Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Brownell says Tigers haven't played as poorly as some think
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 74
| visibility 1

New Story: Brownell says Tigers haven't played as poorly as some think

Mar 11, 2015, 7:01 AM

Brownell says Tigers haven't played as poorly as some think

Wednesday begins a new season for the Clemson basketball team as the Tigers take on Florida St. in the ACC Tournament. Clemson has lost six of its last eight games, but with a new season set to begin head coach Brad Brownell says the Tigers haven't played as poorly as some on the outside might think. Photo by Bob Donnan / USATODAY Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Brownell says Tigers haven't played as poorly as some think

Mar 11, 2015, 7:17 AM

Har-har-har. Is it Friday already? Funny stuff right there.

Re: Brownell just wants to keep his job.***

Mar 12, 2015, 12:00 AM

Go Tigers! Beat the Criminoles!***

Mar 11, 2015, 7:29 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

pigs of dsq's criminole sister?

Mar 11, 2015, 8:45 AM

wait, wut?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Since you offered...yes please.***

Mar 11, 2015, 8:46 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

still

Mar 11, 2015, 8:51 AM

no.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 7:33 AM

2 of your last 8 isn't exactly lighting it up. Not sure what happened at the end but definitely fell off from midseason

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not

Mar 11, 2015, 7:35 AM

shoot while defended. I've seen thousands of basketball games and know when a team can't shoot. Clemson can NOT score. Out roster is filled with athletic, defense first type players with limited offensive skills. EXACTLY the type of player Brownell was in college. Other than KJ who has he recruited that can light it up? If we suck today against FSU you better contact a realtor Brad.

I'd even take back Cliff back from Coastal.

What you said.**

Mar 11, 2015, 8:18 AM

nm

Re: What you said.**

Mar 11, 2015, 8:54 AM

What was your old screen name?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Mar 11, 2015, 9:11 AM

This has always been my screen name. I am a member of another Clemson site, but that site has gone down hill. You calling me a coot or something? I just never saw this site as that great, but maybe has been for a long time. I used to get great info on another site, but it's a ghost town over there now. Anyway, it just made me look over here again and the info is absolutely amazing.

Mar 11, 2015, 9:29 AM

Never called you a coot... typically when a screen name that has not ever been used in the past is suddenly spamming the board it is a user like Stanley or Go Long just activating another name.

Your posting patterns fit.

null

Mar 11, 2015, 9:44 AM

No that's not it. cutigers.com is a ghost town now. They have no writers anymore and no content. Roy who owns the site has some new gigs, so the site is dead. He claims it will be better again soon They basically give us stories about the reshirts who are there or who is coming in as far as freshman this year. Like we didn't already know all that info. There is no depth to stories over there. Nobody post there anymore either. I just came over here and I am seeing all this posting/contet and I have been deprived of info. Maybe I got a little excited...ha.

Re: I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not

Mar 11, 2015, 8:48 AM [ in reply to I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not ]

> shoot while defended. I've seen thousands of
> basketball games and know when a team can't shoot.
> Clemson can NOT score. Out roster is filled with
> athletic, defense first type players with limited
> offensive skills. EXACTLY the type of player
> Brownell was in college. Other than KJ who has he
> recruited that can light it up? If we suck today
> against FSU you better contact a realtor Brad.
>
> I'd even take back Cliff back from Coastal.

Brad will not need a realtor for at least three more years. So don't waste your time typing that.

Mar 11, 2015, 8:52 AM [ in reply to I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not ]

guess the mot will be taking up a collection to pick up the buyout from a contract just signed a few months ago huh. how much you up for turf.

Correct. I don't think some posters keep up with

Mar 11, 2015, 9:44 AM

anything except wins and losses. Tigers actually did better than I thought they would at the first of the season. GO TIGERS!!

Mar 11, 2015, 8:53 AM [ in reply to I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not ]

" If we suck today against FSU you better contact a realtor Brad."

Good thing you have precisely ZERO say so in matters. He is not going anywhere.

null

Thank God the same goes for you!

Mar 11, 2015, 11:54 AM

Good thing you have precisely ZERO say so in matters.

Re: Thank God the same goes for you!

Mar 11, 2015, 11:58 AM

I never said I did kid.

Difference is I am smart enough to be able to look at his contract and see he is here for 2 years more min and bitching and moaning solves nothing.

I hope we win today so you will disappear back into your little hole.

null

A win today means nothing to me

Mar 11, 2015, 12:18 PM

Beat UVA, then you will have something.

Re: A win today means nothing to me

Mar 11, 2015, 12:19 PM

"A win means nothing to me"

That is all I need to know about you. Have a wonderful day you pathetic miserable loser.

null

Wow

Mar 11, 2015, 12:20 PM

Resorting to name calling. Never thought I would see the day.

Re: Wow

Mar 11, 2015, 12:21 PM

shoe fits....

Any fan who says a win means nothing to them is not a fan. Same way any fan like yourself who only shows his pathetic little face after loses is not a fan.

Im watching the game so you can just #### off have a nice day.

null

Hahahaha

Mar 11, 2015, 12:23 PM

Message boards are supposed to be fun. Opinions bounced off of each other. Don't take it to heart or get upset by it.

You have a nice day also.

ditto***

Mar 11, 2015, 9:51 AM [ in reply to I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I'm not buying this hogwash Coach, Our current team can not ]

Don't think he needs a real estate agent just yet. He has a $5M buyout clause for the next 2 years and a $3M buyout for the next $3M. Not a very good coach but he is clearly a heck of a businessman!

I think you lost to Winthrop and Gardner-Webb, I think

Mar 11, 2015, 7:43 AM

you rank 15th out of 15 ACC teams in scoring, I think you rank 14th in 3-point shooting, and I think you lost 6 of your last 8 games. Just win.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think you lost to Winthrop and Gardner-Webb, I think

Mar 11, 2015, 6:05 PM

He did lose to those two teams, and he just completed his FIFTH year. All I'm saying is the program is regressing instead of getting better. Who do you go get though?

Re: I think you lost to Winthrop and Gardner-Webb, I think

Mar 11, 2015, 6:14 PM

Joined in 2008 just now posting another SCOK comes out of hiding.

null

thanks TB , now go win some games.

Mar 11, 2015, 7:53 AM

I think BB is grasping for every thing he can now to try to prove we are better than what we are... WE are 16-14.. That's not playing none to well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: thanks TB , now go win some games.

Mar 11, 2015, 8:43 AM

Yes, we have the basketball version of Tommy Bowden at the helm of this sinking Titanic of a program. And to think, we get to pay this guy $ 1.55 million - $ 2 million a year for this mess! If it wasn't so dayum pathetic it would be funny!

Mar 11, 2015, 8:50 AM

> Yes, we have the basketball version of Tommy Bowden
> at the helm of this sinking Titanic of a program. And
> to think, we get to pay this guy $ 1.55 million - $ 2
> million a year for this mess! If it wasn't so dayum
> pathetic it would be funny!

Baseball program is in worst shape than basketball. When JL is shown the backdoor then we can work on Basketball.

Mar 11, 2015, 9:05 AM

Why all this love for Brownell? What has he done to warrant such blind devotion? He makes almost 4x more per year than Coach Leggett($1.55 million/yr vs. $400,000/yr) and at least Leggett has been successful , Brownell,not so much! Yes, he's OURS for the next 4-5 years so I guess we deserve exactly what we get.

Mar 11, 2015, 11:06 AM

"Yes, he's OURS for the next 4-5 years so I guess we deserve exactly what we get."

That is simply false if you are going to talk out of your ### at least attempt to be truthful.

null

Mar 11, 2015, 12:32 PM

Okay what did I say incorrectly? The salaries I quoted were correct, he is ours for 4-5 years related to the buyout clause and people like you, that worship him as a basketball God simply because he WORKS for Clemson,as well as the rest of us get exactly what we deserve! Be angry, rant and rave but cool it with all of the dramatics...you're in your mid to late twenties, act like it! Not everyone agrees with you no matter how much you belittle someone!

Here Here!!!!***

Mar 11, 2015, 3:10 PM

Rod Hall? What's the story?

Mar 11, 2015, 8:16 AM

yeah, what's the story?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Easy to say that but all you have to do is watch them play

Mar 11, 2015, 8:34 AM

Gardner Webb, Winthrop, USuC, Rutgers, and several of the ACC conf games, they played terribly. Going 10-15 minutes at a time without even scoring. I think you have to actually try not to score to go that long with making a bucket.

But this is there chance, win out and they make the big dance. Their destiny is still in their hands.

Sorry, their chance, not there...duhh.***

Mar 11, 2015, 8:35 AM

Re: Sorry, their chance, not there...duhh.***

Mar 11, 2015, 8:48 AM

No "duh" your history has shown you are just in fact a complete moron who is also a #### lover too ashamed of his school to get a real screen name. You are fooling no one.

I sincerely hope that helps you pathetic loser.

My nice pledge does not apply to people like you.

null

The team plays hard....

Mar 11, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Easy to say that but all you have to do is watch them play ]

they just can't shoot worth a ****.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

The team plays hard but...

Mar 11, 2015, 8:58 AM

you can train a mule all his life but he's never going to win the Kentucky Derby.
Love ALL our teams, but let's be honest--this team might play hard, but they're just not very good.
None the less,
Go Tigers!!

I think it's more a case of being inconsistent....

Mar 11, 2015, 9:06 AM

There are times when they look like world beaters (i.e., the first game in Raleigh against NC State) and then, at other times, not so much.

Heck...we've even seen both sides of this team (the good and the bad) surface in the same game (i.e., the most recent game at home against Georgia Tech).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

marlborocountycoot = tigerfanjack = alltimeClemson

Mar 11, 2015, 8:47 AM [ in reply to Easy to say that but all you have to do is watch them play ]

Mar 11, 2015, 8:45 AM

Oh this post will surely bring in the haters.

null

When it comes to the ACC Basketball Tournament,

Mar 11, 2015, 8:47 AM

I am happy if/when Clemson wins one game.

that and all their wins. i hope they can make enough of

Mar 11, 2015, 9:09 AM

a run to make the NIT[will 1 win do it?], allow the seniors some more time in the sun & build some momentum for next year.

Re: that and all their wins. i hope they can make enough of

Mar 11, 2015, 9:17 AM

They looked good against Notre Dame. Great guards and 3 point shooting was too much for them. But Blossomgame and Nnoko both were around double doubles against a top 10 team. If Hall could provide anything on offense and Harrison just played like he did last year this team could have won 20. Harrison just faded. Hall is Hall; solid and strong but no shot. Grantham and probably the rest of the starters just wore out near the end. If KJ and Sapp were still on this team they would be in the NCAA tournament easily.

You must be talking about the first ND game

Mar 11, 2015, 9:28 AM

Because when we played them at ND I thought they were awful in the 2nd half. Lazy passes getting picked off at the top of the key, wide open layups and dunks on transition, poor shooting, bigs missing short range shots...I thought it was a poor effort all around.

Mar 11, 2015, 9:13 AM

LOL....

How about BAD losses to GW, Winthrop, and usuc?

We are 289th out of 345 teams in Scoring Offense averaging 62.4 ppg.

We are 56th in Scoring Defense allowing 61.7 ppg.

The .7 ppg difference puts us at 185th in Scoring Margin.

Our wins are by an average of 10.93 ppg. However, if you throw out the 45 point win opener that drops to 8.67 ppg.

Our losses are by an average of 11.07 ppg.

5 losses by more than 20 points. We only had 1 win by more than 20 points and that was the season opener.

Just to show some stats.

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Mar 11, 2015, 9:30 AM

None of that matters DONT YOU KNOW CBB is the best X's & O's coach in America? That's the only statistic that matters! Go Brownell!

Mar 11, 2015, 11:04 AM

you bring so much to the board /s

null

Hey coach, ND started 4 guards and 1 forward, and

Mar 11, 2015, 9:25 AM

that is why your inside game worked. That was their game plan.

Secondly, you got absolutely NO play out of your 1 or 2 spots AGAIN. I know you benched
Hall in the second half, but it was 3 years and 30 games too late to determine that was
needed. I am sorry, but this sounds like Tommy Bowden explaining how we went 2-3 right before
he got canned. You have had long enough, so if you lose today, give someone else a try. It is as simple as that. No hard feelings.

Don't call out Rod Hall, that's just unfair to a kid who

Mar 11, 2015, 9:31 AM

has busted his #### for his team and his program. Also, Rod Hall played the first half and sat the second half...so I ask you, in which half did we play better?

Re: Don't call out Rod Hall, that's just unfair to a kid who

Mar 11, 2015, 9:37 AM

Did not call him out. I said Brownell made the decision to take him out 3 years and 30 games too late. Not saying that was the right decision made, but why after all this time did he do that at that time. Was he going to teach a senior in his last regular season game a lesson? Makes absolutely no sense.

That I agree with, unless there was just something

Mar 11, 2015, 9:50 AM

we were not aware of...which is most likely the case. It's really a bizarre situation

Re: That I agree with, unless there was just something

Mar 11, 2015, 10:21 AM

Look I get it, he may have said something, but as a senior and a 3 year starter you either:
1. Have the right to say something, or
2. Don't know when to keep your mouth shut.

Either way if you are where you are in this program when you bench a senior point guard in the second half for any reason except injury, then you are at a bad spot. If it had been injury they must report
it. So, like I said, no hard feelings. Just give someone else a shot at turning this program around. I don't always agree with Walt Deptula, but he said yesterday that Wofford is the best basketball program in the state, So that would make us 5th best. I am ready for a change. Aren't you?

we aren't that close to bad and aren't that close to good

Mar 11, 2015, 9:32 AM

either...stuck in between.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 9:33 AM

Brownell seems like a fine man but it aint working at Clemson. His defense only approach is not going to win at this level. I wish we would go after Mike Young at Wofford before someone else does. Young is the type of coach we need, he can coach offense & defense & beat quality opponents without blue chip players.

Brownell's problem isnt coaching, its recruiting

Mar 11, 2015, 10:05 AM

We arent losing because of his x's and o's on offense its cause those players executing those x's and o's arent very good. We consistently get plenty of open shots, we just dont make them. You cant "coach" a guy to make a shot. See UVA for how the defense approach can work for you. They just happen to have some players that can consistently knock down jumpers too. No coach is going to be consistently successful here without recruiting. Its like Bobby Bowden told TB, theres a point when its less about x's and o's and more about Jimmy and Joes. I dont think the guy at Wofford is the answer either, and he would be yet just another unproven gamble. Hes shown he can beat a quality opponent here or there, but how does he fair when night in and out he faces this competition. Our problem has and always will be recruiting consistently. Until we bring in a coach that can change that we are just doing the same thing and expecting a different result. If we ever want the culture to change, we have to bring in a big name that has instant credibility with recruits. I know we like to recruit players to come to Clemson, but for bball we may have to recruit guys to come play for a coach to get the wall knocked down.

Re: Brownell's problem isnt coaching, its recruiting

Mar 11, 2015, 10:14 AM

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!!!!!! recruiting is FAR ahead of what ever else might be in second place!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell's problem isnt coaching, its recruiting

Mar 11, 2015, 11:09 AM [ in reply to Brownell's problem isnt coaching, its recruiting ]

Yeah boy! Hopefully we can catch up with Gardner Webb, Wofford, Winthrop, Coastal and
USC Upstate in recruiting in his next five years!

But Brownell does not recruit shooters, so what now?***

Mar 11, 2015, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Brownell's problem isnt coaching, its recruiting ]

Mar 11, 2015, 9:57 AM

Yea they have played good in parts of the games but when it's bad it's real BAD. We can beat FSU so lets at least do that.

Mar 11, 2015, 10:03 AM

I sure wonder just what he would call BAD????????We went over 10 mins against NCSU WITHOUT a field goal!! and thats not bad???? I sure hope we never see Bad!and loosing to Tech and FSU is not bad? and Wofford?? and Gardner Webb????I don`t want to be around when we have what he thinks is BAD!!!!!!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe we don't have as many losses as we think?***

Mar 11, 2015, 10:52 AM

Keep in mind, half the teams that play today lose.***

Mar 11, 2015, 10:53 AM

Mar 11, 2015, 1:53 PM

I don't mean any harm but I believe it's time for Brownell to go..Clemson AD should be looking for the next HC as soon as possible

Same here.....

Mar 11, 2015, 2:00 PM

Barnes is on the hot seat at Texas, bring him back for all I care. Just do something different please!

"CLEMSON – Wednesday begins a new season for the Clemson

Mar 11, 2015, 2:08 PM

basketball team."

It look to be a quick season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Started and ended on the same day!

Mar 11, 2015, 2:16 PM

March Madness is over for Clemson fans! Wasn't that fun!

Good news was, season tickets were cheap as all get out!***

Mar 11, 2015, 4:51 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2015, 2:23 PM

slowly counting the days until football season start

Mar 11, 2015, 3:12 PM

Replies: 74