Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Pessimistic simpleton checking in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,428

Pessimistic simpleton checking in

Jan 15, 2020, 12:38 PM

I posted before the game that NO is a dump that has nothing I want.

Football games are a family event and we went down with 6. We made the most of a bad situation

Now that I am back I will confirm that NO is a dump that had nothing to offer me. No desire to ever go back.

LSU fans were great for 3 days....went to crap during the game and were down right unbearable after...

Seems football is justification enough to be an a hole... I will admit the worst offenders seemed drunk off their buts.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

The non drunk LSU fans seemed to be reasonable during...

Jan 15, 2020, 1:12 PM

and after the game. Everyone that I congratulated was gracious and wished us well moving forward. You get bad apples in every basket. I can only imagine what Bourbon street was like after the game. We got out of dodge quickly once the game was over.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How do you keep Gamecocks out of your yard?
• Put up goal posts
What does a Gamecock grad call a Clemson Tiger grad in 2 years?
• Boss

The worst fan I encountered was a drunk

Jan 15, 2020, 1:21 PM

Clemson fan (young punk). He left mid 4th qtr. The section improved dramatically.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

90% of LSU fans of great.....

Jan 15, 2020, 2:45 PM

And while all schools have their bad fans....LSU has about 5-10%± of their fans that cross the line based on my experience as a CLEM & UF fan (I have gone to 3-4 games in BR). IMO, it stems from their culture that encourages drunkenness and wildly rude/in-your-face behavior/smack talking. Again, most of their fans are great. I would also say there is also smugness amongst many of their fans----again it stems from their culture. That state is just different.

Among the examples we saw in NO:

Two 70 year old men (on separate occasions, mind you) approached us unsolicited to explain why our schedule sucks and why they are going easily handle us. Had a 65 year old man ± in our section (147) who when he first arrived at his seat announced loudly to everyone within earshot..."you ain't playing GT." After one minute, he had offended at least four different groups of ppl. After every score, he looked to rub it in ppl's faces. Keep in mind, he's the only LSU fan nearby. Makes you wonder, why a 65 year old man feels the needs to do that. I can understand a college student who is immature or lacks the experience. Is it to cover up some other deficiency in his life...or is it a lack of confidence? Had a street thug/LSU fan stand behind our Section in the concourse harassing CLEM fans all night. He purposely chose to stand behind CLEM fans instead of watching the game on the LSU side of the field. CLEM fans simply don't do that based on my experience. Of course the NO Police did little. BY FAR the WORST police force in the country...but that's another story.

Also had several different groups of LSU fans sing their "Neck" song as we walked by (Suck that Tiger d*(& B&^%&). This was done with ZERO regard to women or children present. Just something that no CLEM fan I know would ever even dream about doing. Its just low-class.

Again, most LSU fans a real good ppl and I've found my times in BR have been great and most of them will welcome you to their tailgate with open arms. But their 10% is much worse than most schools' IMO...

I really like NO in several ways, but dislike in many others. I would MUCH prefer games in LA, Scottsdale area, Fort Lauderdale area, ATL than NO. Probably won't ever go back unless its a Natty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 90% of LSU fans of great.....

Jan 15, 2020, 4:09 PM

Nola is a stinking ghetto.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife took me last year for my 60th

Jan 15, 2020, 6:07 PM

Absolute best trip I've ever had. Loved the food, bourbon and the jazz.. the haunted bar tour was awesome... NO is a great place just don't spend too much time on Bourbon Street.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,428
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic