Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Despite early graduation, Scott not ruling out a return
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

New Story: Despite early graduation, Scott not ruling out a return

Nov 7, 2016, 5:01 PM

Despite early graduation, Scott not ruling out a return

Deshaun Watson’s path to early graduation has been well-chronicled, but his roommate is taking the same path and no one is talking about it. That needs to change. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Despite early graduation, Scott not ruling out a return

Nov 7, 2016, 5:08 PM

Congratulations for your performance both on the field and in the classroom

Tiger Pride

Nov 7, 2016, 5:31 PM

I might be more proud of the young men this program is churning out than the wins.

Re: Tiger Pride

Nov 7, 2016, 6:27 PM

Always has been one of my favorites. Love his demeanor

Nov 7, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Tiger Pride ]

+1

Really hoping he and Wayne Gallman come back

Nov 7, 2016, 7:01 PM

Unashamedly selfish reasons. ??

Nov 7, 2016, 9:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Tiger Pride ]

That is one thing that Dabo has done that is just as important as winning a FB game, and that is in the bragging about how smart our guys are, and they are also great at playing FB. It has proven that your entire team can be great smart students and great FB players at the same time. That is something really great to brag about!!! GOOOOOO CLEMSON, a championship school with smart championship players!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I recommend Graduate School

Nov 7, 2016, 6:12 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ball not being thrown his way as much with Mike back***

Nov 7, 2016, 6:21 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Nov 7, 2016, 6:35 PM

I can relate to being the "...first of you mom's kids to get a degree", and THAT is an awesome achievement that you keep forever. Their workload is freaking unbelievable, and unless someone has attempted that, you can't appreciate how hard that is to maintain. I remember trying it, and had to drop classes to manage it. Kudos to both of these guys for their hard work on and off the field. It's a blessing to watch them play, and to read of their achievements.

Nov 7, 2016, 7:04 PM

A lot of Scotts receptions were jet sweeps which we barely run since CM left

Something's wrong with the jet sweep...

Nov 7, 2016, 7:08 PM

Everytime we run it, we get a 5-yard loss. Needs some tweaking!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 7, 2016, 7:42 PM

One of my all time fav Tigers

Watson hasn't ruled out a return either. Keep that in mind

Nov 7, 2016, 8:04 PM

Imagine all of our starters return for one more season. Our very young defense will gain strength and wisdom over the summer. Things could get ugly folks. If Watson decides to stay then we may snag Trevor Lawrence with him knowing that he has an equal competition at QB between he and Hunter Johnson.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

Nov 7, 2016, 8:12 PM

"Tay" Scott rocks :)

Nov 7, 2016, 8:15 PM

It doesn't matter what your major is, taking 18-19 credit hours is unreal. I did it for about 2 weeks in a semester and had to drop a class because it was too much, and I didn't have the full football schedule either. Throw in football and that's definitely something to be proud of.

Nov 7, 2016, 8:40 PM

Very proud of these two young men! Smart decisions! Unbelievable workloads and football!! Clemson is churning out some fine men! Great time to be a Tiger!! Unfinished business, TAKE THE NATTY!!!

Nov 7, 2016, 9:08 PM

Congrats man.... quite an accomplishment, but with that being said you will be welcomed back with open arms if you stay... definitely one of my favorite players!

Congratulations to Mr. Artavis Scott and Family

Nov 7, 2016, 9:24 PM

This young man has shown tremendous maturity off the field and in the classroom - a tremendous role model for those who follow in his foot steps at the loaded WR position. Scott will get his shot at the NFL if he continues to grow his speed and strength. And just as importantly, he will have a diploma and the opportunity for success away from the field based on his work ethic.

The NFL will let Scott know if he's ready on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I see no scenario where he comes back. This is presser talk

Nov 7, 2016, 10:53 PM

The only way this wouldn't have been his last year was if he had a freak injury early in the season that forced him to miss most of the year. Now that he's made it through 3/4 of the the season, there's no way he returns with the uncertainty at QB next year.

Re: I see no scenario where he comes back. This is presser talk

Nov 8, 2016, 11:41 AM

I agree and what's the point in cramming in so much coarse work if the plan wasn't to be drafted? "Work on a Master's or something" doesn't sound like he's thought of much beyond the NFL.

Scott has a lot of thinking to do

Nov 8, 2016, 8:11 AM

I think Scott will be a solid NFL player with a very long career. He's a possession receiver in the mold of a Hines Ward or Wes Welker. He's absolutely going to get you the "dirty yards." If its 3rd and 6, you can throw it 5 and he'll get you the extra yards that you need. He'll be a nasty redzone receiver. He's going to be the guy that has 10 catches for 100 yards, but he's not going to be the home run/fantasy numbers player that GMs love in the draft. So will his draft stock be high enough to get that big up front money?

On the flip side, I'm not sure that another season of college ball will help his draft status in 2018. We've already seen him as a #1 and he did excellent at that. He is what he is. You're either going to love it or you are going to pass on it depending on your offensive scheme.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic