Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
No. CXVI
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,598

No. CXVI

Nov 24, 2017, 2:58 PM

Early on the morning of Nov. 25, 1921, I made my official appearance on this Earth. Dr. Philpott spanked me, bringing tears to my eyes, not a pleasant reception. Being the sixth child was not an occasion for cigars, flowers, candy, a 27 piece band or even a churn of ice cream. But the lack of all of this pageantry has not deterred me from reaching my XCVI milestone. In fact, it may have inspired me.

35,064 days, That seems like a large number until I realize there are posters on this board who have eclipsed that number with the number of posts they have made in 12 years or less. My number of days on the earth pales in comparison.

Take a long look in the mirror girls and boys. Less than one percent of you will reach XCVI, and, if you do, most of you will have a physical or mental problem. That's not very good odds. Now, you see how fortunate I have been although some of you may question my sanity.

On many occasions I have been asked to what do I attribute my longevity. I honestly don't know. Perhaps, it's luck. or, it could be in my inherited genes. I do have some ideas and it may sound like I'm preaching but some of our best sermons are based on long-term observations and experiences. However, there is no common mold that fits us old timers.

I strongly believe a positive attitude is an essential ingredient. There are always exceptions because, like most of you, I've seen some "crabby" old timers. However, most of those I know who are in my age group, have a positive attitude and remain active, both physically and mentally, within
their capabilities. A positive attitude leads them to remain active, definitely a plus for anyone.

I've never been one to lead a regimented life style, except when I was in military service. A planned program for diet and exercise was never my cup of tea. I was always active from a physical stand point but my food intake was whatever pleased my palate. Some doctors and medical personnel would probably shudder at my choices.

My newly issued driver's license expires on Nov. 25, 2022, and I look forward to my visit to the SCMVD for my renewal. That will be my 101st anniversary.

Have a nice day !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No. CXVI

Nov 24, 2017, 3:00 PM

Make that No. XCVI in the subject. I'm not quite 116.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you deserve 96 TUs-----proud to give you your first

Nov 24, 2017, 3:01 PM

Happy Birthday.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Happy Birthday!***

Nov 24, 2017, 3:07 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 24, 2017, 6:16 PM

Have a great Birthday!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Danny Ford

Nov 24, 2017, 6:26 PM

would refer to you as a youngster.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Congratulations Joe!

Nov 24, 2017, 6:34 PM

Your a great American and a great example to us all on TNet. I hope you birthday is fun, exciting and full of laughter and love.

God Bless you our good friend. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2017, 8:15 AM

Thanks Tigers. That was a nice birthday present.

Nov 26, 2017, 8:47 AM

God bless! Happy BD! Thanks for yr service and yr many excellent posts!+1

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,598
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic