Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: No Excuses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 46
| visibility 1

New Story: No Excuses

Oct 26, 2014, 1:53 AM

No Excuses

Clemson's offense has been decimated by injuries, and the performance during Saturday's win over Syracuse didn't exactly sparkle as the Tigers have scored just three offensive touchdowns in the last three games. What does Chad Morris say about the injuries and the offense? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: No Excuses

Oct 26, 2014, 3:18 AM

This team has nothing to hang its head about. They're playing hard and they're winning. That's enough for me.

Oct 26, 2014, 5:39 AM

Right, all we hear are excuses from morris and dabo, Cole's hard running saved the day, right.
When Deshaun Watson was the Quarter-Back, you routinely took him out of the game when the offensive line and DW were in a groove moving the chains down field in critical situations and inserted Cole. Why? Next, you would put Deshaun Watson back at helm and usually 6 points + 1 point field goal would usually be the outcome. Since Deshaun Watson's been hurt and Cole has been the qb, you guys never substituted any of your other scholar-shiped Quarter-Back players when cole was performing miserably in the games where he's been the starting quarterback...???. It's demoralizing to your strained offensive line and fan base, we are not stupid sirs.
Why not give your other backup QB's a chance to play in real game? You gave cole chances to play and he disrupted working flow of game when Deshaun Watson, your starting QB was doing an OUTSTANDING JOB leading the TEAM and scoring Points, distributing the ball to many different receivers etc. when he was playing. Can your other backup QB's be any worst or maybe (better) than cole? We truly appreciate the herculean effort the Defense has done. Thank you, Defense and Defensive Coaches.

Oct 26, 2014, 6:34 AM

?Does not get the team concept . Casts blame instead of supporting the on field effort.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: QB play - New Story: No Excuses

Oct 26, 2014, 7:48 AM

Nonetheless, anyone who watched the game was wondering why Nick Schuessler wasn't at least given a chance to prove himself. Stoudt was not the solution for 2.5 quarters. He has trouble identifying open receivers, frequently throws to well covered receivers instead, and doesn't seem to read the defenses well before the play starts. Always change a losing game plan. The coaches kept CJ Davidson out of the game after he fumbled despite the fact that he was picking up yards. Why not try another QB after he throws interceptions AND fumbles the ball when he should never have been running with ZERO timeouts at the end of the first half? That was not smart play.

Oct 26, 2014, 7:59 AM

I was saying this all last night! Chad Morris doesn't like to take the blame for anything. I will give Dabo a break though because he has been more humble than Morris at times and accepted blame for bad calls. Morris just needs a good slap in the face so he can come to and realize that when something ain't working...try something else.

Oct 26, 2014, 8:48 AM

You guys appear to be Alabama fans.... Cry cry, we only won by 1. Bless your hearts, get a real life...blogging ain't for you...Go Tigers,,Just
Win Baby,,,

Oct 26, 2014, 9:03 AM

Amen

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 11:49 PM [ in reply to Re: QB play - New Story: No Excuses ]

Amen, Go Tigets!!

Oct 26, 2014, 1:37 PM [ in reply to Re: QB play - New Story: No Excuses ]

ever stop to think there might be a reason why the other 2 QBs were 3rd & 4th string? oh wait I said think......

Oct 26, 2014, 8:22 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

Wow. Quite frankly, when the coaches were making those substitutions (Cole in for Watson) they were at odd times. In the first half against a pesky Tarheel team. I believe it sent a signal to the defense, "we got this one", so they started slacking. Worst defensive showing of the year. However, I am not sure our current back-up QB would have been the answer last night. The under center play where CJ fumbled was a beautifully designed play. I think it was TD that just didn't happen. I'm not sure putting CJ in the penalty box was correct either. As others have noted, those ridiculous picks didn't put Cole in the penalty box.

Johnboy, while most of your post is right on, the coach can't publicly blast the last man standing. That is the style of one SOS over at dirtpecker U. What I did see, that I have not seen to date, was several players encouraging Cole. That was big, and possibly an ah ha moment.

TD, you earned it. Fill in your profile, please.

Oct 26, 2014, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

Amen Johnboy. You are right on, the pumpers will never understand.

We got who we got***

Oct 26, 2014, 8:12 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Is that you Reggie?!?***

Oct 26, 2014, 9:10 AM

Oct 26, 2014, 9:24 AM

The game is too fast for Cole. He doesn't keep his eyes down the field. Most of his throws are predetermined. With a guy like him at the helm, any defense can just play the run and make him pass the ball. This is the main reason the OL and running game look pathetic.

This defense is awesome. The best in the nation. The yards allowed per game is awesome and what's more, it happens against teams that actually have a QB that can play. We don't. All we do is punt the ball immediately right back to the other team and force our defense to go back out there.

Our TOP consists of three and out. That's not effective game clock management. Cole played worse than any third string QB in the nation. Dabo stubbornly refuses to bench him because it makes him look stupid for naming him the starter over Watson and Kelly.

Yes, game is way to fast for Cole

Oct 26, 2014, 12:26 PM

All the things you mentioned were dead on and I only wanted to add that it seems that our receivers are begging the ball to get to them. I hate to bust on Cole because he is trying so hard and giving up his body to help us win but the guy cannot find the open receiver, throws a lazy ball that any defender can catch up to, and cannot throw with any accuracy beyond 10 yards. He should have had 3 or 4 more picks in this game. Sad that this team has no other options at QB as the wildcat didn't work out so well for Choice with the only one disastrous attempt.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 9:45 AM

Lets keep it real. Cole needs to be racwdully hang it up. Quit feeling sorry for him. This is football. Hes had 5 years to work things out. Its curtain call hell ill send my 12 yr old son in bf him. Were playing to win. Lewve the emotinal #### behind. No one owew himnanything. He got an education for f ree. Save our season by not playing anymore. You are nervous. Scared. Cant throw anything but a screen cant run. Pleade taje a gracful bowl. Curtain call. Your play is not accetable. Ill pay my iptay dollars for a kid with heart. Not a kid playing for notority. Follow your heart and get a degree. Football is not in your future. You really suck. Sorry vut it is what it is. Youve had 5 years and its been a waste of time. Good luck

Oct 26, 2014, 9:57 AM

Can someone please remove this post asap?
Thanks

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

An IPTAY donor would know Cole's only been here 4 years ?

Oct 26, 2014, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

NOT 5/ They're [playing with what they have and still winning, staring the next couple of weeks week get Watson back for the final run. I guess it upsets some that the team still finds a way of winning with all the injuries ? Don't worry Coot Boy Our number QB. RB, WR and Center will be ready for U.

Oct 26, 2014, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

From reading your post, it seems that your proposed solution is for Cole Stoudt to quit the team, telling everyone at the press conference that he sucks and would like to "take a graceful bow." Then we play Nick Schuessler, David Olsen and Austin McCaskill for a few drives each until we see that they also aren't as good as Deshaun Watson. Once we get them all to quit, we'll run Wildcat until Watson comes back and then you'll be satisfied.

I'm going to be as nice as possible because I don't know you, but based on your completely irrational post I can tell you've never played a down of football in your life. You have no idea what it means to completely commit to something and devote all of your time and effort to a team. Cole Stoudt may not be as good as we all want him to be, but the fact is that right now he is the starting Clemson quarterback. He is competitive. He is a team player. He has been grinding with those guys for years and don't be fooled.... he is NOT doing it for YOU. Cole would never dream of quitting because he would be abandoning his teammates and brothers.

Cole Stoudt is certainly not playing nearly as well as everyone wishes we was, but the fact is that he has the world against him right now. Watson is hurt and everyone wants him back. Cole knows that almost no one is cheering him on anymore, but he doesn't have a choice but to play. He knows that for the moment, him at quarterback gives us the best chance to win. If you don't see that, I can't help you.

When you go and make comments like that ^ you are proving that you're a sunshine patriot. You want us to beat every team by 30 like we have the last few years and when Cole Stoudt doesn't play like Tajh or Deshaun you want to run him out of the stadium. Like it or not, Cole is our best option at QB. Until Deshaun gets healthy Cole gives us the best chance to win. You can recognize that fact and be a true Tiger fan and cheer on our team and encourage them... or YOU can take a "graceful bow" and not show up at the next home games.

Because unlike you, Cole Stoudt is working his A$$ off for this team to be successful.

Oct 26, 2014, 11:52 AM

Null points ? Null null? Who are u all seeing eye ?

Oct 26, 2014, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

AMEN!!!

Great post!! Tiger_12

Well Said tiger_12

Oct 26, 2014, 11:56 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

I just printed your post and taped it to my toolbox here at work to remind us all that encouragement is a far better motivator than discouragement and boos :)

Oct 27, 2014, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

You r a moron! Go pull for the coots!

Oct 26, 2014, 9:54 AM

1st and goal at the 2 and still in shotgun with Cole. Chad said earlier in the season the reason why it occurred was DW had no experience taking snaps under center. Saw numerous occasions last night with Cole under center. That was a much needed TD that ended up a FG. What is Morris thinking about? Continued poor play calling by CM seems to be the norm and looks like will continue. Thank goodness the DEFENSE is getting the job done keeping the opposition in check. Just hope the D will hold up the rest of the season. Why was Battle on sideline the entire game?

Did you miss the play under center from the 2

Oct 26, 2014, 9:59 AM

and 4 yards was lost ????????????????????

Re: Did you miss the play under center from the 2

Oct 26, 2014, 12:45 PM

From the two you need to put the beef in there and sneak it or hand it off to the guy running east and west (in our stadium) AND the line has to block....every one of them and not just one or two! The play you just described as I recall had about 6 tacklers and absolutely no blockers at the point of the tackle, but the OL was standing and watching the outcome from their original positions! What's up with this OL? Why so porous on running plays in particular and on some passing downs. They can't seem to find the right person to block or are stuck in neutral as the defender runs past them. We need more focus on the OL technique, effort, awareness. The OL to me seems to have one guy on most every play missing his assignment...and it's not always the same guy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you miss the play under center from the 2

Oct 26, 2014, 1:42 PM

by the way beef was there 89 at h-back and 48 (DJ Reader) at fullback. Reader took his man into the endzone. 89 got his block, but there were 4 others untouched.

Oct 26, 2014, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

But from under center the QB turns and runs backwards 4 yards to hand off!!! Would have been quicker from shotgun. The only thing in the Morris' offense that has worked has been the quick tempo. And it worked last night. Other than that Nuke and Sammy was his go to offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 10:26 AM

Coach Morris. Ever get a clue it is only one player and thats your sorry excuse for a qb named Cole Stoudt.

Ive never seen such a terrible offensive scheme in my life.

If Cole is limited in what he can do... put another QB in there.

Ok, how many of you morans had to look up "desultory"?

Oct 26, 2014, 11:14 AM

Admit it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Oct 26, 2014, 1:03 PM

First of all, it hurts the Clemson offense when you lose the #1 QB due to injury AND the coaches have not replaced the likes of Sam Watson and DeAndre Hopkins.

The biggest problem with the offense is the offensive coach and offensive playcalling. The QB option and screen plays are fine and dandy, but it's predictable for opposing defenses because those are the bread and butter plays of the current offense.

If you want to see improvement in scoring, then the Offensive Coordinator has to:

1) establish the run inside and around the edges - but NOT using the QB option for that.

2) Create plays where the QB is UNDER CENTER vs. shotgun. When the offense is 3rd and short or 4th and short - where is the QB sneak with a short snap count? In addition, you can't have successful play action w/o the QB working under center and successfully disguising a run play.

3) The defense is playing fairly well. Need to teach more ballhawking skills and strip balls, punch balls out of opponents hands. The defense needs to create a short field for the offense once in a while.

4) Use movement on the LOS and help the QB identify what opponent's defense is going to do. CREATE mismatches.

Oct 26, 2014, 1:39 PM

and at what major college are you head coach?

Oct 27, 2014, 12:04 AM

He's not, and he makes a crack about offensive scoring which we haven't had a problem with the last 3 years.

We have a rebuilding year in which we are still on track to win 9 or 10 games and people feel the need to show they know the game better than the coaches.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 2:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

1) We ran the ball 48 times last night including over 40 with our halfbacks both inside and around the edges. We passed the ball a total of 35 times. We did more to establish the run last night than we have in several years.

2) We went under center in short yardage on numerous occasions last night. It was particularly unsuccessful from the goal line, but Morris did exactly what so many people have been clamoring for. A QB sneak isn't a bad play, but it would be idiotic to run when our QB is just recovering from injury, and the next QB available was 4th on the depth chart as recently as the spring.

3) If our defense is play over the last 3 games is only fairly well, then I cannot imagine what it would take for you to give them credit for playing good or great. They have been the best defense in the nation since week 2. Even counting the Georgia 4th quarter meltdown, our defense is 3rd in the nation in total defense and top 3 in tackles for a loss, sacks, 3 and outs, 3rd down conversion percentage, and first downs allowed. They forced 3 turnovers last night, which is enough to give your team a chance to win any game.

4) Our offense uses presnap motion as much or more than nearly every other team in the country. The whole philosophy of our offense is to use lots of "window dressing" to distract the opponents, which also helps to identify in an opponent is in man or zone coverage. We make an effort to create mismatches on most of our plays.

Literally every point that you made to describe what neeeds to be done for the offense to be successful is already being done. Have you even watched any recent Clemson games?

No matter who they bring in, we won't ever have another Sam

Oct 27, 2014, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

Watson.

No doubt bout it.

Oct 26, 2014, 2:11 PM

First of all the personal attacks on Cole are ignorant and has no place for a true Tiger fan! Critique his play all day but just throwing the " u suck" on the wall and his character attacks are truly disgusting and makes you a a piece of chicken s%£+ like it or not. Are we in desperate need of Deshaun's return, YES! until then Cole is OUR QB and needs our support. Critique his play and Morris's play calling anything more and is counter productive. Every fan base has them ( ie moron who defiled THE ROCK). Best just cut the cancer

Oct 26, 2014, 2:17 PM

Amen!!! Great post!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 26, 2014, 2:11 PM

First of all the personal attacks on Cole are ignorant and has no place for a true Tiger fan! Critique his play all day but just throwing the " u suck" on the wall and his character attacks are truly disgusting and makes you a a piece of chicken s%£+ like it or not. Are we in desperate need of Deshaun's return, YES! until then Cole is OUR QB and needs our support. Critique his play and Morris's play calling anything more and is counter productive. Every fan base has them ( ie moron who defiled THE ROCK). Best just cut the cancer

Oct 26, 2014, 2:18 PM

Count your blessings that we at least have Stoudt to go to, with the boy wonder hurt. I'll admit I see the huge upside to Watson's abilities but the fact is, he's hurt and we're still 3 and 0 since he went down. I would like to see Scheussler get some reps but for the time being, Stoudt is managing things just fine.

Now more shocked they started Cole over Watson vs UGA & FSU.***

Oct 26, 2014, 2:23 PM

Re: Now more shocked they started Cole over Watson vs UGA & FSU.***

Oct 26, 2014, 2:25 PM

guess you forget how well cole played in the 1st half of the georgia game.

Guess you forgot Watson's NFL-caliber TD-pass & Stoudt's INT

Oct 26, 2014, 2:44 PM

... vs. UGA.

And vs. FSU, perhaps you forgot how Stoudt rolled right and missed a short gimme TD pass to a wide-open Leggett by throwing into the dirt. And I guess you forgot how much different the offense looked with Watson. No doubt that the coaches started the best QB against UGA and FSU, but somehow Watson became the best QB while he was sitting on the sidelines for the first 3 series against FSU.

Oct 26, 2014, 10:37 PM

A few of you who are off the chart negatively couldn't have played this game beyond Jr. High. Or I hope not. It's not "pumping" or turning a blind eye to recognize the fact our O is having to play thru a lot of issues. Jumbling positions on the O line constantly is about the hardest task in football. It's a large part of the lack of continuity on that side of the ball.

Everyone's aware DW is our best chance at QB but he can't play. As frustrating as it is, Cole's the best man right now and constantly bashing him is only showing how little minded some of you are. I'm proud of how he's handled this transition and the leadership he's didplayed. I'm sure he's completely aware his talents are more limited but he's gutted it up like a real man, and he's not about to give up on his brothers.

I have my concerns about the offense and how it's being coached, but under the circumstances it's been a remarkable job from Morris on down. Let's get our health and continuity back and see how it goes. If it continues to sputter after that, then let the criticism roll. GO TIGERS!!!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2014, 12:07 AM

Great post Foothills Tiger. I totally agree with you. Go Tigers!!!!!

Oct 27, 2014, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: No Excuses ]

You are right on the money!

Replies: 46
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic