Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brady & Co.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 258

Brady & Co.

Jan 25, 2021, 9:23 AM

its really incredible when you think about what he/they have been able to do this year. I am too lazy to get into the Stats, but when you just look at the surface at a mediocre franchise that hitched its wagons to the subpar Winston, then it looked like they were just dead in the water. Now, they pull in Brady, AB, Gronk, they had Suh and they have a badass team. Lots of leadership on the team and lots of experience.

I hate to say this, but us small market NFL and NBA teams, especially in the North, are toast. No one who has that kind of ability wants to live and play in cold weather or in these rust belt cities. It will be tougher and tougher as time marches on to get talent to DC, Boston, NY, Detroit, Milwaukee, Pittsburgh. NY will get their share due to the media exposure and that city lifestyle, but if you notice they haven't been getting the names either.

I don't know, I just hate the shift that is happening, but hey, its all cyclical and can change. Luckily being a Clemson fan and Southerner at heart, I am somewhat immune to those problems.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this trend started in college football years ago

Jan 25, 2021, 9:56 AM

Ohio State is the one outlier remaining. You're right, nobody wants to play in brutal weather when you can just as easily play and live in a nice climate.

Since the BCS era started (1998, 22 years), can you name the next northernmost National Champion behind Ohio State?

That would be Tennessee, in 1998. Clemson (or Oklahoma, hard to tell) would be 3rd most North.

See the purple footballs in the map below:

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've never seen it laid out on a map like this but it looks

Jan 25, 2021, 10:02 AM

like Clemson may need to relocate a little farther south if we plan to keep winning. Tennessee is on the way out, possibly because of their harsh northern climate.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this is cool

Jan 25, 2021, 10:06 AM [ in reply to this trend started in college football years ago ]

I think too that the year round baseball being played and almost year round flag and tackle Football in Florida and other warm climates have kids up here, light years behind the same age of kids down there.

My coworker is down in FL for the next week at a Flag Football Tournament. My son, who plays too, yeah he walked to school in 5" of snow as we are expected to get another 6" tomorrow. Hard to keep up. He is a straight baller in basketball, but that is because we constantly go and play at the church. (I gots a key to the church gym. ha!)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also, there was this event called

Jan 25, 2021, 10:07 AM [ in reply to this trend started in college football years ago ]

Slavery that happened mostly in the southeast.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice chart, thanks!***

Jan 25, 2021, 10:09 AM [ in reply to this trend started in college football years ago ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great find. Or, as I read somewhere, there has been 1

Jan 25, 2021, 10:19 AM [ in reply to this trend started in college football years ago ]

National Champion north of I-40 in the last 20 years, so some such stat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Detroit a small market?

Jan 25, 2021, 10:48 AM

Also I am pretty sure they play inside. Did you move to Minneapolis-St. Paul this weekend?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NY Yankees & NE Patriots say not so fast my friend. But ...

Jan 25, 2021, 11:56 AM

those are big $$$$ owners and markets.

Could be some other variables in play —- media market size, all sorts of population demographics, entertainment options, economic factors etc. Macro trends are entertaining to look at when someone else researches the data, performs the statistical analysis and presents / graphs the results.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 258
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic