Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
NCAA HQ News
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,500

NCAA HQ News

Sep 4, 2020, 1:00 PM

Someone may need to correct or clarify my comments. This is the gist of an article I hurriedly red a day or two ago. The NCAA is furloughing about 600 employees at their Indianapolis headquarters, BUT, the top brass will not be furloughed or be assessed a pay reduction. If this is true, why don't they follow the decisions made at most schools to apply a reduction in pay from the top down. Is this another reason we have lost respect for some of the actions taken by the MCAA staff?

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NCAA HQ News

Sep 4, 2020, 1:07 PM

The NCAA brass has always been untouchable due to the massive cash flow due to football & basketball. Time to pay the piper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Sep 4, 2020, 1:57 PM

The NCAA does not make money on football. They have no control over Div. 1, thats why teams can still play even though they do not want them to.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2020, 3:42 PM

If this is true, where do they get the authority to dole out punishment if a school violates rules?

Sep 4, 2020, 4:18 PM

They dont have that authority. As cited in the Case of NCAA versus UNC's outright fraudulent classes an academic cheating

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2020, 1:37 PM

Shut it down!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2020, 2:00 PM

I heard that on the radio Joe, and I said that all the cheating cases will get pushed further back, and when those cases got heard, some of those would be on SSI when they got to them. That organization should be fired, dismantled and done away with, and college FB show put together another system that works with lessor people hired. The NCAA got so over staffed, that there was a fear that one group mat have to work more or harder than another, and nothing got done, and they sat in an office/cubicle and talked about getting together at so and so house for the weekend cookout!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Because everybody is equal.

Sep 4, 2020, 2:02 PM

But some are just more equal than others.

Found this on the Interweebs

Sep 4, 2020, 3:38 PM

The NCAA will furlough its entire Indianapolis-based staff of about 600 employees for three to eight weeks in a cost-saving move, according to memo obtained Wednesday by The Associated Press.

The memo from NCAA President Mark Emmert went out to the association’s more than 1,200 member schools Wednesday. The furloughs will not affect senior executives.

Starting Sept. 21 through the end of January 2021, all national office staff will be subjected to a mandatory three-week furlough, Emmert wrote. Some staff will be furloughed up to eight weeks, depending on position and “seasonal timing of their duties.”

Earlier this year, USA Today reported Emmert and NCAA senior management were taking a 20% salary reduction and vice presidents would be taking 10% pay cuts. The association also implemented salary freezes for all employees and did not fill open positions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,500
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic