Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Recruiting Update: New rankings set up No. 1 battle for Lawrence, Fields
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

Football Recruiting Update: New rankings set up No. 1 battle for Lawrence, Fields

Aug 23, 2017, 5:45 PM

New rankings set up No. 1 battle for Lawrence, Fields

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Recruiting Update: New rankings set up No. 1 battle for Lawrence, Fields

Aug 23, 2017, 5:56 PM

Don't see this as a big deal personally. What is a big deal we got TL!

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So about those class rankings:

Aug 23, 2017, 6:04 PM

Going strictly by total, sure, those are our rankings. But if you go by average recruit score, our new national recruiting rankings become:

247Sports: 3rd
Rivals: 6th
ESPN: Can't sort by average, but several teams ahead of us don't have any 5 stars whereas we have 2. My guess: 6th or 7th
Scout: 8th

So still top 10 across the board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spot on. We have recruited our needs and utilized our

Aug 23, 2017, 7:31 PM

available scholarships as well as anybody.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Spot on. We have recruited our needs and utilized our

Aug 23, 2017, 8:34 PM

I would say we have used our picks the most efficiently, and we have met our needs. That is the key to success, IMO. Filling needs that will help, rather than just getting a load of guys where you already have great players on the roster is more important.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c

Aug 23, 2017, 6:52 PM

he's committed. this other kid is still undecided and the drama will pay off for these recruiting sites. I've seen it all before.

Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c

Aug 23, 2017, 7:22 PM

Well I hate to say this but Justin Fields looks to be the better QB. Better timing, more accurate, stronger arm and better decisions making. Which is how he beat TL out at the opening. During the second and third scrimmages the team voted Justin their qb for those scrimmages over TL who they voted for the first scrimmage. I think Justin has more of the intangibles that DW4 had. He is just a winner. Trevor I am not so sure, he looks the part and all but I don't know how his attitude and mental is, seems a little weak. The game is more mentally tough than physically. And in the article above TL score 2 TDs and Justin 6 TDs. Yeah maybe different divisions but that Justin Fields just has the 'it' factor that DW4 had. I just hope TL has the mental prowl-ness to be able to put a team on his back and win. Hopefully he can because that's who we have! I am not sold on TL but I am hopeful. Go tigers!

Well, "prowl-ness" is important.***

Aug 23, 2017, 7:28 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

I was gonna say...I think we have a new tigernetism.***

Aug 24, 2017, 3:44 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, "prowl-ness" is important.***

Sep 5, 2017, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Well, "prowl-ness" is important.*** ]

Nailed her!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 7:53 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Trevor taken out in 3rd quarter Justin played full game.

Where are you getting your information forming your opinion?

Aug 23, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Because TL is one of the most accurate QBs I have ever seen in my adult life at the HS level. The guy drops dimes while on the run consistently. On the run. I'd also put TL's arm strength up against any other QB in the country. TL has lost exactly 1 game in his HS career if I'm not mistaken. If that's not a "winner" I'm not sure what is. His HS team has gone undefeated the last two seasons...

So I'll ask again...what the hell are you talking about?

You need to be worried more about Joke Bentley.***

Aug 23, 2017, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2017, 8:14 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Tell it coot. No go fix me a samich! ??

Aug 23, 2017, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Good try but when you want a quarterback to lead you to the National Championship, you go to the guy that has TWO of them, and more than likely will get his 3rd this year. Fields is a good QB but not on TL's level with regards to leadership and wins.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Considering the Clemson staff recruited

Aug 23, 2017, 9:57 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

DW4, coached him as he broke record after record, watched his intangibles, marveled at his intelligence and demeanor, and hailed him as the best QB in the country...

...I really doubt they would pass on a player in Fields if they believed him to be another DW4.

They certainly knew and know who JF is.

While it's possible that they underestimated the talent and intangibles of JF, given their experience and values and knowledge and recruiting efforts, along with their personal and recent experience with a player like DW4, I feel very confident that Trevor Lawrence checked off all of the criteria they had for a QB.

Aug 23, 2017, 11:40 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Some kinda Coot chick giving TL the business ?
The #2 overall player for the upcoming class isn't up to your expectations , Dirtpecker ?

LoL.

Coots .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Look, a jealous coot dude pretending to be a tiger chick!***

Aug 24, 2017, 1:42 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Aug 24, 2017, 5:42 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

LOL coot troll is not even a good fake at being a woman. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah....you dont hate to say it***

Aug 24, 2017, 6:07 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Get ^this clown off the site.

Aug 24, 2017, 7:58 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

She needs to be more focused on the awesome new fire entrance on the way to 3-9.

Aug 24, 2017, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

Have you seen either of them play? Or, just going by stats & what you have read?

I think it is safe to say that both of these young men have talent. How that talent is developed is the real key.

Dabo and his staff have done a tremendous job of coaching up the talent that they have recruited. Think how far this program has come in terms of depth?

Just at the QB position alone, we have several great players pushing each other and working for their chance to start. The way I see it, we have 4 QB's on the roster right now that can be developed into starters (or already are ready).

The Opening is very much about the players around you, just like a real team. Don't take too much stock in what has been written.

I think we will be excited to have TL on our roster one day, real soon.

What about an actual GAME?

Aug 24, 2017, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

The stats aren't close.

How did DW do in the QB competitions and 7 on 7s?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I hope you stand by your "analysis" in three years

Aug 25, 2017, 12:48 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

By that time TL will have proven himself as a collegian for our Tigers... I'm not knocking JF the way you are knocking TL, just stand by your thoughts after TL brings us another title...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 30, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

You didn't happen to watch their game last week I take it. Lawrence just demonstrated why he is the undisputed #1.

All of these posts were written before that game

Aug 30, 2017, 8:28 AM

And it's pretty hard to claim he's the "undisputed" #1 when the major recruiting services are literally split 50/50 on him. That's basically the definition of disputed.

Re: All of these posts were written before that game

Sep 5, 2017, 11:37 AM

Based on each of their recent games, it looks like one of them seems to be living up to the hype more than the other. That may change. Personally, I liked what I saw from TL's performance. I didn't see the other guy's game, but his stats didn't seem all that great. Maybe different caliber opponents, or maybe just a bad night for the other guy. He may turn out to be the best ever. We'll see.

Aug 30, 2017, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

I like how you called Justin Fields a winner, because last I checked TL was 32-0 Justin Fields has already lost this season alone with his multiple turnover game last week. Fields is good when theres nobody rushing him in a no contact situation, but in a game the one who gets it done week in and out has been TL. Fields won his spot through camps TL won his through brilliance on the field. Fields is a great Athlete and better than TL as an athlete, but TL seems to be the better leader, passer, and winner when it comes down to it.

Right, 'honey'....***

Aug 30, 2017, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: don't get out of shape about this... Lawrence will fall b/c ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who cares..*****

Aug 23, 2017, 8:17 PM

Basically they dont make money on clicks with committed guys

Aug 24, 2017, 3:26 PM

That's the only reason why they're trying to push that whole narrative. They want people to do exactly what we're doing right now, talk about it. After this season when Lawerence dominates though, they'll have to put him back to #1.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic