Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New steak grilling methodology.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 2,582

New steak grilling methodology.

Sep 26, 2020, 9:22 PM

Step 1: Pour beer
Step 2: Pat steak dry and season. Mostly salt. Lot of salt.
Step 3: Crank up grill to high as it’ll go. This is a Weber Genesis has grill. I let it heat up closed to save time and then do the cook with it open.
Step 4: Let it heat up to just before the #### inside catches on fire and kills us all. About 500 F on the thermometer.
Step 5: Beer 2 or three. Whatevs.
Step 6: Put room temp steak onto hot AF grill in hottest spot I can find. Let cook for 2 mins.
Step 7: Flip with spatula and cook two mins in hottest spot on grill (different spot than first time).
Step 8: Flip every minute after till it has a good crust/sear/char. Usually comes out about medium rare and takes about 4 beers.

Let rest. Pour another beer. Eat. #### my brains out the next day if I can make it to the next day. Steak does that to me.

Anyone else do anything similar? Seems like the constant flipping let’s me get a better sear and char on the outside without overcooking.

Prost!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Karbach the stuff on tap at the Astros game?

Sep 26, 2020, 9:23 PM

:)

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m sure it is.

Sep 26, 2020, 10:41 PM

If they have Rodeo Clown in two then I’m sure it increases arrest rate.

Re: New steak grilling methodology.

Sep 26, 2020, 9:28 PM

Flip every minute

what the heck??

Naw dog!! 3 minutes on each side, then put it on cast iron pan in your grill. Slap a big ole pat of butter mixed with minced garlic and sprinkle thyme on your steak. 5/7/10 minutes = medium rare/medium/well. Then let it sit on a wooden cutting board for about 10 minutes after you bring it in.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why bother with the grill if using cast iron?

Sep 26, 2020, 10:45 PM

So your smoke detectors don’t go off?

Depends on if you want to sear on the grill or not

Sep 26, 2020, 11:02 PM

if you like the flavor you get on the grill, go that way. That's the good thing with cooking steak. You have to really try to mess them up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to Re: New steak grilling methodology. ]

That sounds horrible! And so good for you.

Sep 26, 2020, 9:46 PM

Weber Genesis is a good grill .
What’s everyone’s favorite cut of beef ?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2020, 10:39 PM

Bone-in ribeye

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

I usually buy bone in ribeye. A good porterhouse is fun to

Sep 26, 2020, 10:44 PM [ in reply to Re: New steak grilling methodology. ]

I buy this from Costco. Works well on asparagus and scallops too

https://kinders.com/products/buttery-steakhouse-seasoning

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 26, 2020, 10:38 PM

I marinade for 30-60 minutes in low sodium chicken-broth seasoned with Jane's mixed up steak seasoning, Jane's mixed up salt, Stubbs steak seasoning, onion powder, and garlic powder. I use Stubbs lump charcoal with mesquite wood chips on my Big Steel Keg. Once the temperature gets to 450, I put the steak on and close the lid. I usually leave the lid closed unless the temperature rises above 450, which happens if I use too much charcoal.

I'm going for medium with a slight char, so I leave it on for 6-8 minutes depending on the thickness of the steak. Due to the air flow of a grill of this design, I don't need to flip the steak.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Sep 26, 2020, 10:50 PM

Thick ribeye. Vacuum seal w salt, butter, garlic, thyme. Sous vide to 130° for a couple hrs. Reverse sear on scorching hot skillet 30sec per side. Rest 5min.

https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe/recipe-sous-vide-medium-rare-strip-steak

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS

Sep 27, 2020, 8:07 AM

Exactly how I do it. One prep step, I do, is to dry brine the steak for 24hrs.

Cooked a tasty one tonight. Maybe 3/4" thick

Sep 26, 2020, 11:08 PM

sirloin. About 4 minutes or so on each side at about 425 degrees to get medium rare. Sprinkled some pepper, garlic powder, and minced onion on each side while it was on the grill. Cooked some peppers and onions on the grill for about 20 minutes in aluminum foil with some butter and Slap Yo Mama. Good stuff!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Simple is the key

Sep 27, 2020, 7:44 AM

I’ve tried so many methods and always remember basic is the way

Filet
EVOO
Sea Salt
Cracked pepper

Grill Grates
Thermapen

Rest
Eat