Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I wonder how this board would feel if Cuse had beaten us
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

I wonder how this board would feel if Cuse had beaten us

Dec 13, 2018, 9:15 AM

and UGA got the 4th playoff spot. The committee states that "Clemson only played 2 TOP 25 teams and lost to one of them."

"UGA beat 3 TOP 25 teams and were basically even with Bama. We feel they were the best team."

I think that's the biggest benefit to an 8 team playoff. Conferences determine a champion, and those 5 champions receive invitations eliminating the committee from choosing the "flavor of the month."

Also, Clemson and other teams may have a weekend similar to our game against Syracuse where the QB gets a concussion and you lose a random game. Should that eliminate you? Maybe it should. I certainly see both sides.

Some people would say, "If you lose a game, then you get what you deserve."
We lost to "stinking Pitt" in 2016 but still won the Natty, so who knows.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A two loss UGA team would not have gotten in over a one loss

Dec 13, 2018, 9:20 AM

Clemson. It doesn't matter who they beat, they got curb stomped by LSU. The game was not close. They went on to blow yet another game to Alabama, and made what many deem the worst fake punt call in college football history. Teams that do those things aren't making the playoffs over a team that lost one game, with a 3rd string QB at the helm, against a very good opponent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

We would not be a conference champion.

Dec 13, 2018, 9:36 AM

UGA would've gotten in over us.

UGA’s not a conference champion either.***

Dec 13, 2018, 9:44 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yeah but it just means more***

Dec 13, 2018, 10:37 AM

Re: I wonder how this board would feel if Cuse had beaten us

Dec 13, 2018, 9:21 AM

So you’re saying 1 loss is the same as 2 now?

If Georgia hadn’t loss a second time, they’d be in. End of story

Dec 13, 2018, 9:22 AM

I would have been sad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

If losing to Cuse had kept us out of the playoffs

Dec 13, 2018, 9:22 AM

it would hurt but it would be understandable. Don't lose to Cuse. Had the Cuse game kept us out of the playoffs last year, I would have understood and been ok with it. We lost to Pitt on a last second FG, which is different than getting blown out by Purdue. It also happened on a weekend where a ton of top teams lost games so that was helpful. This year there just happens to be 3 undefeated teams in the playoffs so losing is scrutinized even more.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Bad hypothetical

Dec 13, 2018, 9:25 AM

Oklahoma got in on basically the same scenario. They lost to a team that ended the year ranked, without the caveat that they lost their starting QB during the game.

They wouldn’t have been able to say that Georgia was unequivocally better, just like they couldn’t say they were unequivocally better than Oklahoma, so the conference title would’ve pushed us over the edge just like it did OU

ACTUALLY, ‘not’ a Bad hypothetical

Dec 13, 2018, 9:31 AM

If Syracuse beat us, they win the Atlantic and we don’t make the ACCCG....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Dec 13, 2018, 9:27 AM

This year there is only 1 team in the playoff with a loss. If Clemson had lost a game then there would be 2 teams in with 1 loss. The debate would then be whether Clemson or Ohio St would get in with one loss.

Even though they put UGA at 5 I believe they are left out no matter what. You aren't leaving out 2 conference champs with 1 loss for a 2 loss non-champ.

5 & 6 don't matter and that's why UGA is 5. It supports the idea that the committee still cares about who is better without having to leave a conference champ sitting at home.

We would not be conference champions. We'd just be 11-1

Dec 13, 2018, 9:37 AM

which is still a great year.

Dec 13, 2018, 9:41 AM

It depends on when you lose, who you lose to and how the teams just ahead and behind you do. When we lost to Pitt and Cuse we had to make our way back up the board. If the team ahead of us kept winning we would not have had any argument. 4 teams suit me fine. The CFP is to crown a champion on the field, not to determine who the 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th team.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to go to 2 teams only

Dec 13, 2018, 9:46 AM

If there were only 2 teams we probably would have 2 titles and would have played 2 fewer games!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This isn't speficic to UGA. Our resume and SOS were weak

Dec 13, 2018, 9:50 AM

enough that 1 loss may have put us behind Ohio State as well.

Lugubrious***

Dec 13, 2018, 9:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 13, 2018, 10:49 AM

I would have said send UCF to the playoffs at that point. No way UGA losing in December warrants a playoff berth no matter who it is to.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic