Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

New Story: NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2017, 12:32 AM

NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!

Deshaun Watson hit Hunter Renfrow on a two-yard touchdown pass with just one second remaining, and Clemson defeated Alabama 35-31 Monday night, securing the second National Championship in school history. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a game!***

Jan 10, 2017, 12:34 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes the road to the truth is so elusive it's confusing and reality becomes illusion.

Re: What a game!***

Jan 10, 2017, 11:25 AM

So amazing! That was a great thing to watch!

Re: New Story: NATIONAL CHAMPS!!!!!!!

Jan 10, 2017, 12:47 AM

Great day to be a Tiger!! Dabo and the boys earned this one. What a moment!

Jan 10, 2017, 2:33 AM

Way to go Tigers!!! I knew you could & would come thru. Love you guys. I watched you from CAlifornia but wish I could have been there. I have made a lot of Tigers fans for you.

Jan 10, 2017, 12:48 AM

Absolutely incredible game and a perfect way to end it!

Amen!

Jan 10, 2017, 1:08 AM

I've been going to game since since Red Parker! I absolutely LOVE Dabo! Great win! Suck it SEC! What a feeling! What a time to be a Tiger!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen!

Jan 10, 2017, 1:13 AM

We just beat an undefeated Alabama for the national championship most epic ever

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Amen!

Jan 10, 2017, 1:38 AM

Was at Orange Bowl in 1982.. along with 600,000 others that claimed to be there ... THIS out did what we did then!! GO NATIONAL CHAMP TIGERS!!!

Jan 10, 2017, 1:54 AM

The better team won in the end. Congrats Clemson y'all made the state of SC proud tonight!!

Incredibly gutsy call!

Jan 10, 2017, 2:04 AM

If Renfrow had not scored, it is unlikely that there would have been any time left to kick a field goal. Had Renfrow not been open, Watson would have used that last second looking around for someone else. Obviously, if Watson had scrambled and tried to run it and had been stopped, they couldn't have called timeout quickly enough. It was one play to win it all. Would I have done it? No way. Not playing for overtime could have created its own kind of legend. But congratulations to Dabo for having the guts and claiming the glory. (I know, he gave the glory elsewhere.) I couldn't be happier for him, the other coaches and staff, the players (of course), the university, and the fans. So happy for Watson not to finish second again. Go Tigers! Go Clemson!

Re: Incredibly gutsy call!

Jan 10, 2017, 6:57 AM

That play is designed to take 4-5 seconds with a single read. If the pass is not there you throw it out of bounds or into the feet. No other options unless the QB screws up....which DW will not.

Jan 10, 2017, 9:13 AM

Yes, but you're relying on the clock operator being spot-on if the pass is incomplete. And throwing it out of bounds does not stop the clock when it leaves the QB's hand. There was a tiny margin of error. I still say it was gutsy, but Dabo brought his own guts. Thank goodness.

Jan 16, 2017, 9:53 AM

He knew his team had wore that Bama defense down, take it now, and you are National Champions. He took it and we are the best in the country, we are the 2016 National Champions!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2017, 2:14 AM

So happy and proud of these guys!!! Great day to be a tiger

Jan 10, 2017, 2:44 AM

NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!

I can't stop saying it. I knew they could do it and I am just so amazed right now in the resiliency and strength that our team showed tonight.

Go Tigers! National Champions!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 13, 2017, 12:13 PM

Ballgame over!! National Championship Over!!! Tigers Win!!!! Thaaaaaaaaaaaaa TIGERS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 13, 2017, 9:04 PM

Just wanted to congratulate the Clemson Tigers on their NC it was a great game just like last year's and as a big Bama fan if we had to lose it I'm glad it was to Clemson. Dabo is in the hearts all all the Bama fans that remembers when he was there and we are proud of what he has accomplished. And I also want to say Roll Tide hope we see you same time next year!

Jan 13, 2017, 9:17 PM

Hope so!

It should be an annual thing, even if neither team makes it to the playoff. Two games for the ages, back to back. What a show of maximum effort those coaches and players have put on the last two years!
That's what competition is about.

Roll Tide! Go Tigers!

Jan 16, 2017, 9:48 AM

What a journey, what a story to tell!!! Clemson Tigers are the 2016 National Champions, we'reee backkk!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic