Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dad Brag (please forgive me)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 826

Dad Brag (please forgive me)

Aug 28, 2019, 9:05 AM

I've been watching my kids football practices over the past few weeks, but haven't had the time to give them some 1 on 1 coaching and the coaches don't have time do give much 1 on 1 instruction either.

I took some time before practice yesterday to give SonAdidas some tips on the D-line. Improved his stance, worked on his first two steps, getting his shoulders turned when he's going through the line, and STAYING LOW. When they started scrimmaging, he got a hand on the QB on the first 5 plays. Ended up getting 3 sacks and a forced fumble in what equated to maybe a quarter worth of playing. He's pretty shy, but after that forced fumble, he got up and started "hype dancing".

I think he finally "gets it".

The moved him over to offensive line and he was blocking the heck out of the guys.

I was a proud daddy.

I totally ignored my daughter's practice on the other field. After her practice, she shows up with a WWF belt on, because she was named "Practice Champion". Her coach was hyping her up and saying that she was blocking like a bad MF. She says the secret to blocking is "to imagine that the person across from you just destroyed every toy that you love." Works for me.

They both got ice cream on the way home.

TLDR: I'm bragging on my kids for having good football practices.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Nice. Son of Greenr (littlest guy) scored a goal in soccer

Aug 28, 2019, 9:09 AM

last night. It was the wrong goal, but it was glorious for a 4 year old. He dribbled a couple times and drilled it into the net. Super pumped which was nice since the first 15 minutes of his first ever practice was spent crying and asking to just go home.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nice. Son of Greenr (littlest guy) scored a goal in soccer

Aug 28, 2019, 9:21 AM

Similar here.

Daughter has had some crying moments and refusing to play moments, so this was a complete 180* turn. I heard her talking to my mom last night on the phone and all she wanted to talk about was football.

Seeing the kid blocking my son getting reamed out by the coaches was way more satisfying that hearing my boy getting reamed out all practice for missing blocks. Then when he switched to offense, the coaches started reaming out the DL for not getting any pressure.

Cherish these memories

Aug 28, 2019, 9:25 AM

Before you know it, you'll be stopping for sleeves of skoal instead of ice cream.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That was me, but I quit....lol

Aug 28, 2019, 9:29 AM

I can now honestly answer that I an not a "tobacco user" when going to the doctor.

Still an addict though. ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 18 month old can put all of her toys away in the right

Aug 28, 2019, 9:26 AM

place

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 120 month old can't get his dirty clothes in the basket

Aug 28, 2019, 9:30 AM

Forget anything else.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My unborn looks like he's kicking through my wife's stomach

Aug 28, 2019, 9:31 AM

Pretty creepy, honestly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh.....first child memories

Aug 28, 2019, 9:41 AM

Pro-tips.....

If delivered through a c-section, be prepared for the smell. If natural, be prepared for the "transition". And be prepared to become a coffee drinker, if not already.

Cherish these memories.

Aug 28, 2019, 10:20 AM [ in reply to My unborn looks like he's kicking through my wife's stomach ]

Next thing you know, he'll be all up in his girlfriends guts and you'll be giving him "the talk".

Lol, got a few more years before my first of three "talks"

Aug 28, 2019, 11:47 AM

Wife of, who was raised in an Amish home, absolutely refused to even give the cursory birds and bees talk until like 4th grade. Prior to that I am to assume son of didn't know where babies came from. Oh, but I was validated when he informed her he knew EXACTLY how babies are made. Learned from his friends from school. I told her by 4th grade he would know. She said I was full of it.

I plan to be on the front end of the "real talk" because she wouldn't have that until he is a senior in high school if she had her way. By then I was -3 years a virgin.

Is that when you'll be telling him about

Aug 28, 2019, 2:55 PM

pre-nups, and not to get married or have kids?

'Cause that seems like a good time to do that.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oldest is smart. I won't need to worry about him being like

Aug 28, 2019, 5:57 PM

his old man. He'll be fine. Cold as ice and smart as ####, just like his mamma. Middle son I'm worried about. He's already had girls fighting over him in preschool. He's all heart and it will get broken I'm afraid. He's more like me. Jury still out on 2yo.....

My 340 month old can drive and has a job.***

Aug 28, 2019, 9:36 AM [ in reply to My 18 month old can put all of her toys away in the right ]

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My 39 month old dog sleeps and farts all day

Aug 28, 2019, 9:38 AM [ in reply to My 18 month old can put all of her toys away in the right ]

#winner

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like my wife.

Aug 28, 2019, 10:21 AM

SarahAdidas

Well, we are talking about

Aug 28, 2019, 10:09 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Took the 6 yr old g-son to Par 3 golf Sunday

Aug 28, 2019, 2:49 PM

He hit his fairway wood on the green (in the air) on a 105 yd hole! I jumped!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 826
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic