Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Not sure how many Skiers or Snowboarders are on the board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Not sure how many Skiers or Snowboarders are on the board

Feb 2, 2021, 10:00 PM

However NC (Beech / Sugar) looks pretty #### inviting this week. Giddy up!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not sure how many Skiers or Snowboarders are on the board

Feb 2, 2021, 10:23 PM

Knees and hips can’t take it anymore, but in my prime (30 years ago), I would be in one of the first chairs going up the mountain, and time my last run to catch one of the last chairs going up the mountain just before the lifts stopped.

I was watching the coverage of Orlena (or whatever the heck they named the storm that dumped all the snow on NYC - but especially Vermont and New Hampshire) and thinking back to how pumped I would’ve been 10 or 12 years ago!

Honestly though, after skiing Colorado, Utah and Idaho, you get really spoiled by NOT skiing on man made snow and ice.

Have fun!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Feb 2, 2021, 10:53 PM

I remember when my knees used to work. Fun stuff. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 5:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Not sure how many Skiers or Snowboarders are on the board ]

Knees and hips can’t take it anymore, but in my prime (30 years ago), I would be in one of the first chairs going up the mountain, and time my last run to catch one of the last chairs going up the mountain just before the lifts stopped.

I was watching the coverage of Orlena (or whatever the heck they named the storm that dumped all the snow on NYC - but especially Vermont and New Hampshire) and thinking back to how pumped I would’ve been 10 or 12 years ago!

Honestly though, after skiing Colorado, Utah and Idaho, you get really spoiled by NOT skiing on man made snow and ice.

Have fun!!

Well you still ain't skeered to ride a motorsickle

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Feb 3, 2021, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Not sure how many Skiers or Snowboarders are on the board ]

Learned how to ice ski at Beech and Sugar. Learned how to really ski in Lake Tahoe.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 2, 2021, 10:52 PM

Grandkids were in NC somewhere last weekend - said slopes were awesome.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 3, 2021, 4:44 AM

SkiBeech has had an outstanding year. It has snowed almost every day since last Wednesday and the temperatures have rarely gotten out of the teens. It is currently 9 degrees there at the summit which is 5,506 elevation. Have a condo there and have been up for 4 nearly 10" events since early December.
Check out the Summit webcam here https://www.resortcams.com/webcams/beech-mountain-summit/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hadn’t thought about a ‘resort cam’! Answers my question

Feb 3, 2021, 7:43 AM

about the wind. I’m seeing 25-30 mph gusts on my mtn - looks like Beech is getting them, too!

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

I will be skiing at Winterplace this Saturday***

Feb 3, 2021, 7:35 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

My favorite east coast ski destination with family in

Feb 3, 2021, 1:52 PM

Tow anyway. 15 years ago i would’ve been there with you. Have fun!! Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice pun in the Subject line +1

Feb 3, 2021, 7:42 AM

:)

The last time I was at Beech, 36" of snow had fallen. Great skiing!

I skied Cooper Mountain in Colorado one year, it was just as good. However, ESPN was hosting the X-Games while we were there, so it was crowded.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Nice pun in the Subject line +1

Feb 3, 2021, 11:41 AM

IMO, TELLURIDE is unmatched!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES!

Feb 3, 2021, 7:57 AM

Wife and I skied in Zermatt last week and Verbier this past Monday! Heading to Portes du Soleil this weekend! Slopes are almost empty due to Corona. This year has been one of the best (as far as snow accumulation is concerned) in the Alps this year.

Don't let your tips cross!!!

Go Tigers AND Stay Well Clemson Nation!

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

You misspelled snowboreders and bored in the same sentence***

Feb 3, 2021, 8:37 AM

Feb 3, 2021, 8:59 AM

On my way the Breckenridge this morning!

I’m heading up there tomorrow AM!!

Feb 3, 2021, 11:21 AM

I’m hoping for more snow. All the places out west are closed on the mountain and I passed on the Denver trip this year. I think Beech is a killer little mountain for weekday trips!!!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I say closed I mean the bars and restaurants (from what I’m hearing)

Feb 3, 2021, 11:31 AM

Have fun in Breck!!! One of my favorite spots in CO

Re: When I say closed I mean the bars and restaurants (from what I’m hearing)

Feb 3, 2021, 3:13 PM

25% occupancy, but open...

Up for skiing down a mountain of liquid water?

Feb 3, 2021, 12:42 PM

https://www.ocregister.com/2021/01/13/odd-sight-dana-point-surfer-charged-a-massive-40-foot-mavericks-wave-wearing-water-skis/

That bums me out. I would be there in a heart beat

Feb 4, 2021, 1:01 PM

If I didn't already have plans to ski K7.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic