Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Next year KB will be known as
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,911

Next year KB will be known as

Oct 3, 2018, 12:08 PM

"That other qb that transferred out of Clemson". Most people seem to forget that Hunter Johnson will reemerge next year at Northwestern. His departure wasn't nearly as dramatic because of the timing...but I feel like his play will be much more spectacular.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Next year KB will be known as

Oct 3, 2018, 12:29 PM

It was not as dramtic as he did not transfer while tossing grenades on the way out the door. Nobody begrudges him preserving his last year of eligibility but I do think that his statemnts were WAY out of line. We all knew game 4 was the line in the sand as far as a decision with the new rule and as such Dabo did the correct thing from a moral persepectice.

it was less drama because a lot less people

Oct 3, 2018, 12:37 PM

cried and whined about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: it was less drama because a lot less people

Oct 3, 2018, 12:45 PM

No it was actually because of tossing hand grenades, at least from the people I have talked with about it.I know it was for me, I also know you think he is just a kid and all so he should be granted a waiver( 22 is not a kid by the way) from responsibility but you would be wrong . If people are still kids at 22 and should not be held responsible then why in the world do they have the right to vote at 18? I say that can inflict far more damage than a simple transfer in College Footballand of course they are too young to enlist, too young to marry or sign a loan also,right?

didn't hurt my feelings one bit. . but

Oct 3, 2018, 1:06 PM

I'm more selective about my buthurt

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

B S. People were pissed that he left after game 4. The comments didn't help,

Oct 3, 2018, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Next year KB will be known as ]

but the disdain for the decision is the same. The comments, including yours, are that KB quit on the team. That has nothing to do with his comments. Again, he didn't help his cause with theparting shots, but that wouldn't have changed people slamming him for "quitting."

The difference is that KB started the season and HJ didn't. If KB had left in June, there would be less hate. It also is a bigger point of contention bc KB was our returning starter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

there were people on tnet critizing tucket, hunter and

Oct 3, 2018, 2:39 PM

zerrik.. just not as many.

Probably because they still had Trevor and KB.

drama begits drama. hatas gonna hate...

The other quitter, they’re both

Oct 3, 2018, 12:46 PM

Me 1st quitters.

Re: The other quitter, they’re both

Oct 3, 2018, 12:53 PM

I can see folks holding to that opinion but for me as long as Coaches can move to new jobs before their recruits leave the University it is okay to transfer to a program that affords them PT. Not really different that me or anyone else moving to a new/better job in truth , the biggest difference is I would not be held to a 4 year eligibility rule for my career.

Re: The other quitter, they’re both

Oct 3, 2018, 12:54 PM [ in reply to The other quitter, they’re both ]

This is an absolutely absurd sentiment.

Loyalty is admirable, but not to the point of self-detriment. These are extremely talented athletes that have been blessed with a gift that could allow them to achieve things most people can’t.

IF a person handles it correctly, which Hunter did and Kelly didn’t, there’s no reason to label them as selfish like you are.

Even KB wasn’t being selfish, but the immature and incorrect comments he made were wrong.

But if you’re mad at Hunter Johnson too, you’re having an unrealistic expectation that someone should sacrifice an opportunity just to stay where they started.

Have you had the same job for your entire life?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. He should be a great one.***

Oct 3, 2018, 12:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wasn't "upset" with KB...until TL got knocked out.

Oct 3, 2018, 1:10 PM

Hats off to Brice for a hard-earned W.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bear no ill will towards Hunter Johnson. He was in a

Oct 3, 2018, 1:45 PM

totally different situation.

He had several years of playing time left, and was stuck behind not one, but TWO QB's.

He lobbed no grenades at coaches or the school on the way out. I wish him every success, hope Northwestern wins the Big 10 with him at the controls next year.

former QB of the current national champion Clemson Tigers***

Oct 3, 2018, 2:02 PM

Never heard of her***

Oct 3, 2018, 2:23 PM

Just call him "Kellie"***

Oct 3, 2018, 2:35 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Next year KB will be known as

Oct 3, 2018, 5:06 PM

Don’t forget Zerrick Cooper who was just named conference player of the week for the gamecocks - Jax state.

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,911
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic