Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I'm still trying to figure out how
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

I'm still trying to figure out how

Dec 11, 2019, 5:35 AM

the Bucknuts are "battle tested." By WHO? We would beat everyone on their schedule by 30.

Message was edited by: TigerFanX2000®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'm still trying to figure out how

Dec 11, 2019, 6:03 AM

Seems low . Most of those teams wouldn't stay inside of 40 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 11, 2019, 6:07 AM

If you can’t see that, then you’re clearly not being objective. They’ve played and beaten 5 top 25 teams. Sure we would beat those teams as well, but if we played that schedule everyone on here would be beating their chests over those quality wins. And rightfully so.

Found juan***

Dec 11, 2019, 6:23 AM

Re: Found juan***

Dec 11, 2019, 6:40 AM

And he is stoopid

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Dec 11, 2019, 6:55 AM

Lol

Dec 11, 2019, 8:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Found juan*** ]

Please explain to me why you guys are soooo scared to give OSU their due. What does it hurt to recognize that they have an excellent team (top 5 offense and defense - just like us), and have played a tougher schedule than us.

We are still going to win on the 28th, but OSU will be our toughest challenge of the year, and I don't see any reason deny that. (unless you're as insecure as a coot)

Dec 11, 2019, 7:00 AM [ in reply to Found juan*** ]

So you wouldn’t say Clemson was battle tested after beating 5 top 25 teams? Good to know. I guess we weren’t battle tested either in 2015 and 2016 when we beat a gazillion top 25 teams on the way to our playoff runs. Gotcha. Let me guess, the teams Ohio St are garbage and the teams we beat were awesome. I can hear it now.

Dec 11, 2019, 7:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still trying to figure out how ]

The problem with vote polls is the subjective nature of them . Prone to regional biases and with a good portion of the voters basing their polls on what they've heard or read and not by what they've seen for themselves .
Not arguing that OSU hasn't played a better looking schedule , just that if you get right down to it we haven't played a lineup of cupcakes as the media outlets would have us believe .
9 teams we competed against this year are going to bowls . I know getting into a bowl only requires that you maintain a .500 record over 12 games , but it does indicate that we were playing more capable football teams than we've been given credit for .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 11, 2019, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still trying to figure out how ]

Battled tested against super teams like PSU, Michigan, and Wisconsin. We would have beaten any of those teams by 40 in November.

If that's their idea of being truly "battle tested" then they're in for a rude awakening is all everyone is saying.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 6:27 AM

I'd say WE are the ones who are battle tested. 28 in a row and defending champs.

Dec 11, 2019, 7:01 AM

We are not battle tested. We have played 13 games with this team vs weak competition. This is our first real test vs Ohio State, unless UNC was considered a test.

Dec 11, 2019, 7:44 AM

When the season starts there is a pre-season poll based on how a team finished last year. This poll favors SEC and Big 10 for whatever reason. So these two conferences get credit for playing Top 25 teams and the ACC does not get this benefit. These two conferences play 4 or 5 top 25 based on what? The vote of sports writers who are very focused on the region that they cover. In turn this decides who is in the CFP polls. It's all a beauty contest.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:19 AM

It seems humorous that the people who are discounting the rankings of OSU's opponents as meaningless are the same people who get bent all out of shape when we are ranked # 3.

Either the polls matter or they don't. You can't have it both ways.

Dec 11, 2019, 7:44 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still trying to figure out how ]

When the season starts there is a pre-season poll based on how a team finished last year. This poll favors SEC and Big 10 for whatever reason. So these two conferences get credit for playing Top 25 teams and the ACC does not get this benefit. These two conferences play 4 or 5 top 25 based on what? The vote of sports writers who are very focused on the region that they cover. In turn this decides who is in the CFP polls. It's all a beauty contest.

In a nutshell.. In this case, a bucknutshell. GeeHawd***

Dec 11, 2019, 7:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 8:02 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still trying to figure out how ]

I guess we will see when Virginia plays Florida. They are our 2nd best team I suppose. What's Florida, the SEC's maybe 4th or 5th best team?

I never can tell if you are serious.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm still trying to figure out how ]

Was Alabama not a real test earlier this year? "But this is a different team" Yes it is. We are better on offense right now than we were in January and I think our defense it at least as good. It looks a lot different due to the mainly 3 down line we are running but I see us giving us even less big plays and still stopping teams in the red zone. If out D makes one more stop than Oh St D, we win. That's how I see it. And I think our Offense scores on anyone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never can tell if you are serious.

Dec 11, 2019, 8:23 AM

We didn't play Alabama this season and we dont have the same team.

Re: I never can tell if you are serious.

Dec 11, 2019, 11:42 AM

He said this "year". Not this season.

They have played "good" teams. We are "elite".

Dec 11, 2019, 8:00 AM

They better bring it or they will be curb stomped.

Re: They have played "good" teams. We are "elite".

Dec 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

Would you deny that OSU was an elite team this year ??

No. They are similar to us and LSU. Just pointing out that

Dec 11, 2019, 10:49 AM

playing a more difficult schedule is not the same as playing elite teams.

I would argue that Alabama is still elite and that LSU has played one elite team.

See what you started!***

Dec 11, 2019, 8:59 AM

Re: See what you started!***

Dec 11, 2019, 9:02 AM

Ohio State is more battle tested then Clemson is what it should say. The ACC is the worst Power 5 conference this year. Its not Clemson's fault but its the truth. Ohio State just won three fairly tough games in the last three weeks. Virginia in the ACC title game is a joke

Dec 11, 2019, 9:22 AM

But all of that doesn’t mean crap on DEC 28.
Ohio St has not seen a team even close to what Clemson will bring . The Tigers have all the play makers back that have been there and done it. Ohio St has none of those
CU-38
OSU-20

Dec 11, 2019, 9:25 AM

Not on D.

Dec 11, 2019, 9:27 AM [ in reply to Re: See what you started!*** ]

The Bottom line is we will find out on Dec. 28th...Clemson is a great team but they are not as elite as everyone on this board thinks. They have not played an elite team like Ohio State all year. I could be wrong but I believe this will be a heck of a game. Also Ohio State is plenty fast.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic