Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New trick play for Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1

New trick play for Dabo

Jan 5, 2018, 8:29 AM

I just thought of a new trick play that is definitely the best idea since the game of football was ever invented. It is one of those that will only work once every few years and will require some planning and prep throughout the season. I am going to give this as a gift to our Clemson Tigers. Please be sure Dabo gets it immediately.

It all starts with the very first time the offense gets in victory formation and kneels the ball to run out the clock. From the very first time, the offense of line as well as all other members of the offense make sure to be extra verbal about them neatly in the ball and running out the clock as they approach the line of scrimmage. Not just verbally, but using what ever type of body language they can to help sell this. Enough so that it shows up on tape when teams are reviewing the game when preparing to face our guys.

When the time finally comes to use it, just like right before halftime against Alabama the other night, the fake comes in. The line and everyone sells the fact that the ball will be kneeled to run the clock out. However, instead of going all the way to the ground with his knee, the quarterback goes halfway down and then springs up running straight past the defense and into the end zone for the touchdown. All the quarterback has to do is make sure he gripped the ball firmly so there is no turnover. I think it is certainly worth a shot. Thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't touch this...

Jan 5, 2018, 9:09 AM

Go Tigers AND Tiger Nation(al Champs!)!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: New trick play for Dabo

Jan 5, 2018, 9:11 AM

How old are you??

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New trick play for Dabo

Jan 5, 2018, 12:32 PM

Obviously old enough to come up with great plays and young enough to still be able to think of coming up with great plays. ;)

This has been attempted

Jan 5, 2018, 12:40 PM

Texas Tech under Mike Leach attempted this but the refs blew the play dead as the QB made "the act of kneeling." Leach was furious. It's been tried a few other times, but never as successful as you'd like it to be.

There is also another version of this with a fake spike that has been done a ton of times in the NFL.

Nice try though.

Snowflake Basher........Out

no...just no***

Jan 5, 2018, 12:43 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic