Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach

Feb 7, 2018, 4:34 PM

Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach

Signing the nation’s best players without a lot of drama is just what Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney wanted. The Tigers picked up two commitments Wednesday, from 5-star wide receiver Justyn Ross and 4-star defensive back Mario Goodrich – bringing the total to 17 commitments for the 2018 recruiting class.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach

Feb 7, 2018, 4:37 PM

I just wish he had gotten one more OL and a safety after not taking a safety last class either. McMichael and Goodrich can cross train some I'm sure, just wish we had a little more depth on the back end.

Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach

Feb 7, 2018, 7:33 PM

Read Dabo's comments again. It's the formula for success. Not magic, but definitely successful.
Who cares what others do?
Keep it up Tigers.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 7:43 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach ]

You do know we have 5 or so that redshirted last year at OL right??? Calm down. Kyler will probably be more of a safety that can play CB. We are fine.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Swinney says Tigers signed "most complete class" since he's been head coach ]

Another OL would have been great, but we have the nucleus for a championship team with the line we will be fielding. Getting Hyatt back was huge, and the guys we have coming back who "Red Shirted" will be huge, too. My hope is the guys waiting in the wings who have been on the cusp will slide right in and produce once they get their opportunity. That is the the way the great programs do it. Many, if not most of them, have been right there practicing, or playing as reserves and waiting to get their chance to step up and shine. That day is coming, and it will be fun to watch it unfold.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 4:48 PM

:)

I don't read other college football forums or sites...

Feb 7, 2018, 5:09 PM

...therefore, I don't have any reference to how Saban, Malzahn, Smart, or the other HCs talk about their programs, processes, methods, core values, etc.

But, for those of you that may have spent time on these other sites or boards, how do these other coaches talk about their programs in the same vane and manner that Swinney does? I mean really, seriously, do they talk about recruiting people first and players second?

If they don't really talk like Swinney, and Swinney clearly believes in what he is selling, and people can see right through a disingenuous person, then I can see why a high caliber player and their family would be blown away by what and how Swinney presents Clemson University's football program to them.

This guy is just a treasure of a head coach...a treasure, I tell you.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: I don't read other college football forums or sites...

Feb 7, 2018, 7:53 PM

Smart is just hoping the zealous fans he has will contain their propensity to "bend" the rules (at ugay, they don't bend. They break!) Time will tell how it all works out, but regardless of how they do, we will be a factor for quite some time, and our coaches, players and program will shine in a very proud way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 6:16 PM

Great Team, Great Coaches, Great recruiting classes...what else can we ask for?
We don't have to ask...more natties on the way.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2018, 7:17 PM

We TOO DEEP!! Woohooo!!

Feb 7, 2018, 7:54 PM

Totally agree!!!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic