Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 76
| visibility 1

New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions?

Dec 29, 2015, 11:05 PM

Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions?

Clemson’s 2015 football team has handled adversity all season long, whether it was losing key players in the spring, the loss of Isaiah Battle in mid-summer and the injury to Mike Williams in the season opener. Now they have to respond to another bout of adversity....how will they respond? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions?

Dec 29, 2015, 11:09 PM

Losing Cain is a hard pill to swallow..

Dec 30, 2015, 5:50 AM

He didn't play in Miami the last time - must be a problem child - let him go.

Dec 30, 2015, 1:30 PM

I

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 30, 2015, 1:31 PM

It wasn't drug related. He missed the Miami game because he was late to practice and had a major attitude. Give the kid a break. Let him take his punishment and move on

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Will we have anyone left to suit up?***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Will we have anyone left to suit up?***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:21 PM

Peake, Ray Ray, Scott, Hopper. Add in Leggett to the mix to help them.

Dec 29, 2015, 11:27 PM

I'm packing my cleats and heading down tonight. I still have my 4 years of eligibility.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 12:03 AM

I was thinking the same think. I have enough wisdom to not let my team down playing in the playoff with a chance to make history by being the first team that's 15-0 national champions.

I think I could help keep the bench nice and cozy for the WR's!

Let's respond like we have every-time we have been challenged! 13-0 with a shot to be 15-0. I like our chances. This add's fire to the teams energy!

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Dec 29, 2015, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Will we have anyone left to suit up?*** ]

The back-ups will shine --- just time for the next man to step up !!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!

Dec 30, 2015, 12:03 AM

2 out of 3 were backups :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 3:04 AM [ in reply to Re: Will we have anyone left to suit up?*** ]

As fans we need to continue to believe in these guys...they have played their hearts out this year and they deserve the kind of support that you just gave them. Come on Tiger fans we are ALL IN no matter the circumstances. They will respond like Champions that they are. I know it's a bit of a setback, but there is not one who plays out there by himself. Deshaun will be looking for others to take there place and the offensive line will play to protect the qb and the runners. I Believe and I hope we all will support them as we have all year. I BELIEVE IN MY TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!
C L E M S O N...Fight Tigers FIGHT-Tigers FIGHT- FIGHT- FIGHT
GOOOOOOOOOOO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can cliff stoudt play WR?***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:28 PM [ in reply to Will we have anyone left to suit up?*** ]

Re: can cliff stoudt play WR?***

Dec 31, 2015, 2:31 AM

This is a golden opp. for (Thompson) to show the Clemson and the world that (He Is Who He Thinks He Is). He should be begging coach Scott for this opportunity to prove to the world that he is deserving. Thompson(1) all things happen for a reason. NEXT (MAN UP)!!!!!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Will we have anyone left to suit up?*** ]

You Idjits always forget Hunter Renfrow. I hope OU is a bunch of Idjits too. Renfrow can KILL you across the middle.

Idiot. Cain is a tough loss. Lakip should be done at Clemson***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Idiot. Cain is a tough loss. Lakip should be done at Clemson***

Dec 29, 2015, 11:26 PM

And McCullough

Dec 30, 2015, 6:39 AM

I know our team will pull together in times
like these ,that's what we do every single time this has happened. I feel just as confident that we will win.
If Cain still wants to be part of the team, make him earn his way back like Sammy W. did.

Dec 29, 2015, 11:44 PM [ in reply to Idiot. Cain is a tough loss. Lakip should be done at Clemson*** ]

Preach!!! So true my friend! Lakip sucks. I am surprised Dabo didn't kick him off the team during his 1st incident... #ByeLakip

Dec 30, 2015, 6:14 AM

To be fair Lakip snorts.

Next man up, right.***

Dec 30, 2015, 8:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Idiot. Cain is a tough loss. Lakip should be done at Clemson*** ]

Dec 30, 2015, 8:09 AM [ in reply to Idiot. Cain is a tough loss. Lakip should be done at Clemson*** ]

STERLING: my thoughts exactly. Mccullough should be done at Clemson as well. Cain should be suspended for 1-3 games start of next season and if he doesn't like it, fine leave! Harsh penalties i know but ion order to keep the integrity in our great program, they must be handed out. This crap about m mistakes by 18-21 year olds is getting very old. These young guys are given opportunities that most other kids in that ranger would relish the opportunity to have.
As for Cain,. i was a big fan but that is now gone and as far as i'm concerned he will have to absorb major punishment and if he chooses not to, go someplace else. There is no room for this crap at a fine institution like Clemson

Dec 29, 2015, 11:13 PM

They must have lost sight of the fact that this is a sport played by a team and let selfishness step to the front. We have a great coach that will handle it the right way. Sending them home is a great first step. Go Tigers!!

Dec 29, 2015, 11:15 PM

Perfectly written @davidhood

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 11:16 PM

ALL IN!!!! Become a front runner to GOD first then your team. All the greatness will follow! Put GOD first on and off the field and we are still winners in his eyes. Now lets buckle down and win this game! T-I-G-E-R-S!!!!!!

I would kick everyone . . .

Dec 29, 2015, 11:19 PM

of them off the team . . . for good ! Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!

Re: I would kick everyone . . .

Dec 30, 2015, 8:22 AM

All of them??

Re: I would kick everyone . . .

Dec 30, 2015, 8:28 AM [ in reply to I would kick everyone . . . ]

No worries Bro!

All three (along with you and your Coots)....

Can watch the game from home!

Go Tigers!!

you are

Dec 30, 2015, 12:43 PM

a frocking a$$hole. Up your real far!

Clemson class of '81

Greyhoud Bus

Dec 29, 2015, 11:24 PM

Coach Swinney should put all three of them on a Greyhound Bus and they can spend the 20 hour bus drive thinking about how they let down their teammates and their fans who have supported them through thick and thin. Lakip should clean out his locker now. Deon should serve a Sammy W suspension.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Greyhoud Bus

Dec 30, 2015, 10:00 AM

Walk home. Beat OU!

Dec 29, 2015, 11:29 PM

GOOD READ and 100% correct !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO TIGERS !!!!!

Dec 29, 2015, 11:29 PM

Well Done!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 29, 2015, 11:33 PM

Nicely written

Dec 30, 2015, 12:06 AM

Terribly upsetting read before bed... Wow. So disappointed in these guys. Selfishness abounds. Next man in... And all in togeyher. We will handle this with grace, I know it.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:08 AM

Lakip should have been given a bus ticket to his home address town, and tell him that his personal things will be packed up and sent to him. Anything he has loaned out, he loses. Just don't come back on Clemson campus for no reason. Cain and Jay Jay, take what ever medicine Dabo pours in your spoon, or Dabo can get them a ticket to their home address also!!!

Dec 30, 2015, 12:12 AM

Drug testing was probably part of the deal, something required to keep a place on this team after screwing up in the past. You keep your deals, or you don't. So it's not about weed.

Of course for the kid and his ear buds and his Wiz Khalifa, it is all about the weed. So they give up scholarships and championships for a buzz and then say THIS IS BULLCRAP in large letters.

Dec 30, 2015, 12:32 AM

Lapik should be kicked off team and out of school. Jay Jay probably the same. No his first suspension. Deon, tough call. As a true freshman, already served 1 suspension, now this. What a disgrace to the Team, to the University and the fans. We have supported all 3 via IPTAY, tickets for games and cheering them on. I guess their selfishness is more important than being a team player.

Dec 30, 2015, 1:34 AM

its easy to condemn these kids for being selfish! I played football at Clemson and believe me this kind of thing is prevelant at all schools! Some of these guys come from backgrounds that are conducive to smokin weed! When u are that age most of your non athlete friends are smokin it! I am a supporter of iptay and have season tickets and I am disappointed in them as well! But quite frankly talkin about kickin kids off the team and ruining possible future careers over a little bit of weed is ludicrous! I don't think these kids are selfish they are just kids! The selfish ones are the people that throw them away because they can't exploit their talents for their own personal enjoyment for a game! Use this as a teaching moment! Turn it in to a positive instead of a negative! I understand running off repeat offenders but some of the posts I've read are people throwing stones at kids calling them selfish when in fact are we not the selfish ones for exploiting them and then expecting them to be perfect?

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 7:45 AM

You are exactly right!

Sorry, but this is their doorway into life, Dan...

Dec 30, 2015, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

If they are not granted with a "lucrative career" in the NFL (few are), then they are put into the real world, where this will get you fired. No questions.

They had their one chance. This ain't U$uc, they're out of here, and good luck, hope they learned a valuable lesson.

Go Tigers!

Dec 30, 2015, 8:13 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

Dan93: you m are some decent pointed but overall you post is way off b are. When you reach adult maturity you will learn that this type of behavior cannot be tolerated. Period and end lof discussion. It is a privilege to play football at Clemson not a RIGHT!

Dec 30, 2015, 9:21 AM

Uh! I've been an adult with a college degree from Clemson now for years! I am a proud white American and I ran down the hill with my white and black brothers! I'm just sayin that all u stone throwers should b realistic! Yes it sux and Dabo will handle it but to think most of these kids don't smoke weed at some point is just high society fans that don't have a clue! Bringing the lumber on these kids and throwing them away is more selfish on their part than these kids! My knee jerk reaction was the same but then I realized that these guys got caught! In reality if u run off a kid just for smokin weed over half the team would be dismissed! And that's comin from an adult who has been there! Y'all lighten up and Dabo will handle it! I guess all the "illegal" underage drinkers should b kicked off too! As well as those that "illegally" speed! Stone throwers are selfish hypocrites!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

I agree with you 100%....it's weed...it's not like they killed anybody. rules are rules, and there should be discipline. Swinney will handle it.

Let's not pretend we are all saints here (well except me that is...I'm perfect)

Dec 30, 2015, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

Like my mother told me a long time ago- just because everyone is doing it doesn't make it right. They were selfish putting themselves above their team. ESPECIALLY Now with a chance at a NC!

Dec 31, 2015, 2:47 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

I hate it for their family who have supported their kids as they made it into a top Division 1 university. Probably, hoping to follow or see a family member play in a Major College National Champion Game.

Dec 30, 2015, 1:54 AM

Great article, very encouraging!
GOOO TIGERS!!!!!

Dec 30, 2015, 2:35 AM

We'll see. I would be kind of surprised to see Lakip back, but failing a test is different than getting arrested.

Most times that would be a "team rules" announcement wouldn't it?

Anyway, Dabo's certainly got the credibility to give out whatever punishment he thinks fit.
Honestly, a two game suspension at this point is just a hair's breadth gentler than being kicked off the team at the moment. He's never had a better teaching tool.

Stupid, stupid, stupidity!

Dec 30, 2015, 3:13 AM

Please just do it Dabo...say hey enough is enough....we are Clemson I'll replace a 5 star with another 5 star. That tight end has been a troublesome joke for 2 years now.....Lakip is just a few ###### backup kicker, and Deon Cain wouldnt suite up for me ever again cause I would say ###### I'm Clemson and you got one forgiveness and your gone... Sammy wasn't above it and you definitely not buddy your nothing compared to that kid at Baylor or the guy that was at tcu, Scott, or Williams on your own team so pack your bags cause big daddy is coming back nest year and you don't have a slot on thetrabel squad. I think Lawson and bolware should get free licks on them.

Re: Stupid, stupid, stupidity!

Dec 30, 2015, 3:15 AM

Phone text errors sorry but f these guys go be a failure as a rapper and go back home we don't want your type here.

Dec 30, 2015, 3:15 AM [ in reply to Stupid, stupid, stupidity! ]

Phone text errors sorry but f these guys go be a failure as a rapper and go back home we don't want your type here.

Dec 30, 2015, 3:55 AM [ in reply to Stupid, stupid, stupidity! ]

Dec 30, 2015, 7:50 AM

Someone please get this idiotic Coot off our boards!! Cain will be back - he is a good kid and a great player.

Ah the irony in the title of your post...

Dec 30, 2015, 4:37 AM [ in reply to Stupid, stupid, stupidity! ]

I guess that is what you are left to do when not traveling for bowl season.

Dec 30, 2015, 5:18 AM

Good for Dabo. I appreciated him benching Deon for the Miami game for what he called an "attitude adjustment" and look how that game played out!! I don't want to win with cheats and thugs. We win with CLASS. And because of that, we can play any team in the country. GO TIGERS!!!

Agreed. The key to Dabo is...

Dec 30, 2015, 7:01 AM

...that he is all about integrity first, and that seems to be a lacking trait with many coaches in top-tier programs. A lot of coaches prefer to "win" rather than develop fine young men. What would Jimbo Fisher have done? What would Urban Meyer have done? It doesn't really matter because Dabo did the right thing. INTEGRITY is what our football program is all about! I might get hammered for this, but I'd rather lose with integrity than win with cheats. Dabo has created a very fine program here at Clemson and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Special teams just got thinner, but I think the team will overcome this and take care of business tomorrow.

GO TIGERS!!!

Dec 30, 2015, 5:57 AM

Maybe these young men got confused? Instead of getting Baker, they got BAKED. As predicted, special teams will play a big part in this game and we're starting out behind the eight ball. Make the dang extra points. Better yet - get a kicker on scholarship.

Cain will be missed in this game. The other two, meh. Very disappointing.***

Dec 30, 2015, 7:19 AM

Dec 30, 2015, 7:48 AM

Since they were smoking the ganja in the days leading up to the most important game in their lives, then they weren't ready to play in that game anyway. Many of us who played football would kill to have that opportunity. Lakip is just a head scratcher. The kid was highly rated coming out of high school and could have had a great career, but getting high got in the way of that, I guess.
Hopefully, Cain and McCullough learn their lesson. If the Tigers can beat Oklahoma without them, they will beat Alabama or Michigan State without them too.

Dec 30, 2015, 7:51 AM

How do we know it wasn't PEDs?

Dec 30, 2015, 7:52 AM

I guess it's possible. Maybe Lakip was trying to reach the end zone consistently.

I believe PEDs is an automatic one year suspension i.e. the

Dec 30, 2015, 9:20 AM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Adversity 1, Clemson 0: Will the Tigers respond like champions? ]

Florida QB.

Does a fat baby fart in the woods when no one is listening?

Dec 30, 2015, 8:03 AM

This isn't a big deal for the fans. It's a big deal for the team. Now they all know that if the pull such a stunt there will be no reprieve.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 30, 2015, 8:11 AM

Kelly Bryant. Lace up the sneakers. You're playing WR on Thursday.

"Adversity"

Dec 30, 2015, 8:14 AM

I like the term adversity to talk about what the other 82 scholarship guys now face... playing a great team down three.

I want to point out that the three rule breakers are not facing "adversity," but punishment. I think we sometimes overuse "adversity" when it's almost an excuse for self-inflicted problems.

Cain won't be coming back from adversity next season, we'll be rebounding from a screw up. The remaining team though, they face adversity.

Dec 30, 2015, 8:24 AM

Rally the troops, put this behind us, and move forward! We have too much positive momentum to let this stop us! Go Tigers!

Losing Cain is going to hurt A LOT IMO

Dec 30, 2015, 1:33 PM

That's a given. He was as hot as any wr in the nation second half of the season. But losing Lakin will hurt too. He had proven much better at kickoffs and had helped fixed the PAT Issue, not to mention a willingness to make a tackle on KO Coverage. I don't know what they popped for, but I respect coaches call. If it is weed or whatever, I don't buy the excuses, everyone does it, or they came from that background. Last I checked it's still illegal substance. Cain has not run out of chances yet I think, but the other two have had several issues before.

Re: Losing Cain is going to hurt A LOT IMO

Dec 31, 2015, 2:52 AM

He definitely has water it down his future chances. No room for error. William will be back next year, and the talent recruiting commits and targets for next year won't help his cause.

Replies: 76
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic