Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date

Jun 26, 2015, 7:01 AM

Tre Lamar moves up decision date

Tre Lamar originally wanted to wait until after his senior season to make an announcement about his college choice, but Lamar told TigerNet this week that he now realizes he has seen everything he needs to see and will hopefully have an announcement before the end of the summer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date

Jun 26, 2015, 7:03 AM

Hmm...an 'All-In Cookout' is before the end of the summer...right? :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i wonder if he could play OT?***

Jun 26, 2015, 7:12 AM

won't need him to!***

Jun 26, 2015, 11:58 AM

Outside of OL

Jun 27, 2015, 8:38 AM [ in reply to i wonder if he could play OT?*** ]

LB might be the 2nd biggest need for 2016....
So yeah, we need him.

Definitely a top 5 priority.

Re: Outside of OL

Jun 27, 2015, 8:42 AM

I think hesa Clemson Tiger . Mama likes the staff and the school a lot . If Mama likes , we looking pretty good to get .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jun 26, 2015, 7:15 AM

I hope we can get this kid, God knows we really need some good news. Seems like our ACC rivals FSU signs two 5 stars a day! We really need somebody. Maybe all of the joking about the coots poor recruiting is coming back to haunt us?

Jun 26, 2015, 7:38 AM

Our recruiting is doing fine. I don't understand why some folks seem to think our recruiting sucks simply because a couple of targets have chosen to go elsewhere. We offer 40-50 athletes each recruiting cycle knowing that we can only sign 25 (ok maybe 28-30 depending on greyshirts and schollies not given the year before). Therefore we aren't, nor should we, expect to get everyone we offer.

Jun 26, 2015, 7:57 AM

Actually you have just over 120 offers out to kids this cycle.

The panic is exacerbated by the constant need for headlines.

Jun 26, 2015, 8:37 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date ]

The collective impatience it out of hand. We will probably add 2-3 elite commitments before fall camp. Dabo and Co have not forgotten how to recruit.

Jun 26, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date ]

True and look at some schools that get mostly 2 and 3 star commits like GT and they made it to the Orange Bowl last year and won respectively. It's not only the caliber of recruits, it's the coaches too and with Brent at the helm for our defense, I feel pretty good! Can't wait to see what Elliot and Scott will do on offense. :)

Jun 26, 2015, 8:48 AM

The Sooners know what Elliott and Scott do with the offense! :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, score points.***

Jun 26, 2015, 8:56 AM

I think people are freaking out because

Jun 27, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date ]

Last year itb seemed like we got a commit every couple of weeks. I do find it odd that no one committed at summer camp, we usually says have a couple kids commit then but no one did this year unless it was a silent commit. I think our stuff is putting nore focus on the 2016-17 class

Jun 26, 2015, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date ]

I wouldn't trade places with fsu for all the tea in China. We have class and it's high class, and even then we sometimes (though very rarely) get a kid who fails to meet our character expectations. Them, not so much. They have a team full of great athletes, but that is about where it stops, and their coach is an enabling little weasel.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 26, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Tre Lamar moves up decision date ]

Chit like that bothers me also bc, I believe in Karma, and Karma will reach pretty far out there and sting you when it sees that you're just being an A$ over someones bad luck. Don't get me wrong or take it the wrong way bc, I love screwing with the coot, but not about things we can not control. That is if they're not already screwing with us with what ever. I will get pretty nasty with them in defense with what ever they're directing at us, our fans and our team??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like a dual between Clem and Aub***

Jun 26, 2015, 7:42 AM

This is a great kid with a great family who happens...

Jun 26, 2015, 11:30 AM

to be a h@ll of a football player. I have known him since he was 7. He was a man among boys then and my son played against him in the GA 6A playoffs last year. He is everything we could want in a recruit. He will work hard, stay clean, and can handle the academic work. I rarely pray about football, but I pray we get this young man

I like our chances.***

Jun 26, 2015, 11:34 AM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Not that I'm Tiger Tiger Woods y'all, but

Jun 26, 2015, 3:14 PM

it's usually a good sign when a prospect says it, "feels like a home away from home" and/or "once I make a decision, I won't visit any other schools". Does anyone know what Malzahn's policies are about verbal commits visiting other schools? He may not have a policy about VC's taking visits elsewhere. If his policy is different from Dabo's, I feel good about this young man coming to play for CU. I don't think he'd have mentioned not taking visits after his commitment if he doesn't have us at #1 right now. Does feel like it's between Auburn and Clemson for sure.

Message was edited by: TigerGrant8®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic