Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I’ll make it easy...CANCEL the ACC Championship game .....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 3,355

I’ll make it easy...CANCEL the ACC Championship game .....

Nov 29, 2020, 8:13 PM

And render it “no one wins due to COVID” and put Clemson vs ND and Bama vs Ohio State in first round.........problems solved.....everyone know Bama will beat UF and Clemson will beat ND.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I’ll make it easy...CANCEL the ACC Championship game .....

Nov 29, 2020, 8:15 PM

No, because ND would then be the de facto acc champ.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No - I said claim there is no winner due to COVID and game not okayed

Nov 29, 2020, 8:17 PM

....it would make things easier

Re: No - I said claim there is no winner due to COVID and game not okayed

Nov 29, 2020, 8:24 PM

“There is no minimum game requirement to be eligible for the College Football Playoff,” the committee announced. “The selection committee's job is to select the top four teams beginning November 24 and continuing through the final rankings December 20. The number of games and wins by each team is certainly important in weighing its ranking, but it is not the only factor.”

Sorry ... I want OSU to play just five games and be ruled

Nov 29, 2020, 8:16 PM

ineligible for the CFP. I love their whiny tears!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Sorry ... I want OSU to play just five games and be ruled

Nov 29, 2020, 8:25 PM

“There is no minimum game requirement to be eligible for the College Football Playoff,” the committee announced. “The selection committee's job is to select the top four teams beginning November 24 and continuing through the final rankings December 20. The number of games and wins by each team is certainly important in weighing its ranking, but it is not the only factor.”

They have to play 6 to get to the B1G Championship Game.

Nov 29, 2020, 8:29 PM

If they ain’t there, how can you say they are one of the four best teams? Just because they’re OSU?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I expect that's exactly what will happen. It's as if the

Nov 29, 2020, 9:53 PM

committee has completely forgotten the reason for their exisitence - to have some objective standards that are proved on the field, primarily by winning football games, while not relying on the "eye test" or preconceived biases. And here we are, everybody on the committee has Ohio State in the top 4 right off the bat, before they have proved jack shat, based entirely on preconceived biases. The fact is, the Bucknuts do not deserve to be in this conversation, PERIOD. I don't care how good anybody "thinks" they are, they flat out are not deserving. If they do get in, the CFP Committee has become a total sham devoid of integrity.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Minimum SOS for non P5 teams: But they get to skate?

Nov 30, 2020, 12:42 AM

committee has completely forgotten the reason for their exisitence - to have some objective standards that are proved on the field, primarily by winning football games, while not relying on the "eye test" or preconceived biases. And here we are, everybody on the committee has Ohio State in the top 4 right off the bat, before they have proved jack shat, based entirely on preconceived biases. The fact is, the Bucknuts do not deserve to be in this conversation, PERIOD. I don't care how good anybody "thinks" they are, they flat out are not deserving. If they do get in, the CFP Committee has become a total sham devoid of integrity.

The bucknuts opponents are something like 7 - 22. Who have they played and beaten "with a pulse besides Hoosiers"? As you said so well here, the preconceived bias is what will likely be leaned on; but shouldn't.
BYU is not getting any respect because of it's schedule. Well, sorry bucknuts, your schedule is just as bad. And, you have a small sample size against "nobody besides Indiana" with a winning record. These dudes will likely be playing Northwestern in the championship game. Who BTW, lost this weekend. Indiana didn't just destroy Maryland; even with a bunch of Terps out of the game. Was the fact Indiana had a chance to upset the bucknuts just early season lack of gelling? Who knows.

But, you hear old football coaches talk about it all the time. The football team that plays game 1 - 3 is not the same team that playing at the end of a "normal season"! By game 6 or 7 it starts to click for more and more of anybody who was new starters. If they make it and get beaten will people go: "they really didn't have a chance to learn each other; but if they had......"?
There should be a minimum even in this covid year. Just like an injury or having a kid on the Covid list - you play through it. It's tough "stuff" if you can't participate! No less fair than all those teams back in the day who never had a shot at a Natty the way they choose National Champions back in the day! Or no less unfair to the AAC, SBC, MWC, MAC who all have to basically play for "no real opportunity" of making the playoffs. As expensive as football is - how and these programs still field teams with no real shot - in this Covid year if they played all their games - how is it fair? It isn't.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 29, 2020, 8:18 PM

Sounds easy but we must win another ACC championship & not let ND think they can come to the ACC & own it.

We need to pound ND really good! With Trevor & our defensive players. Had we managed our last drive in regulation the game was over. We have to right that ship & again in the playoffs would be great.

Love to see ND be the 4th team & beat Alabama & it be Clemson & ND in the Championship! It would be great for the ACC & we’d spank their butts!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Nov 29, 2020, 8:30 PM

I've heard several commentators say if we beat ND in the ACC Championship, both of us should get in the playoffs. A third game would be historic. However, I don't believe our coming victory over them in the championship will be close. Be hard to put in a team that was just beat handily.

Nov 29, 2020, 9:18 PM

I would love to beat the domers badly (gotta beat VT 1st), and if we do, domers 'could' be left out. CFP may discount their win due to the absence of TL and key defensive players.

DJ played GREAT, but they knew our coaches would not risk injury by calling on him to run much. The threat of a QB run helps open up other plays.

Nov 29, 2020, 9:24 PM

Anyone who thinks we are going to just walk over N.D. I believe is going to be disappointed. an O-line like they have combined with a formidable D-Line keeps u in any game. I believe we are better, but they are a tough nosed veteran team.

Having said that, I predict 34- 26 good guys

Nov 29, 2020, 11:45 PM

The fact that we almost, and should have, beat them - with our back ups, at South Bend - is where Clemson fans get that idea.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Replies: 13
| visibility 3,355
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic