Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NFL proposal would improve draft picks for minority hires
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,609

NFL proposal would improve draft picks for minority hires

May 15, 2020, 10:51 PM

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29180225/nfl-proposal-improve-draft-picks-minority-hires

Another case of the insane wanting to run the asylum.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NFL proposal would improve draft picks for minority hires

May 16, 2020, 8:32 AM

Institutionalized racism is alive and well in the United States of America.

It's perfectly legal just so long as you're only discriminating against white males. Reverse racism polocies only divides us and ensures future retribution. The NFL is a joke.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 10:39 AM

Things like this usually never bother me at all bc, people all the time say the darndest things but, reverse racism is never talked about, and that is bc nobody wants to hear about even though it is a fact that happens and the other cheek is turned to it. What ever happen with an employer should do his homework and hire the best individual for the job that is available regardless of race or gender??? Let's put the American way back in the USofA and put the best people in place that is best qualified over all else regardless of what who ever is crying and complaining about the race that was chosen to fill a position.

IMO, affirmative action was the absolute worst law/policy ever voted for or approved. It lowered the bar of filling positions with the best qualified people available, and it lowered the standard for minorities to push themselves to equal that of every race. Being smart and more qualified is not privy to the white race, so why lower the standard for people of color, that tells them that they don't have to spend the same amount of time getting themselves educated to the same level of that of white race bc the positions are going to be handed to them bc they are people of color. People of color isn't given that that same opportunity when becoming a heart surgeon or brain surgeon. They had to work their butt off to make it to the top of those fields, so why do it in the fields where you don't have to be the smartest in the class. I mean 50 years ago at NASA, a black woman by the name of Katherine Johnson, she was the mathematician that was vital in American beating Russia in the space race.

Daniel Hale Williams, a black man, and he did the first successful open heart surgery. Then there is Ben Carson, black man, practicing Pediatric neurosurgery. Black people aren't dumb unless they want to be. Affirmative action policy only helps people of color from putting their best foot forward, and they should be appalled by such a policy. If you want the best qualified people on the job, just hire by best qualified with race or color having nothing to do with, and that is the only way it should be from the very top all the way down to the very bottom. If I need a man or woman to dig a ditch for me, I want the best person I can find with a shovel in their hands, and if I need to have brain or heart surgery, I want the best I can get, and color or race will not guide me in my choice, I just want the best. And that is the way that it should and suppose to be in every hire we make with everything, and that is what I truly believe and feel.

Message was edited by: allinallorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 19, 2020, 2:39 PM

Well said. Nobody in our country wants to have an actual conversation about it. It's a sticky wicket.

Unfortunately, it's also regressive and doesn't work.

I've worked for employers (who aren't gov't contractors, of course) who would really like to hire MORE minorities but they are terrified of making a bad hire and then not being able to unload them if they turn out to be "low-performers" for the same exact reasons they would fire "Mr White-guy" without batting an eye. They aren't racist, and they aren't stupid. They just don't like the optics of it and also don't want to get dragged into court or get stuck with a low-performer they can't move on from.

Affirmative action programs are essentially entitlement programs for minorities that place white-males at the bottom of the pile. They set a low bar which I'd personally be offended by too if I was black. You mentioned some great examples in Ben Carson, Daniel Hale Williams, etc...smart people who worked their butts off to be successful.

Whatever usefulness these programs may have once had ceased a long time ago. The only hope for addressing it seems for Congress to continue to abdicate their authority to the Executive Branch due to their own ineptitude and by executive order. But, this can easily be undone by the next administration. Congress is completely broken, and George Washington is probably looking down thinking "Maybe I should let them make me King after all".

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 9:14 AM

The NFL just got me back 2 years ago due to the influx of Clemson players and me getting addicted to my company's fantasy football league. If this passes my Sunday's would be free yet again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

May 16, 2020, 9:19 AM

Dumbest idea ever but the SJWs will still call anyone who opposes a nazi or white nationalist.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 16, 2020, 12:32 PM

I'm an admitted liberal snowflake, but this seems a bit much.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Why not?

May 19, 2020, 2:49 PM

Get an additional first round pick if you have all white DB’s or receivers. Seems little diversity there as well...

Article further down says the owners tabled the

May 19, 2020, 2:59 PM

idea at 2:22 this afternoon if I read it correctly.

Asians are under represented so are mexicans***

May 19, 2020, 3:02 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,609
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic