Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ngata/Pryor
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Ngata/Pryor

May 9, 2019, 7:54 AM

Here lately it has pretty much gone down as a foregone conclusion that Pryor will announce his commitment to Clemson on the 18th. Here is my qiestion. What if Ngata called before then and told Clemson he wanted to commit? Would Clemson turn him down because they want a power back like Pryor or would they accept his commitment and tell Pryor we are full, or would they take all 3 under this scenario? I don’t see how you can turn down a talent like Ngata.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have no inside information like half this bored

May 9, 2019, 7:59 AM

but I've taken the interest in Pryor to mean the coaches already know Ngata is going to Washington with the older brother.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Re: Ngata/Pryor

May 9, 2019, 8:00 AM

You take all 3 in my opinion. Fall of 2020 you will have Dixon as a JR, Mellusi as a Soph, Dukes as a RS Frosh, you let the best of the incoming 3 freshmen play immediately and redshirt the other 2. Or if some of the reports I have read are correct, Ngata may end up being a Ray Ray/Artavis/Amari type of slot receiver.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like the slot receiver angle. I hope that's true

May 9, 2019, 8:05 AM

and I'm wrong

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Dude abides

Pryor has already committed to a coaching staff***

May 9, 2019, 8:39 AM

Pryor has already committed

May 9, 2019, 8:44 AM

He committed to the coaching staff of the school he’ll announce publicly on Tuesday. So if it was to Clemson, Ngata wouldn’t be able to preempt his commitment. If Pryor commits to Clemson, that closes up RB unless Zach Evans comes as an oversign (highly unlikely).

The slot receiver angle is interesting for Ngata. Due to the numbers crunch I think he’d only be a WR take if they miss on 2 of Williams, Henderson, or Lambert.

Re: Pryor has already committed

May 9, 2019, 9:29 AM

Any chance they may be adding an extra spot for WR and losing one at CB since the switch of Kendrick?

Early in the process I heard 2 WR and 2 CB. I wonder if that has changed.

Could be

May 9, 2019, 9:41 AM

Depends on what DK wants to do I suppose. Unless he is leaning toward/already committed to going CB full time, I wouldn’t think that opens up another WR spot this class but I don’t get paid to manage rosters so your guess is as good as mine.

Also wouldn’t think that DK’s scholarship would have a big impact on their takes as he could theoretically be an awesome CB this year and go pro after another good year in 2020. Not saying that’s likely but it’s not totally insane if the reviews from the coaches on him are accurate.

Re: Could be

May 9, 2019, 9:49 AM

Totally agree.

My guess is that if he is a starter come August then he will be full-time with some return game responsibilities mixed in.

If he is splitting time then we will see him both ways and he will be counted as a WR that is holding a spot on defense until some guys grow up a little and develop around him.

I wouldn't be shocked if he is a 3 year guy regardless of his position.

There’s also the question of how ready Booth is

May 9, 2019, 9:55 AM

If he comes in ready to live up to his billing, I think he could easily be starting opposite Terrell by October. If I’m DK, I only move to DB full time if I’m a starter, especially with reps to be won in that slot position and your main competition Powell and Overton who if we’re being honest, haven’t lived up to their billing (opportunity also an issue there).

Assuming McMichael and Goodrich take the next step after their first full offseason, and even more growth from Sheridan Jones, that’s a strong 5 corners to be throwing out there then add in Henry Gray next year after Terrell leaves and you still have a very strong group

Question

May 9, 2019, 9:48 AM

Does team have any scholarship flexibility based upon sons of multimillionaire coaches?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was under the impression that university employees’ children got free tuition

May 9, 2019, 9:50 AM

Maybe that’s not how it works. But regardless Dabo has a long history of rewarding the sons of Clemson staffers with scholarships when they might have been PWO’s had they not been the sons of Clemson coaches. Greenlee, the Davis’, Batson all come to mind

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic