Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone have any inside info on if schools will open March 31st?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Anyone have any inside info on if schools will open March 31st?

Mar 19, 2020, 11:17 AM

Anyone have any inside info maybe from a teacher or from the school district. On if schools will reopen March 31st? Thanks

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No inside info, but I can almost guarantee

Mar 19, 2020, 11:18 AM

that no schools will be reopening that soon. This isn't going to get better than quickly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: No inside info, but I can almost guarantee

Mar 19, 2020, 11:20 AM

My wife is a teacher and we are hearing this will likely go through Spring Break, early April.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do not, but I would bet the farm that schools will NOT

Mar 19, 2020, 11:20 AM

reopen that soon. I think they know this.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Are you asking about a specific school district?

Mar 19, 2020, 11:23 AM

I will be surprised if schools open by the end of April, I don't think there's any way March 31 is in play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Anyone have any inside info on if schools will open March 31st?

Mar 19, 2020, 11:28 AM

Most information I've heard (I have friends who work in different school districts in the upstate, and I work at Winthrop University) is that most places are preparing under the assumption that schools may not re-open until the end of the scheduled school year. If they happen to re-open sooner, then great, but most communication I've seen is preparing for working from home (thus schools being closed) through the end of April (for colleges) and possibly May (for all others).

However, I will also say that schools did not expect the governor to move as swiftly as he did last weekend...and there's nothing saying that kind of swift change cannot happen again, thus changing plans that are in place.

The general belief seems to be that...

Mar 19, 2020, 11:45 AM

the school closings will likely be extended through at least mid-April.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

All my info is outside - I work in schools and am not

Mar 19, 2020, 11:50 AM

counting on any paychecks the rest of the school year. (contract work so no work - no pay)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: All my info is outside - I work in schools and am not

Mar 19, 2020, 12:01 PM

clover65® said:

counting on any paychecks the rest of the school year. (contract work so no work - no pay)

I feel ya I work as a sub in the school cafeteria. The position was possibly gonna go permanent by years end. But now I’m not working not getting paid. Because I was hired by kudzu staffing not school district.

Mar 19, 2020, 11:58 AM

My wife is a teacher in Charleston and her principal told her they likely will not resume this year--out through summer, hope to return in August.

Mar 19, 2020, 12:00 PM

I have a relative that works at the primary school my kids go to in laurens county...the school district rep has told them no more mandatory Monday meetings, and to go ahead and plan on no classes for the rest of this school year. So who knows

Schools will remain closed rest of school year. imho.***

Mar 19, 2020, 12:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No chance they go back that soon***

Mar 19, 2020, 12:24 PM

Slim and none.

Mar 19, 2020, 3:11 PM

And slim already left town.

Mar 19, 2020, 10:22 PM

All colleges across the state got the call from the governor to move forward with online classes through the end of the semester. That means end of April for most. Clemson and Winthrop have both postponed commencement as well.

Mar 20, 2020, 1:23 PM

Berkeley County initially was supposed to reopen March 31. They now adjusted the date to IIRC, April 14, a date which Charleston County started with.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic