Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter

Jan 27, 2017, 8:19 AM

Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter

The paw has never been bigger or brighter, and it’s showing in recruiting. Four-star running back Travis Etienne committed to Clemson Thursday evening, likely closing the book on the Tigers’ 2017 recruiting class. Etienne picked the Tigers over LSU, Tennessee, Texas A&M and Oregon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter

Jan 27, 2017, 8:21 AM

OK I love the shirt Dabo wears there. Anyone know where you can get those?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not sure, but they sell a lot of them

Jan 27, 2017, 8:26 AM

must have seen 25 people wearing that shirt at the hotel in Tampa.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter

Jan 27, 2017, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter ]

I like the ...and justice for all t-shirt the kid is wearing. Make Metallica great again!

wow, a Metallica shirt!!!

I'm liking this kid more and more!!!

And using words like "lovely". Sounds like another unique Tiger.***

Jan 27, 2017, 8:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And using words like "lovely". Sounds like another unique Tiger.***

Jan 27, 2017, 9:16 AM

Exactly, guy seems smart and talented

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: wow, a Metallica shirt!!!

Jan 27, 2017, 9:29 AM [ in reply to wow, a Metallica shirt!!! ]

Somebody get that kid a Megadeth shirt.

Why? He evidently doesn't suck.***

Jan 27, 2017, 9:31 AM

Next time, vote Jabba like you're supposed to.

I think it is some sort of movement. I've seen a lot of thes

Jan 27, 2017, 5:26 PM [ in reply to wow, a Metallica shirt!!! ]

shirts lately being worn by people who generally don't fit the profile of Metallica fans. Don't ask me to explain it, I've just seen several, so there's something to it.

IMO, what you are describing began with

Jan 28, 2017, 12:43 AM

DJ Paul of Three Six Mafia a long time ago, like "back in the day" long time ago.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he fits the profile. Has good taste - picked CU didn't he?

Jan 28, 2017, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I think it is some sort of movement. I've seen a lot of thes ]

Nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

I love the Metallica t-shirt.

Jan 27, 2017, 8:52 AM

He made the right choice and picked the real death valley. Though I wouldn't have been upset at his second choice either.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 27, 2017, 9:20 AM

What I love about this (other than the obvious) is our staff's mindset of "All In." If you decommit simply because you are unsure and want to leave your options open, but still are considering attending Clemson, I love the fact our coaches say "Sorry, we can't leave a spot open for you" and "we cannot guarantee you a spot."

Sorry Richardson, you had your chance for the National Champs to hold your spot in line. GO TIGERS!

Jan 27, 2017, 9:30 AM

In fairness to Richardson I think his coach and principle messed him up w grade tampering. I dont think the kid is at fault. I think we were not going to swim in those water. decommitting was letting him save face

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^Correct

Jan 27, 2017, 12:01 PM

There was no decommitment. It was a case of inelegibility plain and simple. The decommitment is just a way to keep some of the negative fallout from tarnishing his resume any further.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: ^^^Correct

Jan 27, 2017, 1:16 PM

High School educators should and must be held accountable, or these types of problems will continue and only get worse. It's the student athlete that is getting the crappy end of the stick bc, when they leave HS, they aren't any smarter than they were when the entered HS. All colleges that recruit these HS's should have pay a reasonable fee of $100. bucks per year to the HS's they recruit from, and pay the HS $500. bucks if a University actually signs an athlete from that HS. All money that the HS gets from being recruited for athletes, is to be used only for paying Tudors that could help these HS athletes to make it through HS with decent grades. I know that someone would have to oversee the program to make sure that some of these HS didn't use the fee's for other things that wasn't for helping the HS athlete. But something like this would be like a miracle for the parents of a HS athlete, and a savior for the HS athletes future!!! Just an idea that I believe would make smarter, and better equipped intelligently for learning the play books that most of the time slows a gifted athletes progress in college sports.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought

Jan 27, 2017, 3:53 PM

the Tudors died out with King Henry VIII or maybe it was QE I?

In any rate, I doubt you could get a Royal to come over and work with an American athlete for the money you're talking.

I'm sure there were other points in there but I gave up on that big dense block of text after that.
Do we need to gofundme you a keyboard with an Enter button?

his high school had free money for tutors...

Jan 28, 2017, 12:38 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Correct ]

the school receives Title I federal funding. Any school that receives this funding is provided with private tutors for any subject, free of charge. Parents have to ask for it and the school is required to let the parents know it is available. Parents can choose the tutor from a list provided by the school. But I would imagine the tutoring would have been after school and did not fit his afternoon schedule..like football practice. Shame on his parents, school and coaches for letting it get as far as it did. He may not even be eligible for graduation this year. IMO, the student and parents knew what was going on. He knew he was not passing.

Re: ^^^Correct

Jan 30, 2017, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: ^^^Correct ]

I disagree, my daughter was an athlete in High School, but we had to pay for our own tutor for her to remain academically eligible because she struggled in her Algebra classes.

I don't feel it's fair for a football player to receive special treatment just because he's going to get a chance at a free education.

I know it's my opinion, and she wasn't a football star, but she was co-captain of the varsity cheer squad. And they get almost no recognition of financial assistance.

Jan 27, 2017, 12:14 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter ]

It is absolutely shameful if true about the grade tampering when all they had to do was get somebody to help the kid get his grades up the very moment they knew that his grades wasn't going to make it. They knew that with his athletic ability, he would be offered a full scholarship to college through sports. That brings back the UNCheat scandal of fake classes, and again to keep slow learning athletes academically eligible. If I were his parents, I would sue the living crap out of the school, and who ever approved the grade tampering in their personal capacity!!! Apparently these cases aren't being prosecuted, or the penalties in these cases has no backbone bc, these educators aren't afraid of the grade tampering penalties if they do get caught, and it's the minor kids that are suffering the most bc of the educators dirty dealings. Personally, I see it as child neglect through the negligence of the educators!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't believe he was the only one on the team or school

Jan 27, 2017, 1:14 PM

really. Quite a bit of it was going around.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 28, 2017, 12:53 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter ]

his school receives money for private tutoring. Schools are required to let the parents know it is available and the parent makes the decision. His school receives Title 1 federal funding which provides free tutoring for all students. The parent has to sign off on getting the tutor and can pick the tutor from a list provided by the school district

Jan 27, 2017, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Recruiting proves the paw has never been bigger or shined brighter ]

Probably kicking himself now. This sets the tone of "Love to have ya but don't need ya"

Jan 27, 2017, 10:19 AM

Would Etienne lose much of that blazing speed if he was to put on another 10 to 15 pounds over the coarse of a 1 year period. I ask this bc of the way he fights through and gets away from being tackle by HS kids that I don't think he would do against college kids at 210 lbs. Now at 220-225 he would be a load to stop and bring down, but I also love his speed bc he doesn't have to worry about being tackled once he gets to the second level in HS. College will be a different story ( Oh how I wish and dream about a Gurley type RB on our Clemson Offense ) bc college LB's, Corners, and safeties are bigger and have been taught to better use angles in college than in HS....

Jan 27, 2017, 11:08 AM

Stay Connected
/ Friday, January 27, 2017 Search in site...

Pay Button BAR
NEWS
SPORTS
CLASSIFIEDS
COMMUNITY
OBITUARIES
EDITORIAL
E-EDITION
ABOUT US
Heres an article from his "home town paper". Hope this is an appropriate form-- looks like a GREAT TIGER
Etienne does it all with class
This afternoon, one of the most electrifying football players ever to wear the maroon and white will announce his decision on where he will play college football. Travis Etienne Jr. has not only wowed football and basketball fans around this community with his athletic ability; he’s done it with humility and grace very rarely seen anymore.
Etienne is a young man who never leaves a kid without a picture or an autograph after pouring his heart out on the football field. Most high-profile athletes may have just walked away and ignored the hundreds of people wanting the chance to get that handshake or picture, but Etienne isalways the last one to leave the stadium, and makes sure everyone got what they had hoped for.
It’s been a long time since this town has seen the big stage in college recruiting, with college coaches showing up in droves to try and woo Etienne in their direction. Most people imagine this type of attention would be amazing. But the fact of it is, it can get downright annoying. Etienne has had to endure non-stop phone calls from coaches all over the country and every media outlet that want to have them in their coverage or on their team. Yet, he continues to carry that trademark smile and tries to be a normal student at Jennings High School.
No matter what school Etienne elects to attend, remember what he has been able to do for the community of Jennings and the children who so admirably look up to him. He has been a role model both on and off the field, shown a person can succeed in the classroom and still be a high-profile athlete, and he unites a community with an electric smile and a remarkable talent for the game of football.
Short URL: http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=41356

Posted by Graphic Designer 2 on Jan 26 2017. Filed under Editorials. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response or trackback to this entry

RECENT ENTRIES
The science of advertising
Etienne does it all with class
Main Street LSP traffic stop leads to arrest
Zigler Art Museum to host free Valentine’s craft activity
Rock around the clock: Parish supporters to take a chair for Relay for Life fundraiser
Baiting program to help curb crop losses
Jury to purchase tractor/mower for Div. 3
Iota Lady Dogs hammer Jennings 60-26
Jennings survives late over Iota 75-70
Getting old beats the alternative
SEARCH ARCHIVE
Search by Date

or
Search by Category

or
Search Site
Search in site...

Nice story--sounds like a perfect fit for Clemson***

Jan 27, 2017, 12:17 PM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

There's someone coming up behind Feaster and it appears

Jan 27, 2017, 1:18 PM

he likes contact.

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Jan 27, 2017, 2:11 PM

Since he likes Metallica maybe they can they play Enter Sandman when he goes on the game.

https://youtu.be/CD-E-LDc384

Jan 27, 2017, 2:57 PM

It's what they played at Yankee Stadium when Mariano Riviera came in to pitch. If Travis is half as good at football as Rivera was at baseball, the Tigers will really have a great running back. :)

Jan 28, 2017, 12:46 AM

This guy is going to be awesome, He runs upright- through defenders. Oh, and he's really fast. Can't wait to se Him play. Put's the mind at ease with Him, Feaster, Fuller, Choice all their to compete and fill the big shows of The Wayne Train. This guy's film shows him more as a power back, that's what Clemson needed, a slasher and a powerful - run between the tackles RB. Good news for sure.

Jan 28, 2017, 6:37 AM

I'm very happy the Tigers got this young man's commitment but I would still like to know what happened with Richardson. Paw power didn't keep him from decommiting.

Jan 28, 2017, 6:59 AM

If you read posts above or Google it you would know that his coach was involved in changing grades for athletes, big school scandal they've had to forfeit wins and more. This has been known since before his decommitment. He can't qualify.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic