Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Neutral site whine
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Neutral site whine

Mar 4, 2018, 8:35 PM

In the late 1800s, South Carolina and Clemson began facing off in football on “Big Thursday”. USUUCK and Clemson played 57 Big Thursday games between 1896 and 1959, all in Columbia, with the Tigers holding a 33-21-3 advantage.

Now they whine about a neutral site being in Greenville? They couldn’t lead the series in football when the games were played in their back yard trash pit each year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger/Terrier

I will trade them the neutral site game

Mar 4, 2018, 8:39 PM

for 20 straight years of the CU/USC game being held in Death Valley. It doesn't even us out, but that's the deal I'd be willing to make. Then we can rotate a 2 and 1 home and home every year in baseball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 57 sounds more appropriate.***

Mar 4, 2018, 9:05 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Neutral site whine

Mar 4, 2018, 8:53 PM

I went to the game at Fluor Field 5 years ago and the game crowd seemed to be about 60% xxxx fans.
I don't know percentages of fans since then; but I would assume if there were more Tiger fans there, it must be due to their poor start to the 2018 season.
P.S. It would "just mean more" if the USuC team (and other SEC teams) would schedule more challenging OOC games.

Mar 4, 2018, 10:51 PM

Hopefully the new SRP Park in North Augusta can become one of the neutral sites every third year. This is the site for this years CLEMSON -- ga. game on April 10th .Go TIGERS !

Exactly my sentiments.***

Mar 5, 2018, 6:16 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm tired of the "We'll play you anywhere, anyhow" attitude.

Mar 5, 2018, 6:22 AM

NO. Greenville is the best neutral location to play. Quit whining Coocks and man-up as we did for 60 years playing you in Columbia. Just because we are owning you doesn't mean you need extra help to protect your failure in Football and Baseball over our histories. Lets not even get into the directions of our basketball programs over the past 30-40 years.

Mar 5, 2018, 6:43 AM

That's so stupid. Idk why people think Clemson fans are relegated to the up state and USCjr fans are just from the midlands. This whole state has both. I went to the CCU hosted regional a few years back at the MB Pelicans stadium. It was far from a home field advantage for the baby chicks. The lack of support in Greenville had more to do with them losing to VMI and Furman than it did being in the up state.

Where do they even propose a different neutral site to be?

Mar 5, 2018, 9:02 AM

Charleston? Or do they just want every game between us to be a home game for them like football back in the day. I’m sure the answer is the latter. Bunch of cry babies (since I can’t say what I really think of them on this site).

Re: Where do they even propose a different neutral site to be?

Mar 5, 2018, 10:39 AM

The neutral site game is just dumb in general.

I don’t understand the obsession with it by either administration. Just go to a 3 game series that rotates the home team each year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic