Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop

Nov 29, 2015, 8:36 AM

Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop

Clemson’s offense was dynamic when it wasn’t turning the ball over. Unfortunately, the Tigers turned it over three times and even though South Carolina scored just eight points off of those turnovers, each one stalled a drive and gave South Carolina momentum. And hope.
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop

Nov 29, 2015, 9:11 AM

Please Mr. Elliot, when the run isn't working, air it out. We were forcing the run too much and we all know that's what they were expecting us to do. Running too much causes these unfortunate events when the other team knows what your going to do.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:23 AM

Disagree. I believe play calling was right on. The 3 turnovers likely would have been 3 extra scores and a much more comfortable win.

we rushed for 236 yards, looked like it was working to me

Nov 29, 2015, 9:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop ]

plus a couple of shovel passes that are basically run plays.

if you are talking about conservative play calling, i get it. but to say our run game was not working is false. we did have the three fumbles. there were a couple of times late in the game where i thought we could have been more aggressive, but i have no issues with the play calling, especially since we are 13-0 with elliot and scott calling the shots. we were never in real danger of losing yesterday, get rid of the turnovers and it is another 20 point win.

ALL IN!!

Re: we rushed for 236 yards, looked like it was working to me

Nov 29, 2015, 3:50 PM

wow I remember when you guys were bashing the Chad for not running the ball. Guys we are 12-0! the coaches know what they are doing!

Nov 29, 2015, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop ]

Huh?? When was the run not working yesterday? The play calling was excellent once they made adjustments to the defense USuCk was playing and we moved the ball at will. Excellent game from the co-oc's.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:44 AM

I thought playcalling was fantastic yesterday. Didn't like going conservative at the end, but I understand the methodology of doing so.

If we don't put the ball on the ground 3 times and lose it, we probably score on at least two of those drives.

Nov 29, 2015, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Elliott: Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop ]

The great thing about our coaches is that they are not stubborn they take what defenses give. The safeties were so far off the line they were begging us to run and work the ball underneath and that's what we did. It worked to perfection except for the times we fumbled. The play calling was spot on we just have to continue to execute.

Nov 29, 2015, 9:50 AM

Without the turnovers -- we win by 3 touchdowns***______ and this thread would not be going on**__ you have to give the coots credit for a hella-va-effort --- the ""State Championship Game"" is all ways a dog-fite !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offense was good, but turnovers have to stop

Nov 29, 2015, 10:01 AM

Sluggish start and turn overs hurt us. Defense ounce again relaxed , they see the O scoring and take plays off. We get a lead and they relax. We have to play lights out on D the next three games . we'll need great defensive play to win a championship, both championships. Close then I would have liked. But the coots had a good plan and changed up on offense. We need to play the next three games with a chip on our shoulder. GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot On TSP! One thing I would add

Nov 29, 2015, 11:19 AM

Not so much that they relax, rather they play 'undisciplined' at times. On two of their scores - Cooper's td pass and their last score on the option - our guys didn't play their position. It's like they are selling out.

Still an AWESOME win for our Tigers. When we play to our full capability, I like our chances against ANYBODY!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Nov 29, 2015, 10:36 AM

I agree that the play calling by the CO- OC'S was spot on. I also agree that the turn overs have to stop. 1 was a.muffled exchange between DW and Gallman. The other 2 were basically gang tackle strips. Need to work on ball security and everyone on both sides of the ball needs to play 110% until the clock expires at end of game. From here on out, there is no room to ease up or conservative play. The competition is going to get tougher the farther the Tigers progress. 100% wide #### open against who ever we have to play. Find the "chip" we had on our shoulder and take no prisoners mentality will produce wins ! GO TIGERS!!!

Funny How No One Tells Elliott to Just Be Happy w/Win

Nov 29, 2015, 3:58 PM

I Guess No Posters Want to Bash on Tony. Please Note This Post is Intended to be Sarcastic and Lighten The Mood, If Your Panties Are in a Wad, Breathe and Pick Them Out.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny How No One Tells Elliott to Just Be Happy w/Win

Nov 29, 2015, 4:39 PM

In the second half when we were up 11-12 pts. we ran TB or a Watson keeper on first down a lot with only a one to three yard gain. After they cut it to 28-25 we threw on a couple of first downs. Made one to Hopper and missed one.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photo for this article probably explains the turnovers...***

Nov 29, 2015, 10:22 PM

Re: Photo for this article probably explains the turnovers...***

Nov 30, 2015, 1:55 PM

The turnovers are taking points off the board for us. They are tiring out the defense late in the game, from the extra minutes of playing defense earlier in the game when we fumble. They are falsely giving the other team hope that they can beat us. I also notice a lot of other teams try and strip the ball when gang tackling. We try to strip it sometimes. I also notice that other teams offensive lines push the pile instead of standing around waiting on the whistle. Follow the play and help move the pile or look for the fumble. Play through the whistle. Our guys are starting to block downfield a lot better. Cain and Thompson are really starting to ball. They should be pushing for a lot of playing time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic