Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The only team that has been more confident than LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

The only team that has been more confident than LSU

Jan 11, 2020, 6:11 AM

is bama last year and maybe ohio st...and oklahoma and lsu last time we played

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The only team that has been more confident than LSU

Jan 11, 2020, 6:26 AM

......Well, you gotta throw Ohio State, Oklahoma, and Notre Dame in the mix of most confident fan bases heading into the CFP.

Heck, the Buckeyes lost to us already and they still think they have the best team.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bingo!***

Jan 11, 2020, 7:07 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can’t lie, I think they did have the best team

Jan 11, 2020, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: The only team that has been more confident than LSU ]

We out coached them plain and simple. 29-7 after they went up 16-0

Re: I can’t lie, I think they did have the best team

Jan 11, 2020, 11:20 AM

Hard to disagree with you there dominance. I thought the same thing after the game. The TL 67 yard TD totally caught them off guard and a great play call by our coaches. Same thing with the jump pass for the last TD.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND, OU, OSU top my list

Jan 11, 2020, 7:07 AM

I've been to a lot of our bowl games and I'd say the top three most confident fan bases are 1) Oklahoma, 2) Ohio State, and 3) Notre Dame. Alabama doesn't really factor in there because they've always been pleasant and realistic; with an attitude of "both teams are really good, but I hope we're better."

Oklahoma fans are ridiculously arrogant and condescending. They stand alone atop my 'most disliked' fans bases not named South Carolina. They're like "bless your little heart, thinking you might have a chance to win against a program as dominant as ours." They're also really sore losers who talk smack non-stop until it's obvious they're going to lose. Then they disappear in a flash.

OSU fans are also really over-confident, never entertaining the thought that they could lose the game. But, to their credit, they typically stand up well to a little post-game revenge smack. I remember after the Orange Bowl where Tajh and Sammy basically beat them by themselves, I was on a shuttle bus back to our hotel. It was me, my wife, and about 10 OSU fans. I had probably drank about 20 of those $12 beers and was lit up like a Christmas Tree. I don't remember all of the zingers I slung out on that 20 minute ride back to the hotel, but I'm confident I emptied my clip. They took it stoically and earned my drunken respect for that.

ND fans were also a little chippy last year at the Cotton Bowl. My nephew and I ended up going to the wrong side of the stadium for the pregame festivities and were basically on the ND side for their pep rally. They seemed to talk smack out of some ingrained habit, but you could tell in their eyes that they knew what was coming. I'd characterize them as being like a 50-year-old ex-prom queen who thinks she's still 'got it.' Kinda sad and fascinating at the same time.

In all three cases, Clemson was seen as a new comer that lacked tradition and was a basically a nouveau riche upstart that lacked respect for their betters. However, that perception is slowly changing as we're crushing everybody now.

**Flux nailed it. I too have witness the same.*****

Jan 11, 2020, 7:24 AM

Hilarious post Fluxus!

Jan 11, 2020, 7:33 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

nm

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Notre Dame fans I ran into last year were nice but agree they were confident

Jan 11, 2020, 7:55 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

They were going to win. It was fun wearing our Clemson gear back to that hotel which I assume must have been mostly Notre dame fans. They were a lot less talkative the morning after. Most of them did wish us luck and hope we beat Alabama though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love this

Jan 11, 2020, 9:40 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

"I'm confident I emptied my clip."

Re: ND, OU, OSU top my list

Jan 11, 2020, 10:34 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

+1 for nouveau riche. Had look that up lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Unlike Notre Dame fans, some 50 year old prom queens DO

Jan 11, 2020, 10:41 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

still got it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I was on that bus with drunken flux ??***

Jan 11, 2020, 10:59 AM [ in reply to ND, OU, OSU top my list ]

Dude! South Carolina after the 56-35 game....***

Jan 11, 2020, 8:00 AM

A 21 point beatdown is one of the best accomplishments in their history***

Jan 11, 2020, 10:44 AM

nm

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: The only team that has been more confident than LSU

Jan 11, 2020, 8:43 AM

Worst in my mind are the tOSU Bucknut fans. I am forced to interact with several of them at work. They are pompous to the Nth degree. Yet when they lose, and they have every time they've played our beloved Tigers, it's as though they expect sympathy because, after all, they are Ohio State and they must have been treated unfairly or they would have won the game. Makes me crazy. I take every opportunity to pour salt in the wound. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic