Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NIL bill introduced by a Moran
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

NIL bill introduced by a Moran

Feb 26, 2021, 1:04 PM

https://www2.ljworld.com/news/national/2021/feb/24/moran-introduces-nil-bill-would-allow-college-athletes-to-return-from-draft-earn-money/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

they are going to ruin college football***

Feb 26, 2021, 1:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NIL bill introduced by a Moran

Feb 26, 2021, 1:23 PM

They just need to put in contract that allows student-athletes to pull a reasonable stipend during the ELIGIBLE years (maintaining academic eligibility) with a payout upon graduation for those obtaining a bachelors degree, yearly for graduates, or 3 years after their last eligible season if they do not graduate (incentive to graduate) and that any student-athlete not actively playing is still eligible for paid tuition for those there years if ever offered a scholarship - requires student to maintain academic standards. Apply it to all NCAA athletes into one pot - thus ANY NCAA athlete get "paid" the same across sport/gender/school. TL get the same "cut" as your walk-on field hockey player. Any student that fails out or fails to maintain academic eligibility for whatever reason forfeits their post-stipend cut.

This negates any media-market bias or big money further damaging the recruitment of athletes top specific programs. Thus your Texas AM players are getting the same cut as your Boise St. The only big thing that would separate the programs would be the quality of the education and the quality of the program.

I don't see this as any different that your standard "tip pool" at your co-op restaurant.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 2:19 PM

Feb 26, 2021, 2:25 PM

Feb 26, 2021, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Re: NIL bill introduced by a Moran ]

Putting a graduation requirement or "not flunking out " provision doesn't fix anything because the money ends up going to the schools which is what the problem is now. The 3 year thing is interesting though, I can get behind that

Regarding the NIL stuff, one thing we can all agree on..

Feb 26, 2021, 1:26 PM

It takes a helluva lot more than a moran to figure it all out.

Feb 26, 2021, 1:59 PM

Finally a Republican willing to admit he’s a moran.

Feb 26, 2021, 7:26 PM

Oh I can promise you there are a bunch of them. This guy is about as much a Republican as is Mitt Romney and Nancy Pelosi. Hopefully we weed them all out come 2022

That really is the next logical step in the illogical world

Feb 26, 2021, 3:39 PM

of professionalizing college sports. If we are going to allow college athletes to make a lot of money off this "likeness" stuff, then a player who did not get drafted SHOULD be able in my way of thinking to come back to college, but only as an entry into the transfer portal. In no fashion should a school be made to hold a scholarship open for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 4:27 PM

What is a Moran ?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2021, 6:58 PM

The NCAA could solve this problem easily. But, first of all, they don't really think it's a problem. They have eagerly become the minor league feeder for the NFL and NBA so paying athletes is a logical progression.

If they thought it was a problem here is the simple solution:

States and the federal government could set whatever rules they want. But, the NCAA would make one simple rule change:

When a college signs a kid to a scholarship that scholarship counts against the NCAA limit for either 5 years or until the recipient graduates from that school or 5 years, whichever comes first.

Kid quits school - he still counts. Kid flunks out of school - he still counts. Kid enters transfer portal and transfers - he still counts. Kids goes to NFL or NBA - he still counts.

The purpose of an athletic scholarship should be to help the kid earn a college degree. What part of "student"-athlete is too difficult to understand?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that your uncle...

Feb 26, 2021, 7:07 PM

Moran?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Is this the Moran

Feb 26, 2021, 11:19 PM

that keeps poasting on the rong bored.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic