Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone else struggling with CBB?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 506

Anyone else struggling with CBB?

Feb 20, 2021, 11:21 AM

College Basketball is tough to watch this year. I am not sure if it’s the no fans aspect or teams having to miss so many games, but I do not find myself wanting to veg out and watch a ton of games. I haven’t even recorded a game this year. Usually I record them and then after kids and wife go to bed, I would watch. I haven’t done that once this year.

I want out of this funk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Brad Brownell?

Feb 20, 2021, 11:26 AM

No man...no way. We all love him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Coach Brad Brownell?

Feb 20, 2021, 11:28 AM

Ha! Didn’t even realize that connection. I am just watching the GAMEDAY show and realizing how much I don’t care.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been struggling with CBB for about 45 years.

Feb 20, 2021, 11:27 AM

I loved it in college, being at the games as a student. Then, meh. Clemson rarely having a good team probably has had the most impact on that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are many who have not experienced what Littlejohn

Feb 20, 2021, 12:11 PM

could be like. In the Wise/Tree/Rome era the student seats were on the floor behind the scorer's table, the length of the floor, like Cameron does. With people like Lefty Driesell, David Thompson, Phil Ford and Walter Davis coming in, and we being as good as any of them, it was ear splitting in there. Fun times.

David Thompson so close you could almost touch him. So busy hollering for Wise and co. to beat him that I didn't really stop to appreciate what I was seeing in him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like to hope we got that atmosphere pretty close to that

Feb 20, 2021, 12:20 PM

during some of the Purnell years, at least it felt like we actually had a home court advantage.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I was in OK at the time so didn't get to go to any, but yes,

Feb 20, 2021, 12:44 PM

I can imagine that with the players and success we had then, there were times it was just like that. It did feel like, even from 1200 miles away, that we were going to compete with anyone.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You shoulda seen the Barnes era.

Feb 20, 2021, 1:08 PM [ in reply to I like to hope we got that atmosphere pretty close to that ]

We were a flat out basketball school for 3-4 years and the Cameron crazies had nothing on us. Camping out for 2-3 days for tickets to every ACC game....full house...it was nuts.

Difference between the Purnell era was that there was hope that Bowden was good. We knew we sucked at football in the 90’s.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, in the Tates Locke era, our BB team was top notch

Feb 20, 2021, 1:22 PM

and we had the worst football eva. We won five games in two years. FIVE IN TWO. LOL.

Tates had the best team money or drugs could buy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, in the Tates Locke era, our BB team was top notch

Feb 20, 2021, 1:48 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skip, Tree, Stan, Colon all had one of those.***

Feb 20, 2021, 2:47 PM

The statute of limitations has expired. right? ;) ******

Feb 20, 2021, 2:54 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, we got punished for that.***

Feb 20, 2021, 5:40 PM

I can't believe I got a td for that post. On weekends our

Feb 20, 2021, 10:06 PM [ in reply to The statute of limitations has expired. right? ;) ****** ]

hall group (E-2), would eat at Schilletter, and those 4 identical Grand Prix were parked side by side in the horseshoe parking lot. We would watch Tree, Skip, Stan and Colon come out of the dorm across the lot, get into their cars, and drive off. All but Tree were freshmen.

We would say to each other, "All the NCAA has to do is come eat lunch here on a Saturday, and we're dead." Sure enough, a couple of months later they threw the book at us, Wise was gone, and we didn't really recover until Cliff Ellis and Davis/Campbell. TD that, whoever anonymous person you are.

There was another guy in there, I forget exactly what year, named Billy Williams. Was sort of a chubby point/shooting guard. Then he lost weight between his junior and senior years, and for one year he was as good as anyone we ever had. Guy was a magician his senior year.

jimmy howell did not get 1***

Feb 20, 2021, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Skip, Tree, Stan, Colon all had one of those.*** ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree. Is like watching a televised pick up game at the Y.***

Feb 20, 2021, 12:12 PM

Nah man, I celebrate their whole catalog

Feb 20, 2021, 12:14 PM

Cave
Batthews
Band

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 506
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic