Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Talking with a UGA buddy. He says he thinks we'll win the
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Talking with a UGA buddy. He says he thinks we'll win the

Jul 19, 2016, 5:49 PM

National title this season. I told him that I hope they win the east and squash this bug that is Tennessee. He is incredibly worried about them. I went back and looked at their schedule for the past three seasons and they have ZERO quality wins. Not even one win against a ranked opponent and just a handful of wins against power-five opponents with a winning record. Their highest caliber wins came out-of-conference against such juggernauts as Iowa and Northwestern in bowl games.

Their pre-season hype is absurd. I see them losing 3-4 games before the open date.

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-16/2016-tennessee-volunteers-football-schedule.php

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Talking with a UGA buddy. He says he thinks we'll win the

Jul 19, 2016, 5:54 PM

They should have beat OU a team that played us very well till towards the end we made some big plays to pull away. They also barely lost to Bama a team that beat us. Tho Bama did lose to Ole Miss that was a fluke. They played well the UT game UT just played good football. They are pretty dang good. Not as good as we are but don't act like Tenn sucks.

Jul 19, 2016, 5:57 PM

They still lost though, and that's all that matters at the end of the day. No different than Gamecock fans saying they "almost" beat us last year.

Jul 19, 2016, 6:11 PM

Their lose to OU was completely different than Usucks lose to us. Yes an L is an L but we stack up against Bama and that was much different than how the coots played us but both close games. UT handled OU the whole game. They are a solid team. Yes unproven but they are good and are favorites to win the SeC East for a reason. They do have to win the close games and I hope VT walks all over them but we cannot sit here and act like they suck. They have the best QB in their conference IMO not saying much tho lol

The numbers speak for themselves. Their only measurement

Jul 19, 2016, 6:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Talking with a UGA buddy. He says he thinks we'll win the ]

of strength is in "close losses" to OU and Bama. That is not the mark of a good team. This season, they have to accomplish a whole lot of "firsts" under Butch Jones to win the east.

They will have to beat a ranked opponent for the first time, they will have to beat UF or Bama for the first time, they will have to go on the road and win in Athens for the first time and they will have to go win in College Station in front of 100,000. On top of that, they have a VT team early with a new coach and new excitement pumped into the program.

Re: The numbers speak for themselves. Their only measurement

Jul 19, 2016, 7:11 PM

Point to you for this^^^ dj, but overall I think I agree with C$$ on Tenn.

Gonna be interesting to see how this all plays out on the field this season.

BTW: w/Kirby Smart at the helm, I think GA will become the beast of the east and a force to be reckoned with - both in the sec and nationally - in the very near future, not Tenn....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: The numbers speak for themselves. Their only measurement

Jul 20, 2016, 9:08 AM

I agree. UT best get it this year if they want it because UGA is going to become great again.

Wow, Tennessee has to leave the state 3 whole times in their

Jul 19, 2016, 5:55 PM

regular season of 12 games.

@ Athens, GA
@ Coot town, SC
@ College Station, TX

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Against UGA, I say go Vols. I thought UGA was our 2nd most

Jul 19, 2016, 6:15 PM

hated rival.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I will root for UGA over SCar, Auburn, Tenn, and Ole Miss

Jul 19, 2016, 6:20 PM

this year. I would also pick them over Bama and FSU. When we don't play them, I'd rather them win the east than any other team.

yeah - but I like to see them do well with hope of a shot at

Jul 19, 2016, 7:26 PM [ in reply to Against UGA, I say go Vols. I thought UGA was our 2nd most ]

playing them - don't have to worry about that with the coots.

Trust me - the UGA/CU games were HUGE in the early 90's - as much hype as you could imagine without social media and 24/7 sports tv.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NEVER in my lifetime will the words....

Jul 19, 2016, 6:24 PM

"Go Dawgs" be uttered from my mouth!

Nope! Can't do it! I hate UGA!!

Go Tigers!!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't have to say "Go dawgs" to hope they beat other

Jul 19, 2016, 6:26 PM

opponents that we also hate.

Re: You don't have to say "Go dawgs" to hope they beat other

Jul 19, 2016, 6:31 PM

Pulling a Ten?

Re: NEVER in my lifetime will the words....

Jul 19, 2016, 6:37 PM [ in reply to NEVER in my lifetime will the words.... ]

Gosh, I'm with you. Georgia is my most hated team, I despise their fans. Have been treated horribly on their campus at a game.

Jul 19, 2016, 6:50 PM

I despise Georgia with a passion. Seems to me we are in a lot of competition with them for top recruits lately.
If it were my choice, I hope Tennessee beats the stuffin' out of them!

Jul 19, 2016, 7:19 PM

You obviously aren't old enough to remember the woes UT caused for MY Tigers. Georgia is saintly compared with them. Attend a game in Knoxville and Athens will seem like paradise!

Jul 19, 2016, 8:19 PM

I'm sure they are obnoxious. I had the misfortune of going to the 1982 game at Georgia, I think it was the opening game after our national championship year and we lost 13-7. I may have a few details wrong but I sure remember their rotten fans.
I guess misery is in the eye of the beholder, so to speak ??

Jul 19, 2016, 8:57 PM

I was at that game. Things I remember.
1. Breathalyzer booth immediately outside of the stadium. People blowing .23, .27 ect.....then going into the stadium.
2. Tigers dominated huge portions of the game. Almost doubled'em up in yardage, turned the ball over 3 or 4 for times deep in their territory after long drives.
3. Dawg fans were obnoxious and aggressive after the game. Felt lucky to make it to the car without having to put anybody to sleep.

Jul 19, 2016, 9:24 PM

TBH , the eastern half of the SEC is just not very good . UGA is the lone holdout that could get back to national prominence on talent alone , IMO .
UT and Florida have similar talent pools but for differing reasons they have fallen on mediocre times . Missouri , USuC , Kentucky and Vanderbilt are all just fodder really , and not one of them looks like more than a 7 win team .
All the talent in the SEC lies in the western division , and has since around 2009 .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

No disrespect, but I can think of 5 teams I'd rather see win

Jul 20, 2016, 6:53 AM

the SEC-E. I enjoy seeing UGA lose.

Tenn is the Ark of the east

Jul 20, 2016, 7:27 AM

Getting a lot of credit for losing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Seriously doubt they lose even 3 of their first 7.

Jul 20, 2016, 7:37 AM

The only game they probably wont be favored in is Bama. They will win their first 3 and probably beat Florida at home. UGA in Athens and Bama are tough games for sure, but A&M is a shell of what it was 4 years ago. I think 5-2 is very reasonable and then its all SEC East bottom feeders down the stretch.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic