Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Nick Honor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,410

Nick Honor

Jan 28, 2021, 8:59 AM

Honor has been so strong for us this season, but he missed every shot he took against Florida State and Louisville, and missed all his 3 pointers against UVA. I know we’re not a one-man team this year, but he gave us some clutch plays to help out with early season wins. I hope that as he gets his shooting touch back, we’ll be able to get back to our early season form. The ACC is underrated big time this year. COVID has thrown a lot of people off, but you have to believe that these teams are very talented and well coached, they just aren’t putting it together this season for whatever reason. Let’s beat Duke!

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nick Honor

Jan 28, 2021, 9:03 AM

We had some misses last night that were just so far off they weren't even close. Not all on him but everybody seems to be having them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 28, 2021, 9:08 AM

I am a big time Nick Honor Fan! Even if he is not knocking down 3's, he impacts the game in so many other ways with his hustle, steals, penetration, passing, ball handling, energy, defense, etc. Seems like a great team mate as well! Like a hitter in Baseball, he may be in a shooting slump, but he will find his touch again, not worried! Go Nick and Go Tigers!

Yeah but it was good for Dawes to play well...

Jan 28, 2021, 10:16 AM

We need at least him or Honor playing well at PG scoring. If at least one of those two is playing well we have a chance against good teams if the defense is active.

Jan 28, 2021, 12:40 PM

I support most of what you said - except that the ACC is underrated. In my 62 years of life, I have never seen such weakness as we now have in the ACC. The ACC has one decent team and one ok team. Duke, unc, Syracuse, Louisville (usually very good ) are not very good. Then, the normally marginal teams, nc state, nd, Miami, Pitt, VT, are nothing to be proud of. Then the rest, wake is bad, gt , bc nothing to get excited about.

1 team in top 15 . And in my mind, the one (UVA) is not a real threat to win the natty.

JMO anyway

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You’re a little off on the ACC analysis there....

Jan 28, 2021, 1:53 PM

Clearly UVA and FSU have very good teams and will be a factor in March.
Va. Tech has been in the top 20 for a while and is a really good squad....they did just lose a key contributor.
UNC had trouble early...but they’ve won 6 out of 7. Obviously not a great team...but they are not terrible.
Pittsburgh is way better than they have been.
Ga. Tech is solid and has improved this season.

As for the rest...yes, Duke is down. Louisville is a mixed bag...up and down fringe top 25 team. NCSU is kind of ‘meh’. Syracuse is about the same as NCSU. Miami is down, but has also been without Lykes for a while. Notre Dame, BC & Wake just aren’t good....and we haven’t played any of them yet.

There may not be a final 4 team...but I wouldn’t count out UVA or FSU.
I do think the opportunity is there for Clemson to break through and be in the top 4 of the ACC by the end....the next 3 games are crucial to that...not going to be easy

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,410
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic