Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made

Oct 14, 2017, 12:01 PM

Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made

Friday night’s Debacle in the Dome might have been the worst a Brent Venables-coached defense has played during his tenure at Clemson, and Venables says the Tigers can expect more losses if the little things aren’t corrected. Photo by Rich Barnes / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on what was on display Friday, i would tend to agree***

Oct 14, 2017, 12:12 PM

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely******

Oct 14, 2017, 12:23 PM

Re: New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made

Oct 14, 2017, 12:36 PM

No way to disagree. Obvious. It also applies to the O. Overthrows missed blockd, dropped passes, etc.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made

Oct 14, 2017, 12:57 PM

Just an honest question....Why were the defensive calls so slow to get in? Many times on tv the players were all standing looking at Venables and Syracuse had already snapped the ball.
Seemed not to be the players but the coach.
Not really concerned about loss but our coach caught unprepared?

Oct 14, 2017, 1:48 PM

The defensive calls were same as all year. It was the speed that 'Cuse was running the offense that they never adjusted to. Ball would be snapped and half the DB's and Lb's would still be trying to line up.

Nobody, players or coaches were ready to play, just like the Pittsburg game last year. Looking ahead to bye week...

Don't know why Johnson didn't get in game, but in all honesty how many possessions did we have in 2nd half -5?

Oct 14, 2017, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made ]

One thing is as true as a red apple, and that is these guys had played 6 games leading up last nights game, and our biggest failure was at QB, and I believe the team saw, felt, and knew they were in trouble, and they tried to do more than they could do or was suppose to do and that got everybody out of sync and they couldn't get their self back into the rhythm they needed to get back in. It is really very hard to put the wheels back on after they have run off. They needed our coaches more than ever at that moment before that happen, and they didn't get it. Guys td me all you want to if that will make you feel better. It don't make me feel better to point a finger, and most of you have never seen or heard of me pointing fingers at our coaching staff or our players, most of the time I'm a big defender of everything Clemson FB to every coach and every player, and I believe that we have been blessed to have what we got, and to have been to the heights that our coaches and player has taken us the past 5 years, and I wouldn't trade a week of it to have that game back last night. And it pains me to say out loud that if there is any one coach to blame for that loss last night. I put that loss directly in Dabo's hands bc he had another QB to give a chance to see what he could do, but he wanted to prove I believe that Cooper was the best choice, and when he saw that it wasn't working, he done nothing to change it. Like Dabo said in his presser, it was his choice and he would stand by that choice. Well he is right about that, it was his choice that we didn't throw everything that we had at Cuse to try and turn the game back in favor to our guys, and personally, I think that was a bad choice by not at least giving Hunter the chance to prove he was ready if called on, and that is what Dabo tells all players, and that is to be prepare when that chance comes to them, and Hunter was denied his chance. That is the way I see it bc Dabo said himself that was the way it was, that he didn't give Hunter a chance.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 1:57 PM

No TD from me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Venables: "This won't be the last loss we have" if corrections aren't made ]

I TU'd your post because it was a thoughtful one. I can understand the point of view that perhaps HJ should have been given a shot. On the other hand, I don't think it unreasonable to speculate that perhaps Dabo felt more time was needed to properly evaluate ZC in a situation when the game was on the line. Perhaps Cooper needed more time to warm up and build his confidence.

Also considering that HJ would likely have only gotten a few reps in practice, would it have been fair to HJ to put him in under those circumstances if he had not been given a sufficient number of reps in practice? How do we really know that sticking with Cooper wasn't the right choice? With the limited information we have as fans, I think we can only speculate.

While I know Dabo is not perfect, I trust his judgement, and I know he would not have made the decision unless he strongly believed that it was the best decision. For that reason, I stand by his decision. On the other hand, I understand why some people disagree, and don't blame them for feeling that way.

Go Tigers!

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

That sir is way too much good sense for a lot of the folks

Oct 17, 2017, 3:29 AM

here.

One of the worst Offensive game plans that I have seen from

Oct 14, 2017, 1:08 PM

The coaches in years.....I really thought that we were past that kind of trashy play calling. Plus, you keep your QB in while everyone in the world knows that he's hurt and immobile....I don't understand that at all from Dabo. Finally, give Cooper 2 series to try and move the ball down the field...if he can't get it done then you move on to Johnson, period! I love our coaches more than any other group in the country but they really did not scheme well or execute any kind of plan for this game....if I am Dabo, then I am embarrassed by that performance as I step on the field today in Tuscaloosa.

Re: One of the worst Offensive game plans that I have seen from

Oct 14, 2017, 4:38 PM

Not having a sustainable game plan as you said, I believe was a hard kick in the nuts!!! I'm still sick to my stomach more so today than I was last night. Last night I was more mad than anything else, but plum sick from giving that game away, and I hope that Cuse don't lose anymore games this season bc, that would replay this sickness over again in my gut!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defense practices oughta be fun this week***

Oct 14, 2017, 1:13 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 14, 2017, 2:27 PM

Plenty of blame to go around. Offense,defense and special teams(kicking)did not look sharp and did not execute. Another QB should have started.

Ya think!?***

Oct 14, 2017, 2:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Oct 14, 2017, 2:49 PM

No field goal kicker. Secondary looked bad. An injured QB who has carried the ball way more than Hurts, Barrett, or McSorley. But at least they are over the stress of pursuing an undefeated season.

Oct 14, 2017, 3:38 PM

Well it doesn't help when the coaches don't get the play in when you know the other team runs the hurry up. Also is a problem when they don't make guys play more in games so they can get conditioned for playing so many snaps. Also how many more plays is it gonna take before BV realizes Tanner is a liability.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BV says the same thing on T-Net and he is a 0% rated coot

Oct 14, 2017, 5:55 PM

True that. And I love BV!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 15, 2017, 8:26 PM

The coaches knows what they need to do. It appeared the Tigers had very little emotion when they played Friday night and they look so great when they play with emotion. I know they needed the week off but I felt they would be more ready to bring it Friday Night. I will leave it to the coaches to do the correcting and hope the team takes it the right way. I think they will be willing to bring it from now on. They need to play with emotion. The fans needs to show these guys that they are behind them. Tigers we need to roar. ROAR Tigers and ROAR Tiger fans. Hope we show all our competitors we are Tigers and they will see Death Valley Rocking against GT. Go Tigers!!!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic