Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Defense Rests: Venables says group needs a break
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: The Defense Rests: Venables says group needs a break

Dec 7, 2015, 7:01 AM

The Defense Rests: Venables says group needs a break

Clemson defensive coordinator Brent Venables was frustrated, for sure, with his unit’s mistakes in Saturday’s ACC championship game. But he also savored the 45-37 win and everything that goes along with it. That includes the chance to rest before the team’s national semifinal game in the Orange Bowl against Oklahoma on Dec. 31. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i think overall they were awesome

Dec 7, 2015, 8:08 AM

Its the stupid penalties that hurt the game more than anything. The personal fouls, the crappy targeting call. Overall the defense did some wonderful things. UNC wss going to score it was a matter of our offense scoring more & the defense winning the turnover battle for us & they did.

Why is Ryan Carter put in for Tankersly?

Dec 7, 2015, 8:33 PM

He totally missed his assignment in the fourth quarter.

Because the coaches know what they are doing. 13-0!***

Dec 7, 2015, 11:14 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good hearing this from CBV!

Dec 7, 2015, 9:21 AM

He's dialed in to what they can do, are doing, and need to be doing!

Okay, and since 'misery loves company' - good to hear he is just as frustrated as all of us Tnetters on the play of this defense at times. Well, not only is he the guy who knows what he is doing, and has the tools to make it right, he is also THE MAN for our Tigers!

Thanks Coach! We'll see (and be there with you) again in Miami!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: New Story: Watch Kearse in the 4th

Dec 7, 2015, 9:35 AM

Don't know if he was gassed or what the problem was but his play in the fourth quarter dropped off considerably. At times he was not even facing the LOS at the snap. We all saw his missed tackle but it was more that that. Is he hurt? We will need him playing at his best in Miami!

Love the whole team Warts and All

Dec 7, 2015, 9:37 AM

It is hard to understand the toll a full season takes on the body of a Defensive player. Especially one who plays almost an entire game, with very little rest, for 13 games. I worried we would be too banged up and/or too worn down defensively for this game, and that the UNCheat offense would be able to move the ball on us at will. Our offense deserves some credit for helping the Defense out, and we also were able to "Rattle" Marquise Williams and keep him from performing at his best (11 for 33 completions, I think). The GUTS this defense has is unsurpassed in my eyes. A great gutsy performance by our D. Get some rest, and play like a champion the rest of the way out....and we love ya, Warts and All....

Re: New Story: The Defense Rests: Venables says group needs a break

Dec 7, 2015, 9:45 AM

Man, what a run! 13-0 and finally will get some time off to rest and heal. Coach Venables will have time to work on the Defense and I am sure he will have them ready for the playoff run. The whole team has done a remarkable job down the stretch going 10-0 with no down time. Get thru exams , and back to work. GO TIGERS!!!

The Defense Rests

Dec 7, 2015, 10:58 AM

Every time we get a lead. They need to get to the point where they're more concerned with shutting teams down and not just making sure we win. Not complaining, just an observation by someone that played and coached defense. When the team gets a lead they relax a little and loose focus. Not all. Many play their guts out all game. But when a couple guys loose focus you loose the strength of the unit. They have two more games. Those games will need a complete focus game from everyone. National media is given the tigers no respect. We have the #1 seed but they want Alabama and Oklahoma in the championship. The tigers must prove them wrong! Time to show the nation why Clemson is #1!
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Defense Rests

Dec 7, 2015, 11:58 AM

Well, we will have to show up and play our best game of the season and beat what they are claiming a better Okla team than we beat last year. I feel that we don't have as good of D as we had last year, but no doubt we have a much better and more balanced Offense than we had last year with a healthy DW4.

Here is what the mighty sooner's have done. Over time to beat Tennessee 31-24)(Tulsa Golden Hurricane scored 38 on them) Beat a 5 loss West Virgina 44-24 (Texas Longhorns beat them)(They murdered Kansas State with a shut out)( They killed a 5 loss Texas tech 62-27)(Killed a Kansas Jayhawks 62-7, Stoops will run up a score)( Beat Baylor by 10, and TCU by 1.( beat their rival Okla St. 58-23.

We have beat 3 top 10 teams in ND, FSU, and UNC.

they have beat top 11, top 16, and top 18, in TCU, Baylor, and Okla St.

I guess we should be scared to death to enter the orange bowl with some sooner's in there waiting on us!!! One thing is for sure, they have the easy part of beating us down, the talking. But after they talk the talk, they will have to walk the walk. And that there is when the hard part comes into the game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Defense Rests

Dec 7, 2015, 1:51 PM

I agree on all accounts. Oklahoma is talking revenge , and saying Clemson should be scared. But I know they're not scared. Everyone is predicting that we will lose this game. Let them talk, let the tigers hear them talk. Oklahoma has not seen a D like ours , no more then UNC, FSU or ND had. So talk , talk , talk Oklahoma! My tigers will do the talking on the field . remember that was our back-up you faced last year.
GO TIGERS!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They Deserve The Rest...Need The Rest ----

Dec 7, 2015, 11:23 AM

But keep that intensity ......hit the weights hard as well....big hits on some big boys are in high order in these playoffs.

Trust me.......

If holding calls were actually called, then it would have

Dec 7, 2015, 12:15 PM

been a blow out. No holding calls kept them in the game.

Re: If holding calls were actually called, then it would have

Dec 7, 2015, 10:54 PM

I watched the game again today, and I absolutely agree with your assessment. The refs surely gave UNCheat a big opportunity to win the game by turning their backs on no calls against UNC, and looking for phantom calls on us that wasn't even there. The biggest bad call was the Green targeting call. Green was coming in hard and fast, and before he got there the punt returner should have called for a fair catch that he didn't do. He chose to squat down and take the hit, and that is what caused the head to head contact that was actually slight contact. The punt returner jumps up and runs off laughing. The worst call of the game that will also cause us to lose Green for the first half of the Oklahoma game!!! It is a crying shame that grown men wearing strips will intentionally attempt to spoil or steal a kids season by knowingly make bad calls that changes the out come of a game. Men like that should be shot with Sh!t and hung by the neck until dead for stinking!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Green Does Not Sit For OU

Dec 8, 2015, 11:05 PM

Happened in the first half. He can start the next game. If it had happened in the second half he would have to sit the first half of the next game. The rule mirrors the throwing a punch/fighting rule.

Offensive playing calling not to lose as well

Dec 10, 2015, 3:32 AM

Keep the throttle down. Since when is it bad to blow teams out? We could have blown many teams out this year and seemed like we chose not to.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic