Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
National Championship Tickets...need guidance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

National Championship Tickets...need guidance

Dec 1, 2016, 10:07 PM

How does one purchase the Playoff Finals tickets? More importantly, how do you purchase them without knowing whether Clemson is going to make the game? Are they ridiculously priced and am I going to pay an arm and a leg?

I tried to do a little research but only read about that Teamtix site (which doesn't really interest me). Thanks in advance.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: National Championship Tickets...need guidance

Dec 1, 2016, 10:10 PM

Iptay provides them. Request them and you don't pay unless we make it. Do you have season tickets?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't. I live in PA, so I don't get the chance to go to many home games.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:16 PM

I've been to a few away games (in the Northeast) over the past decade, but only to 2 home games in that timeframe. Money is obviously a big factor.

I was thinking about splurging and taking my lady to the national championship game, assuming I can afford the airfare, room & board, and game tickets. I just can't wrap my head around how people can plan in advance when you don't know if Clemson makes the game until a week before.

Without having season tickets, is IPTAY still an option for me? I've been a donor for 14 years, but I'm probably at the lowest donor level because I just give what I can each year.

I did TeamTix last year for the Natty.....

Dec 1, 2016, 10:33 PM

Pros and Cons.

Pro - Didn't have to worry about scalping, overpaying, ticket being fake, etc. And instead of a printed ticket it was a nice comparative ticket (that I still have in a protective holder in my office).

Con - Turns out I could have just scalped the ticket at a fraction of the cost. I didn't think about the fact that the travel at the time of year for ALA/CLEM fans would mean the game wouldn't be a high demand/sell out. The attendance numbers were good but a guy one row behind me paid $50 for his ticket while I paid over $500 ($60 reservation fee on TeamTix + $450 face value).

Looking ahead: The location this year (Tampa), I would think this game would be a premium ticket, especially if it's a rematch. It's a short drive and the fanbases in the state are HUGE for both teams. Not to mention, it could very well be Watson's final game as a Tiger.

I could easily see tickets reselling/scalping for well above face value. That being said, I'm going the TeamTix route again this year. I'd rather have peace of mind KNOWING I have a seat at face value that rolling the dice.

The only downside on waiting until now? The reservation cost has jumped from $70 to $115. So you're paying $115 PLUS the $450 for the face value ticket.

Hope this helps.

*commemorative ticket, not comparative***

Dec 1, 2016, 10:35 PM

Thanks, that was good info.

Dec 1, 2016, 10:43 PM [ in reply to I did TeamTix last year for the Natty..... ]

Airfare is a problem too. So I can pay $115 per ticket to reserve a shot at buying a face value ticket and buy a cheap flight (only around $200 currently, but will obviously go up as the game approaches) but not know that Clemson actually gets in the game. So for 2 people, I'm basically risking wasting $630 to possibly not go. It's a hard pill to swallow...

That's a tough, tough call. ******

Dec 1, 2016, 11:01 PM

Re: Thanks, that was good info.

Dec 2, 2016, 8:06 AM [ in reply to Thanks, that was good info. ]

If you fly Southwest, you can cancel your flight for no charge and the money becomes credit to you. You can spend it elsewhere for a flight. It is not ideal, but you at least aren't just throwing your money away.

I'm in the same boat as you here though, trying to figure out my best options for getting tickets. TeamTix is a good idea, but the 115 dollar gamble is a turn off. I did it last year when it was only 20 dollars and that felt like a good deal.

I think this year I'm just going to wait and see how much scalped tickets cost on a website like SeatGeek. I've looked on SeatGeek at the current tickets available and the minimum right now is about 800. This will fluctuate once teams are announced.

Where did you actually go to order the ticket? I'm guessing

Dec 2, 2016, 10:45 AM [ in reply to I did TeamTix last year for the Natty..... ]

it wasn't IPTAY since you got it without knowing we were in it yet. Thanks.

Re: I don't. I live in PA, so I don't get the chance to go to many home games.

Dec 1, 2016, 11:16 PM [ in reply to I don't. I live in PA, so I don't get the chance to go to many home games. ]

You will have points for the years you have contributed which should help

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Dec 2, 2016, 10:38 AM [ in reply to I don't. I live in PA, so I don't get the chance to go to many home games. ]

If you are an IPTAY member/donor, you SHOULD be able to request tickets through the IPTAY site. No charge up front, but if we make the game, the card you enter will automatically be charged for the tickets you requested plus a $15 transaction fee.

Click this link and sign into your IPTAY account: http://ev12.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/GetApps?linkID=clemson&RSRC=&RDAT=&linkSource=SR&caller=appList

Select the game(s) you want tickets to if we make them.

Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the "Add to Cart" button.

Select preferred delivery method and then enter your payment info and submit.

FYI: Last year they emailed the NC tickets because there wasn't enough turn-around time for them to ship the actual ticket... but they later sent the actual tickets so you could keep them as commemorative souvenirs.

T-mail me if you have any issues. And make sure you get it done TODAY, as the request window closes after today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2016, 6:38 PM

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I think I read this message too late. I went to the link but I don't see any tickets available.

I get this message:

"Sorry, you currently have no applications available online.

If you have not already activated your season ticket account using your account number and PIN, click on the link below."

I don't have a PIN so I have no way to activate the season ticket account today.

Re: National Championship Tickets...need guidance

Dec 1, 2016, 11:14 PM

I didn't buy season tickets but member of IPTAY if you need help

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

FYI- today is the deadline to request through IPTAY.

Dec 2, 2016, 8:23 AM

at least until after the semi (they opened up applications after the semi last year).

Ticket price through IPTAY is $450 each for uppers, $650 for lower, IIRC.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic