Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
It was wrong of Bama starting Tua for the LSU game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1,453

It was wrong of Bama starting Tua for the LSU game

Nov 19, 2019, 8:09 AM

I understand the hype of the game and
The president and all that stuff. Reality is that bama is the darlin of the media and a loss without tua would not have dropped them from the top 4. A loss with tua playing still did not move them
From the top 4.Imagine if they lost to LSU without tua. My guess that they would not have dropped at all from the top or better yet stayed at 3 since the media bias will understand that tua will be back .. I guess it is a strectch but possible.
Hip injury is due to his lack of mobility in my opinion and I do feel
Sorry for him and how was used by Saban. I ll bet you that Dabo would held him another week at least if not two more ..

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

The LSU game is not the game where he hurt his hip

Nov 19, 2019, 8:12 AM

You know that, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: The LSU game is not the game where he hurt his hip

Nov 19, 2019, 8:20 AM

I know and I am not saying that .. u missed the point

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

So what was the point? I guarantee you neither Saban nor Tua

Nov 19, 2019, 8:24 AM

gave two S#!ts about the president being there when it came to making that decision. It was the biggest game of the year and if Tua was cleared by the doctors then why wouldn't he play? And you're wrong, Dabo would play his star QB if he was cleared to play. He played DW4 on one leg against the coots in a game that had nowhere near the impact on a season as the LSU/Bama game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: So what was the point? I guarantee you neither Saban nor Tua

Nov 19, 2019, 8:28 AM

Looks like your meter is broken? Might want to get that looked at.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, I don't think it is. I think OP is just a moran***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:29 AM

Re: No, I don't think it is. I think OP is just a moran***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:37 AM

In that case, carry on!

Re: So what was the point? I guarantee you neither Saban nor Tua

Nov 19, 2019, 8:47 AM [ in reply to So what was the point? I guarantee you neither Saban nor Tua ]

High ankle injury is never two weeks recovery especially for a game like this and all the expected beating.
Also as far Dabo playing our qb with a leg injury , I think Dabo had a good game plan and he knew how to protect him

"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

It wasn't wrong to play him in that game if he was cleared

Nov 19, 2019, 8:20 AM

by physicians and Tua told them he could play. What was wrong was seeing him hobble off the field after that game, then knowing full well he was a game time decision for Miss St, a game they could've won without Tua because MSU is horrible, being up 35-7 and leaving him in the game knowing the risk was greater than the reward, when the outcome was already settled.

People say 'Oh, that injury could've happened to anybody', and that's true. But it absolutely would not have happened if Saban exercised some caution knowing they still had a legit shot at the playoffs. I personally believe Saban wanted 'eye test' points by beating MSU by 50+. He may have let Tua talk him into staying in the game, but Saban has the last word. They threw caution to the wind in a situation where their best player wasn't 100% and was a game time decision. It didn't work out so good.

I can just about guarantee you...

Nov 19, 2019, 8:21 AM

that Tua was adamant about playing in both of those games.

He was cleared by physicians and he told them he could play.

Football is inherently risky and injuries occur.

How many times has TL continued to play this year when Clemson had a big lead early in the second quarter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Tua is an adult and was under the care of his physician

Nov 19, 2019, 8:24 AM

And had to be released to play by his physician. Tua chose to play.

Who cares

Nov 19, 2019, 8:27 AM

why is everyone all of a sudden feeling sorry, and making excuses, for alabama? anyone can get hurt at any time. watson played hurt, remember? this situation isn't unique. alabama didn't put #13 in harm's way. alabama should have recruited better and managed their roster better.

Tua looked pretty mobile until the play he got hurt

Nov 19, 2019, 8:32 AM

I think the post-game limping after the LSU game was for the committee to see ... insurance policy for the playoffs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No. Just plain no***

Nov 19, 2019, 8:41 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't think Tua had any say in the decision?

Nov 19, 2019, 8:56 AM

All of the criticism I've seen has been directed at Saban and Alabama, but Tua didn't HAVE to go play in any of those games. He could've shut it down like Joey Bosa and focused on rehabbing for the draft. And I'm sure if he had done so some of the very same people that are screaming at Nick Saban would've been dragging Tua through the mud for "quitting on his team."

He wanted to play in those games. He wanted to win another national title. It all came to an unfortunately ending, but stop trying to assign blame. It's football. Injuries happen in football. Tua could've injured his hip on that play even if he had been 100% healthy.

Re: It was wrong of Bama starting Tua for the LSU game

Nov 19, 2019, 8:59 AM

A) You stated a loss with Tua did not drop them from the top 4. It did.

B) This is not even the game he got hurt in.

C) If you think Dabo would not have started TL16 in the same situation, you are delusional. Tua was cleared by doctors to play, and HIS FAMILY urged Saban to let him play in each of the last two games. Shoot...go back and look at how terrible Kelly Bryant looked playing on a hurt leg before the concussion against Syracuse. But we played him, because he was cleared and because he was QB1.

D) In the game where Tua did hurt his hip, he looked fantastic. He was moving around fine, was very accurate with his arm, and his stats were through the roof. I hear all these people saying they should have pulled him because it was 35-3...it was the second quarter! These are the same people that complain when Clemson pulls starters before the 4th. Very hypocritical.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1,453
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic