Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot"

Jun 18, 2018, 7:01 AM

Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot"

How do you make sure the nation's top-rated quarterback for 2020 has a good time on his visit? Make the visit fun, make it all about family and throw in a little magic from the oculus.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot"

Jun 18, 2018, 7:15 AM

The Oculus has smiled on us; we have its favor. Thanks be to the Oculus.

Seriously, though. After watching those vlogs and reading this, is it any doubt that Dabo and company are bringing in the right kinds of kids and building them into even better men?

Re: New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot"

Jun 18, 2018, 8:38 AM

No doubt whatsoever!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot" ]

;)

Jun 18, 2018, 12:46 PM

Thumbs up for The Oculus! ^^^

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 4:59 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Nation's No. 1 QB loves the Oculus and Death Valley, says, "I love Clemson a lot" ]

We are the oculus...Coots be a jabberwocky....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like I told the UGA fan and his daughter the last time we

Jun 18, 2018, 7:16 AM

beat them in the Valley, "There ain't nothin' bad about this place" when she said she was trying to decide whether to come to Clemson or go to UGA. She finally said she guessed she would choose the school that won that day and I said , "welcome to Clemson". (This was before the game). I hope she stuck to her word and became a Tiger.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like I told the UGA fan and his daughter the last time we

Jun 18, 2018, 8:42 AM

Me too! If she did, it was at the top of the list of the best decisions she ever made, outside of Faith.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have a coworker who's daughter will be attending

Jun 18, 2018, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Like I told the UGA fan and his daughter the last time we ]

Clemson this fall... her dad is not cootish at all but did graduate from the cesspool; he joked with me when she applied and I told him then that if they visit the campus, she's going to love it.
She got accepted and I told him then that she was going to disappoint him if he wanted her to go to USuCk, he said he really didn't care but that she needed to minimize the out of pocket money... welp, she minimized the out of pocket money and will be a Tiger in the fall... LOL

not only is there nothing bad in those hills, but there is a lot of good in those hills!

#GoTigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a coworker who's daughter will be attending

Jun 18, 2018, 7:28 PM

As they say.. “How are CLEMSON and USuCk students alike? They ALL applied to CLEMSON!! GO TIGERS!!

Jun 18, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Like I told the UGA fan and his daughter the last time we ]

A little bit of recency bias and exaggeration about UGA. They had 1 good year last year. That's it. Hardly a perennial Top 5 program. Bama and Clemson, clearly top 2 programs in the country. In the Natty playoffs last 3 years each. But UGA has a ways to go to be included with such royalty.

Jun 18, 2018, 4:50 PM [ in reply to Like I told the UGA fan and his daughter the last time we ]

A little bit of recency bias and exaggeration about UGA. They had 1 good year last year. That's it. Hardly a perennial Top 5 program. Bama and Clemson, clearly top 2 programs in the country. In the Natty playoffs last 3 years each. But UGA has a ways to go to be included with such royalty.

May God Lead You, D. J.

Jun 18, 2018, 8:01 AM

Thank you, D.J. for your encouraging words about Jesus Christ.
We would love to have you at Clemson, but we want you to go whereever God leads you.
At Clemson you will find many followers of Christ in the locker room, on campus and in the stands.
We love football, but we realize eternity is more important.
You sound like an incredible young man. I look forward to following your career and your walk with God.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2018, 8:41 AM

Back in the day, it was up to the Bengal Babes to ensure they committed. Now its oculi, slides, dancin Dabo.

Jun 18, 2018, 1:05 PM

And a program built on honesty, integrity and faith helps as well!
GO TIGERS!!!

Jun 18, 2018, 8:42 AM

The sad thing here is, once the recruiting services pick up on how much he really loves Clemson, he will no longer be the top QB in the nation. And if he commits, he may lose a star!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually the opposite happens most of the time

Jun 18, 2018, 8:50 AM

More often than not, our commits gain stars after committing.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: Actually the opposite happens most of the time

Jun 18, 2018, 9:57 AM

In fairness, it's both. Lower-starred athletes tend to get more attention after we offer them.

The upper echelons sometimes drop a bit AFTER they commit, and it seems to be so that they can have a new #1 uncommitted recruit. Just look at big Dex and Gary a few years ago. Dex was ranked higher, but they wanted the huge draw of "TUNE IN NOW TO WATCH THE BEST RECRUIT PICK A SCHOOL".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DING DING DING! We have a winner!***

Jun 18, 2018, 11:51 AM

Click here to read Gabi's Story

and as it turns out, Big Dex is having the better college

Jun 18, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Actually the opposite happens most of the time ]

career of the two as well... despite the narrative of Gary being a top 3 pick in the next draft and such...
I believe that a healthy Big Dex this year is going to go as a top 3 pick ahead of Gary which is really where the rubber meets the road...

Jun 18, 2018, 8:46 AM

:) ;)

Jun 18, 2018, 8:54 AM

I’m so glad D.J. Uiagalelei came to Clemson from Bellflower, Ca. To little ole Clemson, SC to visit and saw what’s so special in these hills on the lake. I’m glad he has a foundation that stands solid to build on an I will be pulling for him no matter where he chooses to go to college but of course I hope it’s Clemson straight from St. John Bosco.

I’m so glad he got to go to Alabama and Georgia too so he could tell Clemson was different in humility, faith and love and not just in the coaches but the players as well. I never heard of anyone being offered on the lake, that’s so awesome, everyone must have approved and loved DJ.

DJ said, “I've been to other schools, but Clemson had every single point that I am looking for in a college. Every single one. It was amazing.” That stood out to me that we have a chance despite the distance. I hope he will come back for the best game day experience!

His film looks good an I believe he can be a Deshaun type of player for us in the near future. We will have to call him DJ for short!

Go DJ and Go Tigers!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I have a few comments on this story

Jun 18, 2018, 10:53 AM

1. Clemson has already been recruiting nationally in the last several years, but this is proof of just how much Dabo has developed the Clemson "brand". Kids in CA are watching Clemson football, know all the players and actually have interest in possibly going there...AWESOME!!!
2. As a Christian myself (although I don't necessarily wear it on my sleeve) I can appreciate DJ's comments, and love that the staff is open with recruits about their beliefs but don't appear to push them on anyone.
3. Thank you for putting in the pronunciation of this guy's name, I've been butchering it. He's got a great last name, it just rolls of your tongue.

Re: I have a few comments on this story

Jun 18, 2018, 12:09 PM

If he went to Arkansas would he be sooeey-ooee??? Just wondering.

Jun 18, 2018, 12:07 PM

Assume it is Germans, but just in case... Lots of good footage of DJ in the second season of QB1 and how he takes over as the starter from the young man that ends up at Iowa State. Well done series if you have never seen it. Worth a watch if you need a football fix.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic