Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?

Nov 30, 2014, 2:55 PM

Are the Tigers going to Disney World?

Georgia Tech's win over Georgia and Clemson's win over South Carolina likely cemented the Tigers' bowl destination according to CBS bowl guru Jerry Palm. Where does he see the Tigers spending the bowl season and who would they play? (David Manning/USAT) Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would welcome that vs oklahoma***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:02 PM

Re: i would welcome that vs oklahoma***

Nov 30, 2014, 5:03 PM

Was there last time we beat Switzer in the citrus bowl. Their fans are kind of like Carolina's

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: i would welcome that vs oklahoma***

Nov 30, 2014, 5:10 PM

How excited would Venables be to have a chance to crush his old team?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about the Jan 1, 2015 Citrus Bowl

Nov 30, 2014, 3:10 PM

The Big Ten seems a lock for the Orange a bowl which would move Clemson to the Citrus Bowl vs an SEC team.

Re: What about the Jan 1, 2015 Citrus Bowl

Nov 30, 2014, 3:56 PM

They have 2 different teams slated Wisconsin vs Mizzou in Citrus bowl. Us vs k state or Oklahoma in Russell Athletic bowl we can thank our stupid ACC Commissioner for our wonderful bowl tie-ins!

Re: What about the Jan 1, 2015 Citrus Bowl

Nov 30, 2014, 6:31 PM [ in reply to What about the Jan 1, 2015 Citrus Bowl ]

Nah we are a lock for Orlando

Citrus Bowl is also in Orlando.***

Dec 1, 2014, 8:56 AM

Only if Mississippi State drops below a Big Ten non-champ***

Dec 1, 2014, 8:57 AM [ in reply to What about the Jan 1, 2015 Citrus Bowl ]

Big Ten Champ will go to the Orange Bowl or CFP this year

Dec 1, 2014, 12:28 PM

(Assuming they are ranked higher than all SEC teams not in the CFP.

Re: New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?

Nov 30, 2014, 3:12 PM

That would be incredible. I live in Orlando now and would be able to go to the bowl game!

Re: New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?

Nov 30, 2014, 3:13 PM

Very possible that Tech could beat FSU. Then what? No ACC team in playoffs, so they get the best 2 options. Where does that put us? Please not Charlotte.

Tech will not beat FSU***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:17 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Tech will not beat FSU***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:46 PM

Doesn't matter. They beat us.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They beat us after our starter went down......

Nov 30, 2014, 5:43 PM

....regardless of what people want to think the committee takes that into account. So if FSU destroy's GT then there is a chance the Tiger's can still make the OB. The committee took notice the Tuesday after the GT game thats why Clemson was still ranked because of the injury to Watson. Never say never....

Re: They beat us after our starter went down......

Dec 7, 2014, 10:52 AM

It was a wash because GaTech also had their 2 best starters out for the game - their # 1 RB(BroderickSnoddy) and Shawn Green(their best DL). Not to mention, no team in college football is totally healthy for every game and injuries are never an excuse for losing. Plus, remember the game was not even close, in fact it was a blowout: 28 - 6. So you gotta say GaTech won the game against Clemson FAIR & SQUARE.

Then FSU would get an at large spot as a 1 loss team

Nov 30, 2014, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World? ]

and more than likely a trip to the Peach Bowl,and yes no ACC team in the playoff. We would still get Orlando.... There is no scenario where we dont go to Orlando and I've been preaching that all day.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=16386063#16386063

Still wouldn't affect us because between FSU with 1 loss and

Nov 30, 2014, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Are the Tigers going to Disney World? ]

GT with 2 losses, GT would be in the Orange Bowl and FSU would get an at large berth. I can't see any scenario where we don't end up in Orlando unless they decide not to invite us. There's just not enough games left next weekend to shake up the rankings enough for us to be able to move up.

Just saw that someone else posted basically the exact same thing prior to my post. He's exactly right.

Message was edited by: cornstock®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?what a coincidence

Nov 30, 2014, 3:30 PM

it would be after suffering through a year of some of the most Mickey Mouse officiating I've ever seen

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?what a coincidence

Nov 30, 2014, 3:48 PM

it would be after suffering through a year of some of
the most Mickey Mouse officiating I've ever seen

Amen to that. Maybe they can find an officiating team that really knows what targeting is.

Video of targeting call

Nov 30, 2014, 8:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Are the Tigers going to Disney World?what a coincidence ]

http://youtu.be/atyfP0tMW0E

Starting to hate G Tech as much as almost any other ACC team***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:38 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Starting to hate G Tech as much as almost any other ACC team***

Nov 30, 2014, 3:50 PM

If we could drop any team from the schedule this would be my choice. How they lined us up with them every year is beyond me. Except for the coots, they are at the bottom of my list.

You should. They are a logical rival. I have never

Nov 30, 2014, 7:06 PM

Understood why so many Clemson fans take them lightly every year.

We need to play teams from Georgia as often as possible as it is a major recruiting state

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd like to see us play UGA and GT every year.***

Dec 1, 2014, 10:52 AM

Lets say they decide to shut DW down and start his surgery

Nov 30, 2014, 4:49 PM

tomorrow... If cole stodt is the starter...how many fans will travel? This is why Dabo is saying DW will have surgery after the bowl game. Maybe stoudt starts plays and plays great and wins. Then if were him i'd walk out of the stadium flipping everybody off (ala Dan Devine from notre dame did in Death valley after they beat us) for talking junk.

Re: Lets say they decide to shut DW down and start his surgery

Nov 30, 2014, 5:05 PM

If I had a nickel for every #### stupid idiot who thinks Stoudt should start, I would have a million dollars by now. What part of Stoudt Can't Play and should never be allowed on the freaking field EVER AGAIN! do you not understand?

Still think we should make Orange Bowl noise. We played

Nov 30, 2014, 6:27 PM

better, won bigger, and controlled our game compared to other teams.
The committee is supposed to be factoring all of that.

We also have the #1 Defense in the country and Watson back.

Didney worl?!

Nov 30, 2014, 8:23 PM
image.jpg(86.6 K)

?

Orange Bowl is still a possibility because...

Dec 1, 2014, 10:29 AM

1. Florida State needs a big win in the ACC Championship to try to move up to #2 or possibly even #1 in the final rankings depending on what Alabama does in SEC Championship.
2. Florida State has opened as a double digit favorite so even Vegas believes they should win easily. a 10 point line is big.
3. Florida State is not exactly the classiest program around. If they can, they will run up the score. If they can throttle Ga Tech like 55-10, that would obviously be very good for us.
4. The Orange Bowl LOVES Clemson fans. They come in droves and they spend a LOT of money. If any Clemson fans are traveling to Miami this week, bring your $2 bills with you now!
5. Deshaun Watson is the BIGGEST up and coming name in college football. Every bowl will want him.
6. Clemson has the #1 ranked defense in the country. #1! Everybody loves #1 teams in something.

If we are within 6 spots of Ga Tech in tomorrow's rankings, and Ga Tech gets wiped off the field by Florida State, I think we can pass them.

And lastly and also 1a. Remember, this is the same committee that did not move us after we lost to Ga Tech. They know we were the better team with DW!

Re: Orange Bowl is still a possibility because...

Dec 7, 2014, 11:08 AM

Well you said FSU needed a huge win of 55 - 10 vs GaTech in last nite's game -- that sure did not happen because the final score was 37 - 35 which could not have been any closer and actually GaTech nearly and probably should have won. Also remember GaTech was playing without its best player DeAndre Smelter who was projected as a 1st round pick prior to his ACL injury.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic