Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Mike Williams: Unfinished Business
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

New Story: Mike Williams: Unfinished Business

Dec 18, 2015, 4:55 PM

Mike Williams: Unfinished Business

Mike Williams came into the season with All-American dreams and NFL aspirations, but a neck injury leaves the junior wide receiver with some unfinished business at Clemson. Williams entered the 2015 season as Clemson’s go-to guy at receiver, but a season-ending neck fracture on the first drive of the Tigers’ season not only scared the Vance (SC) native, it also put his plans on hold. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Unfinished Business

Dec 18, 2015, 5:01 PM

Mike, your a wise young man. I look forward to you returning and showing out next year. Then on to the NFL for a great career. Good luck and Tiger Nation is pulling for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our #1 recruit for 2016!

Dec 18, 2015, 5:03 PM

Looking forward to seeing you back on the field, Mike!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Our #1 recruit for 2016!

Dec 18, 2015, 7:44 PM

:) :) :)

Re: Our #1 recruit for 2016!

Dec 18, 2015, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Our #1 recruit for 2016! ]

Having him back is like signing about 4 - 5 star recruits. I wish him the best, a full recovery and pro teams not holding his injury against him as they did Daquan and others where the "injury" wasn't a factor at all, only an excuse to beat down a great player and get him on the cheap.

Yeah Big Mike...

Dec 18, 2015, 5:05 PM

Come in and roll em up in 2016. All the best to ya. Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

did he/does he get a medical redshirt for this year?

Dec 18, 2015, 5:07 PM

I mean just in case he needs it?

does anyone know ?

null

It has to be requested and then decided on by NCAA.

Dec 18, 2015, 5:17 PM

But, I wouldn't think it should be any problem. While, he probably won't stay past next year, he should go ahead and do it just in case something unexpected happens next year, he would still have another year. Better safe than sorry.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And he should be able to since he only played

Dec 18, 2015, 5:18 PM

in 1 quarter of 1 game.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

That's what I was thinking - sorta like free insurance

Dec 18, 2015, 6:08 PM

does anyone KNOW if this was done ??

null

Mike Williams: Unfinished Business

Dec 18, 2015, 5:18 PM

Is a massive big play guy for us. Just glad Cain stepped up like he did. We will be better next year.
GO TIGERS!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I realize this was a fluke but why not

Dec 18, 2015, 5:21 PM

move the goal post anchor(s) back 10 yards and engineer proper support for the beams to the two goal posts? Actually, I can think of several different configuration possibilities.

Not sure what argument can be made for the status quo other than tradition. Is "tradition" really worth this happening at any level ever again?

Re: I realize this was a fluke but why not

Dec 18, 2015, 5:51 PM

because 10 yards would literally put him on the him

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Tradition? I remember when the goal post supports were.....

Dec 18, 2015, 6:10 PM [ in reply to I realize this was a fluke but why not ]

right on the goal line.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Another 5 star for 2016 we wouldn't of had***

Dec 18, 2015, 5:35 PM

Re: Another 5 star for 2016 we wouldn't of had***

Dec 18, 2015, 5:43 PM

I agree. I would hate living in this state and not be a Clemson fan under current conditions.

Re: Me too. It has to be misery, heartbreak and agony.***

Dec 18, 2015, 7:00 PM

We'll wait and root hard for you, Mike!

Dec 18, 2015, 5:46 PM

Personally, I feel the only thing that has tainted this season so far is not having you as a playing part of the team. I'll definitely root hard for you next season and be looking forward to seeing you as another 1st rounder of WR coming from Clemson.

Go Mike!

Dec 18, 2015, 5:47 PM

Why have the goal posts not been replaced? They are the reason for the injury.
Put in normal posts and problem solved. Then keep people off the
fields that is the reason they were needed. Player safety trumps
running on the field after the game.

Re: New Story: I agree. You will be the first one banned

Dec 18, 2015, 6:18 PM

From the field. Please provide your name to me and I will pass it along to security.

Dec 18, 2015, 7:45 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Unfinished Business ]

$ is the reason why. Seems silly considering but for smaller schools to put in support beams, cables or new state of the art goal posts would cost a lot. Then high schools would need the same thing pop warner etc. does anyone know if there are better options available? Would be nice considering the level of our WR, I am sure that play is no longer in the play book.

Absolutely no reason you can't have both ...

Dec 18, 2015, 8:03 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Mike Williams: Unfinished Business ]

Letting fans come on the field is one of the treasured aspects of Clemson tradition. It should never be discontinued.

But, tearing down the goal posts is a questionable college football "tradition" that goes back to the days when goal posts were made of wood, were easy to knock down, posed no particular danger to the fans, and were inexpensive to replace.

The big, heavy and very expensive "retractable" goal posts we installed always seemed like a pretty gross over-reaction to me.

Granted, heavy tubular steel goal posts certainly can injure people trying to tear them down and other innocent people nearby.

But honestly, I don't recall but a couple of instances at Clemson where the goal posts were demolished and I think that security for regular standard goal posts should not be that difficult.

Students and fans can be unruly and aggressive by nature. It's tempting for some of them to demonstrate their spirit after a big win by tearing down the goal posts. But, in exchange for being allowed on the field, it needs to be made clear that this is unacceptable at Clemson.

Most fans will understand and abide by the rules.

For those who can't or won't, the point can be driven home simply arresting the first student(s) or fan(s) who begin to attack the goal posts.

You can hire a lot of extra security for the cost of those retractable goal posts.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mike Williams a 6-star recruit: Unfinished Business

Dec 18, 2015, 6:25 PM

Look forward to seeing you on the field next year, Mike. We missed you! You might be the first 6-star wide receiver, and help win the 2nd consecutive National Championship!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 18, 2015, 7:50 PM

Mike will be glaad to see you on the field in a Clemson uniform again. Prayers for further healing. We have missed you this year and we know you will again be like you was before. Go Tiger and all our Tigers!!!!!!!!

Dec 18, 2015, 9:04 PM

I can't wait to see Big Mike again next year. Can't wait. Can't wait. Can't wait!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Go Mike Williams!

Dec 18, 2015, 10:25 PM

What a Warrior's attitude!

He's our best recruit this cycle, hands down!***

Dec 19, 2015, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 19, 2015, 10:27 PM

Looking forward to seeing u back on the field in tiger town.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic