Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Belts - I'm shopping for a new belt
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Belts - I'm shopping for a new belt

Jan 7, 2021, 10:14 AM

I've never seen this accessory discussed on here before. Mebbe you fashion plates can help me out.

I need a new belt. My current one(s) won't hold my britches up anymore, as I have lost 2 notches due to all the manual labor I've done since Halloween, first chainsawing and cleaning up numerous fallen trees from that late-season "hurricane" that blew through, and then building 200' of fenceline during the holidays. I'm on the last (or first) notch on my belt and still too loose.

TIRED of buying these faux-leather pieces of crap that crinkle and de-laminate (? not sure what to call it) after a month or two - I'm looking for a thick, plain, solid strip of genuine cowhide/horsehide. Where do y'all find quality belts? Brand to look for?

I think I got a good one from Academy Sports one time. Also may try Tractor Supply, they probably got Carhartt. Anywhere else come to mind?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Belts - I'm shopping for a new belt

Jan 7, 2021, 10:18 AM

I think you need to give someone some lessons on

Jan 7, 2021, 10:18 AM

how to put up a fence

tdrake®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

Mast General Store sells it.....***

Jan 7, 2021, 10:19 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This feller I used to work with makes belts local

Jan 7, 2021, 10:21 AM

https://kbleatherco.com/collections/accessories/products/belts

guy makes some really sweet stuff

Jan 7, 2021, 10:28 AM

I hesitate to order a belt online, the sizes seem to vary. You always want one that fits middle-notch perfect so you can "grow" in either direction.

Wish he was closer than Iva to me, I'd pay him a visit.

7spots is following this thread.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:22 AM

I am a destroyer of belts. I’d like to find something that holds up to fat guy wear and tear. I once had a leathersmith make me a belt. It cost me $40. It lasted for 5 years. But he doesn’t do belts anymore. Makes big money now doing saddle and custom leather work. Got a Dickies belt that’s made it a year. But that’s about the best I’ve had in a while.

I'm still wearing a belt from 1999 my girlfriend

Jan 7, 2021, 10:25 AM

step-sister bought me.....I'm just kidding, she was a girlfriend and not my step-sister.

I think it came from Structure, haha

Skip the leather.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:29 AM

These are way better, and you can adjust to exactly where you need a belt, based on the giant meal you just ate or unloaded.

https://grip6.com/

Also have wider work belts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Asking for ME

Jan 7, 2021, 11:39 AM

'cause I know you'd know, do these go well with cargo shorts ?

19B

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where do you think I keep the belts I'm not wearing?***

Jan 7, 2021, 11:46 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. 19B, just so you know that I do value your opinion

Jan 7, 2021, 11:47 AM

I just bought one and will post a review after receiving this belt.

Gator Belts or GTFOOH

Jan 7, 2021, 10:31 AM

Nah, Patagonia Tech Web Belt

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have a few of those. The ones I posted above are better.***

Jan 7, 2021, 10:32 AM

Nice. I bet the American Flag buckle goes well with your

Jan 7, 2021, 10:39 AM

Assault Rifle and Punisher tactical gear.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, fam. But I did get these made sometime before the '18

Jan 7, 2021, 10:49 AM

Natty.

These are my go to.

Jan 7, 2021, 10:36 AM

Leather scratches, stretches, and generally gets wrecked if you're any kind of active. The notches in leather belts aren't always in the right places. These don't do any of that, and are quickly and easily adjusted for everything from post-Thanksgiving bloat to Mexican prison emaciation. I've had the same one for over 15 years as best I can recollect, and it doesn't look like it has any significant mileage on it. The hookers and blow cash compartment is a huge bonus, because you also use that money to bribe officials at the borders of foreign countries when escaping the ruins of our fallen society. If American cash has any actual value anywhere else, of course.

https://www.eaglecreek.com/shop/Stocking-Stuffers/all-terrain-money-belt-ec0a34p2?variationId=220&utm_source=google&utm_id=go_cmp-7788464120_adg-87109219608_ad-393433493743_pla-293946777986_dev-c_ext-_prd-EC%3A0A34P2%3A220%3AOS%3A%3A1%3A_sig-CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v15zNG-AN2lUF5_Nv0NczrYj6mxFEY_lM8ydZTpwfkDZSaC6SvivDtBoC8psQAvD_BwE&gclid=CjwKCAiA_9r_BRBZEiwAHZ_v15zNG-AN2lUF5_Nv0NczrYj6mxFEY_lM8ydZTpwfkDZSaC6SvivDtBoC8psQAvD_BwE

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Now I got Belt Ads all over my Tnet page

Jan 7, 2021, 10:51 AM

where'd the tnet pron go?

Basketball shorts and sweatpants don’t have belt loops

Jan 7, 2021, 10:51 AM

Problem solved

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”
Isaac Asimov

TOGA! TOGA! TOGA!

Jan 7, 2021, 10:55 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm a sansabelt man

Jan 7, 2021, 11:05 AM

My dad loved those pants

Jan 7, 2021, 11:40 AM

he even bought some for me. Those went to Goodwill

Unless I'm dressing up for church, or court, or dinner at

Jan 7, 2021, 11:11 AM

Red Lopster, I just take a zip tie (get them free from work) and sinch two adjacent belt loops together.

Works like a charm.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

#lifehack***

Jan 7, 2021, 11:15 AM

Alternatively, just get fatter so it fits better.***

Jan 7, 2021, 11:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'm probably going ice pick until I do get fatter

Jan 7, 2021, 12:22 PM

which will happen between now and March or April because of cold weather inactivity. I'll just pop another hole in there. Belt is pretty much trashed anyways, a homemade notch won't make it look any worse.

But I would like a nice new belt. I just seem to have a hard time finding one I really like.

I rarely tuck in a shirt, so I always

Jan 7, 2021, 12:26 PM

have a couple of these in rotation. This one and a black one.

If I am getting all fancy, I have had this one for years and its awesome. Its Brooks Brothers and worth the price.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Belts - I'm shopping for a new belt

Jan 7, 2021, 3:06 PM

Check out beltman.net

Best ever.

Great customer service. Excellent products.

I have two that are about 15 years old. They are still wearable.(They look worn so I ordered replacements a few months ago.)

Message was edited by: Tigerfan8002®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic