Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Where do we go from here?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 486

Where do we go from here?

Jan 12, 2021, 8:10 AM

I've heard this a lot from republican circles. Where does the party go from here?

Anything is going to be difficult because a large section of their base still sees Trump as their God. Even after the events of last week.

They can't completely remove Trump from the party. That would ensure a third party that will split republican votes ensuring Democrats hold the government for years to come.

What route does the republican party go now?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Where do we go from here?

Jan 12, 2021, 8:21 AM

They will completely remove Trump from the party. That is their only option at this stage.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2021, 10:14 AM

Carl,

I agree that that is their most honorable option, but if they do that they will lose a lot of votes - and a significant number of election cycles to the Dems.

Where did they go after Nixon?

Jan 12, 2021, 8:22 AM

What they do is bury Trump. Muzzle him. Disown him. Then carry on.

The ideology hasn't changed. There's still half of Americans who are conservative. They need someone to vote for who is willing to lead and not rule. I expect you will see Donald Trump be totally forgotten quickly. Someone else will step up, and I hope they're more like Ronald Reagan.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where did they go after Nixon?

Jan 12, 2021, 10:17 AM

Tiggity,

I think if they do that they lose 20 % of their vote - either to some 3rd party or from the extremists opting out of the system altogether and not voting.

The Dems will then win several election cycles and may crush the Rep party forever.

Re: Where did they go after Nixon?

Jan 12, 2021, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Where did they go after Nixon? ]

They let the Dems #### up on their own and then brought Reagan in, which was a positive change.

That's what they should do here. Purge their party (including current Congressmen who supported the election overturn) of the ideology, wait for the Dem incompetency, present candidates who reject Trumpism and embrace a more positive, inclusive ideology.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Thats what I don't get. No one seems to be looking at 4 years

Jan 12, 2021, 10:30 AM

now. Trump is done. He'll never be elected to an HOA again. But he could steal a lot of votes from a good candidate--and that's the most important reason to make him go away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its going to be the same thing Dems did

Jan 12, 2021, 8:27 AM

Continue to prop up whoever they think is going to get the most votes to win. People don't care about individual policy any longer. Are you blue or are you red? That's what it boils down to.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Jan 12, 2021, 8:28 AM

Do our best to preserve the 1st and 2nd amendment.Without them the left will do their best for a total takeover.From what I see from them is they can be bought out so the NRA,gun makers, ammo manufacturers, gun shops, etc. will have to pad their pockets.

Dizzney World***

Jan 12, 2021, 8:51 AM

Jan 12, 2021, 9:06 AM

The way that Trump looks, eats, doesn't exercise and manages his anger leads me to think his stay here on planet Earth may be self limiting.It's hard to be an influence if you're truly gone. I think the GOP will go with someone younger and less confrontational. I could well be wrong, but I think things are setting up very well for Nikki Haley.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The party is exactly where it was 4 yrs ago.

Jan 12, 2021, 9:20 AM

The party is going to stay exactly where it is now. The biggest difference is that it's about 20% larger now than it was in 2015. The Paul Ryans are excommunicated along with all the other nevertrumpers.

Trump didn't start this America First Movement, he is the product of the movement. He lucked into the job when 17 republicans cared more about the party than America or the American people.

Politicians come and go but America loving patriots remain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow***

Jan 12, 2021, 10:28 AM

It's not the Republicans, it's the COUNTRY.

Jan 12, 2021, 10:39 AM

What we have seen with both BLM/Antifa and the MAGA Coup attempt is our collective chickens coming home to roost.

There are lots of factors at play here and it is NOT about Republican vs. Democrat. I will attempt to unpack a FEW of the issues:

1) Economic. DJT gave a "Republican" voice to the disaffected majority in this country who know they are being left behind in the globalized economy with a growing gulf between haves and have nots. Bernie Sanders gives that voice on the Democrat side. As I have said since 2016, two sides of the same disaffected coin. People are scared and angry and know they are screwed.

2) Social. On one side are the MAGA Patriots and religious conservative Americans who hold traditional values, believe in traditional gender roles, and hold a traditional view of how our country works. On the other side is the Woke crowd that is a blend of Liberal elites and those who have legitimately been disenfranchised over the course of our country's history. Neither side is wrong and politicians have taken advantage of both sides' anger and fear.

3) Political. Our system is clearly broken and the level-headed on both sides would agree on this. All the politicians have been able to do is exploit our system as it is now (Electoral College) to as evenly as possible divide the populace to get the votes they need. This is not good for any of us as it does not promote any "reaching across the aisle" to get anything done. Even important things like national security. This is a serious, existential problem that we must fix as a people.

4) Technological. The impact the big four tech companies have on our day-to-day lives is a real concern. Whether it is what we buy, what voices we hear, what choices we have, etc. Google, Facebook, Amazon and Apple have power and influence that they should not. While I am a believer in free markets, at some points in time monopolies DO need to be broken up and our antiquated antitrust laws don't do enough to curb the power of these giants. Most people don't even think about or have a clue how incredibly powerful these four are and how much they influence all we do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can sum up your reply in 2 words: Identity Politics.***

Jan 12, 2021, 10:43 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it's not that simple at all.***

Jan 12, 2021, 10:47 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Number 4...I'm not sure how much "power" those companies

Jan 12, 2021, 10:49 AM [ in reply to It's not the Republicans, it's the COUNTRY. ]

actually have.

Facebook? Millions of people (including me) don't even have a facebook account. Sure, Facebook does some analytics stuff with DNS forwarding they sell for a lot of web sites, but the "power" they have is only what people give them.

And that's the same with Amazon and Google. My mother doesn't even use the internet at all, and somehow, she makes its through daily life fine. She doesn't even have a cell phone right now. Of the four companies you mentioned, I'd say Google touches more folks who are internet connected. But aside from search engines, the android OS for phones and maybe GCP..do you know anything else they do?

Apple? Not everyone has an iPhone or an apple product. Believe it or not, most people don't. I'm not aware of anything else not Mac/iPhone related that Apple is involved in. Certainly a majority of businesses don't rely on Apple...for anything.

More power than you are aware of. Read:

Jan 12, 2021, 10:53 AM

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34427200-the-four

I'm going to guess thats much like the "social dilemma"

Jan 12, 2021, 10:58 AM

Its going to be a real eye opener for someone who has never looked into it before.

No. Galloway's stuff is more about the business side of it.

Jan 12, 2021, 11:14 AM

For example, did you know Apple will spend $6 Billion on Apple+ content this year?

How big is $6 billion?

That's more than the budget for state of California's public universities system. And streaming content isn't even a core Apple product.

Did you know that Apple is a 2 TRILLION dollar company? Think about that. Two TRILLION.

Or that Amazon makes $17 Million dollars PER HOUR?

https://www.repricerexpress.com/amazon-statistics/

OK***

Jan 12, 2021, 11:21 AM

I'll probably be going to work

Jan 12, 2021, 10:44 AM

cuz someone will be paying for all the #### Biden is about to give out to everyone else.

I take great liberty here...

Jan 12, 2021, 10:55 AM

by thanking you on behalf of us gubmint cheese lovers.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 486
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic