody TD’d you. Tried to offset it with a TU.

And, you are the winner!!

Jun 17, 2020, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Jun 17, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

+1 Good one!

Jun 17, 2020, 9:56 AM

Is anyone named Jemima anymore? Were they ever. Hmm. Anyway, I agree. Keep that the same.

Jun 17, 2020, 10:11 AM

Yep. Surely. I knew someone with that name and she is white. Great Lady too.

Jun 17, 2020, 9:56 AM

You can tell that is not Aunt Jemima syrup. That pours way too fast.

^^^caught me being intellectually lazy

Jun 17, 2020, 9:58 AM

Only a true Aunt Jemima lover would have noticed.

Jun 17, 2020, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

If it runs like water, it ain't syrup. However, that could be Maple syrup, it's usually thinner than cane syrup.

If I had a plate of hot cakes like that sitting in front me, the first thing I would do would be to make a well in the middle. Place a big hunk of butter (not oleo) in the well and finish filling the well with syrup. Start eating the stack from the center out, adding more syrup when needed. On the side there should be a generous serving of Canadian bacon. Enjoy.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like Cracker Barrel syrup

Jun 17, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

it pours thin like water.

Jun 17, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? This is where I draw the line. ]

Amen brother! We like Aunt Jemima "lite" ...... great syrup, but you have to use twice as much! After three weeks of looking for it in every grocery store I have been in I finally found some at Walmart (not telling which one)!

SMH out loud. I only use man syrup.

Jun 17, 2020, 10:00 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Man syrup? I think FM just got an alert on his phone.***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:07 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Where has she been? Haven't seen her on the boreds in a

Jun 17, 2020, 10:09 AM

while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where has she been? Haven't seen her on the boreds in a

Jun 17, 2020, 10:31 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Our dog begs just like this.***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:56 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you know that isn't your dog cross-dressing

Jun 17, 2020, 12:40 PM

as a cat?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Gearhead...***

Jun 17, 2020, 7:29 PM [ in reply to SMH out loud. I only use man syrup. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what's next? Will Mrs. Buttersworth change their

Jun 17, 2020, 10:10 AM

bottle?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Buttersworth was a despicable rassist so....***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:15 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Margarinalized people like Mrs buttersworth

Jun 17, 2020, 10:19 AM [ in reply to Wonder what's next? Will Mrs. Buttersworth change their ]

Are a protected class, don't worry.

I’m really just tired of the talking heads waffling back and forth***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:49 AM

Re: I’m really just tired of the talking heads waffling back and forth***

Jun 17, 2020, 10:56 AM

Ouch.

Re: I’m really just tired of the talking heads waffling back and forth***

Jun 17, 2020, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I’m really just tired of the talking heads waffling back and forth*** ]

Nice thong in cheek prey on words there.

Jun 17, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to I’m really just tired of the talking heads waffling back and forth*** ]

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2020, 11:27 AM

Whether one agrees or not I predict this is going to be the biggest rejection of a product in history. Could be Pepsico's "New Coke" moment for people old enough to remember that colossal renaming failure. Guess we will see.

He real name was Nancy Green.

Jun 17, 2020, 11:55 AM

The former slave made a lot of money modeling and being a spokeswoman for the Aunt Jemima brand.

As long as Mrs. Butterworths or Log Cabin Buttered syrup are

Jun 17, 2020, 12:25 PM

still around, I can survive. No doubt, the butta is what makes syrup on flapjacks complete!

Careful...Uncle Ben will be jealous

Jun 17, 2020, 12:28 PM

Don't be mocking his woman like that....LOL

Call me a syrup snob, but I only use 100% maple syrup.***

Jun 17, 2020, 12:35 PM

Re: Call me a syrup snob, but I only use 100% maple syrup.***

Jun 17, 2020, 12:43 PM

You boys keep your pancakes, I am stickling to French Toast. If you want a good old fashioned Southern breakfast, start with two eggs over easy, country ham, grits, and some biscuits with butter and maybe some honey; preferably tupelo or sourwood.

I do like some country ham, fried eggs, and grits.***

Jun 17, 2020, 12:58 PM

Re: No more "Aunt Jemima"? and now Uncle Ben's rice***

Jun 17, 2020, 2:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many of you knew that Jemima is a Bible name?

Jun 17, 2020, 3:20 PM

One of the daughters of Job was named Jemima.

(By the way, the syrup isn't going away...they're just changing the name, I'm sure)

'Would a 'syrup' by any other name 'taste' as sweet?'

Jun 17, 2020, 3:55 PM

Bill asked...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ME! ME! ME!

Jun 17, 2020, 7:17 PM [ in reply to How many of you knew that Jemima is a Bible name? ]

She was the first daughter born to Job and his wife after his wealth was restored.

Do I get a cookie?

#Landfill***

Jun 17, 2020, 4:02 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic