Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No flame Dawgs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 2,000

No flame Dawgs

Jan 20, 2021, 6:44 PM

Just looking at the facts. You are 1-7 vs Alabama in the last 8 year. That win was was 7 losses ago. What gives?

Maybe being 1-1 versus South Carolina in the last 2 year makes you feel better about being a 9 loss team over the past 3 years, but that would disappoint a lot of teams, Clemson included.

At least another Georgia QB played for the title this year. Maybe that eases the pain.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No flame Dawgs

Jan 21, 2021, 1:30 PM

If you know me on this board I am a Dawg fan first but also a Clemson fan also ... and a long term member of TigerNet. (Yes, I did attend The Citadel ... a long, long time ago.) If you looked at my history you can tell I do not make a habit of posting solely for emotional responses. I like discussing football ... a little bit of ribbing is okay but can not stand trolls.

Our record against Alabama is what it is ... It also has been 40 years since Georgia's NC ... and that is what it is, also. The only thing that will remedy this is winning a NC and who knows when that will happen. No argument here.

Another point - if you go back since Georgia's last NC in 1980 then Georgia and Clemson have the same winning percentage even with the recent success of Clemson. Congrats on this success - it is quite impressive.

What I found interestng was that you only quoted Georgia's last two games against SC. You are correct that it is a .500 record. Representing an institution of higher learning, like Clemson, you should know that the sample size is most important. With that in mind ... vs SC - lifetime:

Clemson vs SC - 71-42-4, or .630 winning percentage

Georgia vs SC - 52-19-2, or .730 winning percentage

This is not meant to troll just put things in perspective.

Bottom line - I have no idea how September 4, 2021 will end up. Clemson should be favored and ranked #1 preseason. Georgia (wag) should be approximately a 7 point underdog and ranked anywhere from 4-5 or 6 preseason. Perfect situation for a kick-off game.

Clemson will have the edge on defense with it's returners while Georgia should have a slight edge on offense with it's returners. Let's just hope the COVID stuff is over!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2021, 1:34 PM

So based on the overall record and winning percentage vs scar, I am noticing that scar must have gotten a lot weaker since entering the SEC.

I would imagine that is when the majority of the UGA games and victories came against them at least.

Clemson faced them a lot more when scar was a tougher team in the ACC.

;)

Jan 21, 2021, 1:43 PM

True that ...

Jan 21, 2021, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: No flame Dawgs ]

you pull for a lot of teams

Jan 21, 2021, 1:44 PM

Went to The Citadel ...

Starting going to UGA games in 1971 ...

Always had a heart for Clemson. Had a friend play baseball there in the 90's ... and would have gone there if my mother had gotten her way. For the life of me don't know why I chose a military school.

I meant no offense CitadelGeorgiaDawg.....

Jan 23, 2021, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: No flame Dawgs ]

...in the same spirit you came to this board, picked a Clemson weak spot and started picking at it. Yours was an unusual way to mean no offense. When you write, "This is not meant to troll" there are only a few explanatory possibilities. Possibly you lack self awareness or possibly you don't know the meaning of the word troll.

You pointed out the recent weakness of Clemson in games versus Georgia. I pointed out the recent weakness in Georgia vs Alabama. What's the difference in our posts?

Now you've come back pointing out that Georgia has historically had a better football program than Clemson. I hope that makes you feel better. Clemson currently has a better football program than
Georgia. That certainly makes me feel better.

Then you point out that over the long haul Georgia has a better record against South Carolina than Clemson has over the long haul. Again, you seem to have no self awareness or you do not know what the word troll means.

We are supposed to play in September. Like you, I have no idea who will win the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ni such thing as ga & cu fan***

Jan 23, 2021, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Re: No flame Dawgs ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 2,000
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic