Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I certainly don't understand all there is to know...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

I certainly don't understand all there is to know...

Mar 13, 2020, 7:59 AM

about the CoronaVirus, but one aspect that makes absolutely no sense to me is this sudden made rush of people stockpiling toilet paper.

Most stores in Greenville County are completely sold-out.

What did you do during the CoronaVirus pandemic daddy.

I was latrine officer son. My country never made a move without me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I certainly don't understand all there is to know...

Mar 13, 2020, 8:04 AM

Yeah I don't get it either. From what I have heard about symptoms from people who have had the virus it is a dry cough with no congestion and no stomach issues.People are just plain stupid when it comes to being prepared. They always stock pile the wrong supplies. Really they are just doing something to be doing it.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 12:30 PM

yep, just say the word "hurricane" and the bread and milk magically disappear from store shelves.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've seen what the Norwalk virus can do on a cruise

Mar 13, 2020, 8:04 AM

You should definitely be stockpiling toilet paper.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 8:05 AM

I don’t get it either. Haven’t heard about it causing explosive diarrhea. Guess it’s like the run on milk and bread prior to hurricanes/snow. Lemmings... SMH

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife went to Costco here in Charleston last night

Mar 13, 2020, 8:05 AM

for regular things and sent me some pictures. The toilet paper and paper towel section was completely empty and there wasn't a single loaf of bread in the store. Some of meat cases were completely empty as well. She also said people were going to checkout with a dozen or more bottles of wine (presumably to survive two weeks at home with their kids).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 8:55 AM

My wife's a nurse and said it's completely inexplicable to her.

I chalk it up to typical human behavior. Hysterical people ALWAYS overreact in part because they don't "think" their way through a problem very well. These are the people buying up all the toilet paper and 25 cases of water for themselves everytime a hurricane is spotted in the ocean.

In a REAL emergency you don't want them anywhere near you.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Translation: Bernie Sanders supporters.

Mar 13, 2020, 9:05 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The problem is that once the more irrational people

Mar 13, 2020, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: I certainly don't understand all there is to know... ]

start panic buying everything at the stores then the rest of us are forced to make a more difficult decision and potentially follow suit because we now truly run the risk of not being able to get certain items.

Fear of a shortage ultimately creates a real shortage.

Amazon Market and Amazon Fresh are the bomb...

Mar 13, 2020, 12:30 PM

They're never out of stock and you don't have to leave your home.

You think that's something...

Mar 13, 2020, 9:09 AM

Somebody stole the toilet at the local police station. The cops have nothing to go on.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

NYC Stores, panic buying, empty shelves... (photos)

Mar 13, 2020, 9:16 AM

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8106551/Mayor-Bill-Blasio-declares-state-emergency-New-York-City.html

Mar 13, 2020, 10:04 AM

Blame the media!

Seriously though, some of the videos of people grabbing toilet paper are so stupid it blows my mind.

Remember, most people are NOT doing this but the few make all of us look dumb.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:06 AM

It is a supply chain issue. People worry that China will not be sending anymore before they need it. We have really screwed up letting way to much of our manufacturing to leave the country. The empty shelves are caused by usually high demand without being able to resupply It doesn’t bother me I always have 6 months supply of essential items on hand at all times.

Mar 13, 2020, 10:20 AM

The Toilet Paper is not for the infected person. It's for the non-infected people. You see during these trying times when a person coughs or sneezes the people around messes themselves and that is causing the major problems and needs to use extra TP to clean themselves.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 12:38 PM

I've assumed it's because people are either worried about stores being shut down during a further outbreak, or they're wanting to make sure they have enough if they end up home in a self quarantine situation or something.

I also wouldn't doubt in a situation like this that some people are buying up extra supplies like this so they can sell them for a higher charge later if the stores end up being out of it for an extended period of time, or if the stores close.

I had this conversation today with my coworkers

Mar 13, 2020, 1:08 PM

We buy materials from the province that 1st got hit. We got notifications that the shutdowns long before the media got wind of it.

We have known about this for sometime but it isn't in my nature to panic. I haven't stock piles anything.

But.. I need toilet paper. Once people panic they bought all the toilet paper. I have 2 packs, 16 rolls of toilet paper. I don't need anymore for a couple weeks.

Now I have to go stock pile toilet paper just to make sure I have some when I need it. Who knows what will be the shelf in 2 weeks.

Domino affect.

this whole thing may be a genius plot by charmin.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

NEVER underestimate the Einstein-ian grasp of

Mar 13, 2020, 1:12 PM

macroeconomics by Mr. Whipple.

Ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:27 PM

Just visited a Kroger near my dry cleaner to see what it was like.

The lines were long gone and the damage was done. One hilarious thing was all toilet paper was gone but a huge amount of box tissue remained on the shelves.

They are basically the same thing.

All I hear is that it is for the self-quarantine period...

Mar 13, 2020, 1:41 PM

why you need 237 rolls for a 2-3 week period is beyond me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic