Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anyone personally know anyone who has received the Covid
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 33
| visibility 1

Anyone personally know anyone who has received the Covid

Jan 8, 2021, 9:52 AM

vaccine that is not a health care worker? Just trying to gauge when it may become available to the rest of us.

Also interested to hear what, if any side effects your acquaintances had upon getting the vaccine. National Enquiring minds want to know.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A couple of buddies of mine who are first responders...

Jan 8, 2021, 9:56 AM

have received the vaccine.

The rest of us probably won't receive the vaccine until late Spring or early Summer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

They didn't report growing a third ear, or anything of a

Jan 8, 2021, 10:01 AM

side effect nature?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No...other than an overwhelming desire to...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:42 AM

to bomb the he!! out of China for causing all of this crap !!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: A couple of buddies of mine who are first responders...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:04 AM [ in reply to A couple of buddies of mine who are first responders... ]

A limited supply was available in the area where I live this week but it was gone in a few days. It was supposed to go to the elderly but I know several who got the vaccine. None have had any side effects. If it becomes available again I plan to “get in line”.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A couple of buddies of mine who are first responders...

Jan 8, 2021, 10:46 AM [ in reply to A couple of buddies of mine who are first responders... ]

In Ohio first responders did not include police. To me that is total bull

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anyone personally know anyone who has received the Covid

Jan 8, 2021, 10:01 AM

My Son-In-Law is with the Sheriff Dept in Lexington county, and received the first of his two doses last week.

He's 35, and did not have any side effects from the first dose.

Personally, I think the focus should be on people over the age of 70.

I've also heard from a couple people in the medical profession. Their advice is to receive the injections in a hospital or doctor's office to guard against immediate reactions.

I don't want my grandchildren ever getting it, and my opinion would be against any kids under 15

Jan 8, 2021, 10:16 AM

The focus certainly is on people over the age of even 60, if they are regularly involved with a doctor. If they are not, they need to get in contact with their regular doctor and discuss their options. Tracking people down that need the shot is a nightmare, from what I've been told. Even tracking people down for their follow up has been really tough. And it's not time well spent when there are people in line and eager to receive their vaccine. With a roll out this large, people will have to be responsible for a lot more than they are accustomed too, from what I've heard.

I spoke to someone yesterday that works in the distribution

Jan 8, 2021, 10:12 AM

process for CVS. He told me that so far, they were ahead of schedule and that in the state of SC we (the general public) may have access as soon as February 15th. He said it's a logistical nightmare trying to keep track of the millions of shots given and the follow up process for the second shot, but that the distribution itself is rolling along nicely. He told me the state's governors in the south east have been heavily involved and pushed hard to help their citizens. His personal take was that for this to really happen any quicker, the National Guard would have to be involved in setting up stations and giving shots. But again, the follow up for the second shot would be a logistical nightmare. Now the real fear is catching the virus while waiting in a long line to get the vaccine. I know a handful of people who've had the shot. My mom is in a nursing home and received hers on Tuesday with no ill effects. She did have the virus last April, so I'm not sure what, if any, effect that had. Anyway, that's all I got for ya, just a bunch of second hand information.

I received the Moderna vaccine.......

Jan 8, 2021, 10:13 AM

Monday. I’m 70 and waited in those daytona lines you probably saw on tv. I had some foot cramping but that was probably due more to dehydration. Other than that, I felt fine.

I know four people - two over age 65 and two people.......

Jan 8, 2021, 10:14 AM

in their mid-30s in healthcare - none had any adverse reactions except a sore arm at the injection site for a day or two. Nothing different than typically felt for most vaccines like a flu shot.

I'm signed up - am waiting to hear when my appointment date/time is.

My wife and sister-in-law

Both are Clemson nurses

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check your state. Most have set up phases as to what group is eligible to get the vaccine and when.

Come on, I live in South Carolina. Organization? We got a

Jan 8, 2021, 12:32 PM

lot of people that still think the Civil War is at halftime.

One of my co-workers managed to get one. He is in the 75 and up group.

Jan 8, 2021, 10:16 AM

They have given about 500 out in Knox County for that age group. He has not reported any problems with the first shot.

My sister was told before Christmas she would have one by now....but no luck yet.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My wife and I will get ours Tuesday

Jan 8, 2021, 10:31 AM

We are both over 65. We live in Georgia. Our local Department of Health has a website that went live this week to make appointments but I understand that they are already into March. A doctor friend recommended taking Tylenol the day of the vaccine and putting an ice pack on the injection site for a while after injection.

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

my mom got it couple days ago, she is in

Jan 8, 2021, 10:55 AM

independent living, ALF so I think they are getting to those people now. she got it this week, maybe Tuesday . all good so far

null

Jan 8, 2021, 10:56 AM

Yes and they either lied or there was a problem with system or its set up

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

assisted living residents

Jan 8, 2021, 10:58 AM

down in the Low Country have received it (according to friends)

If you've ever had to interact with SCDHEC then you'll

Jan 8, 2021, 11:01 AM

know why this vaccine rollout has been slow and will be a cluster f. SCDHEC is by definition red tape.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:04 AM

I haven't know any until the last 2 weeks.

Niece: had a positive test result but never felt bad or had any symptoms.
ms midlands best friend: she lost sense of taste and smell, feels like crap.

I am an 82 year old diabetic and have no idea when

Jan 8, 2021, 11:07 AM

I can get it. I have a friend who is 92 and is a rabid Clemson fan. He and his 87 year old wife had covid and pneumonia. They spent 3 weeks in the Anderson Hospital and are now home.

Re: I am an 82 year old diabetic and have no idea when

Jan 8, 2021, 11:31 AM

I hop they are ok and I wish the best for you. we are a little younger and wife is diabetic and hope to get the shot soon

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I am an 82 year old diabetic and have no idea when

Jan 8, 2021, 12:51 PM [ in reply to I am an 82 year old diabetic and have no idea when ]

In SC You are in Group 1b. The Governor has just established a deadline for group 1A to be inoculated later this month. Watch your local news and call your local hospital, and maybe your local health dept. Also, don't forget your Vit D and Zinc. Hope you are able to stay healthy. I have had no ill effects from my first vaccination at the beginning of this week.

I got the Moderna vaccine yesterday

Jan 8, 2021, 11:11 AM

76er® said:

vaccine that is not a health care worker? Just trying to gauge when it may become available to the rest of us.

Also interested to hear what, if any side effects your acquaintances had upon getting the vaccine. National Enquiring minds want to know.

and I am a resident in assisted living facility in SC. I didn't have any side effects. I can tell you several facilities in SC have received the vaccine so maybe the South Carolina is moving faster than New York?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In Georgia - check the county health department websites

Jan 8, 2021, 11:19 AM

Georgia moving to 65 and older on Monday, the 11th. bookings online through the county health department web sites.
Limited supply. My nurse wife got hers yesterday. Sore arm, but happy to have it. I have appointment next week drive through at county head department. Its hit and miss on supply. if you want it and are 65 or older in GA, keep trying health department web sites.
Mostly sore arms, but a doctor friend of mine (who already had covid) got second shot this week. Sick in bed right now....but happy to have.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:21 AM

I'm a participant in the Moderna Clinical Trial. Participants were never told if they received the Placebo or the Vaccine until this week. Moderna decided to bring all participants in to let them know if they received the Placebo or the Vaccine. If you received the Placebo you could elect to get the Vaccine.
I received the first injection the last of August last year, then the second injection 28 days later. After the second injection I had a low grade fever (99.9), sore arm at the injection site and a headache which lasted less than 24 hours. From research I figured I had received the real thing and this past Tuesday I found out I did receive the Vaccine. They then issued a card verifying that I had been vaccinated.

Jan 8, 2021, 11:24 AM

In Durham, Duke hospital is offering it to anyone 75 and older by appt.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:36 PM

no

Depends on state, I’ve received mine but I’m medical.

Jan 8, 2021, 12:49 PM

2 doses of Pfizer now without any issues. In Arkansas we are in 1A, which means medical and now have added first responders. So my Brother in law a policeman got his first yesterday, no issues. By far of all the doctors/nurses etc that have gotten it little to no symptoms. They are projecting 1B here at beginning of Feb which will include teachers and those over 65 I think

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Depends on state, I’ve received mine but I’m medical.

Jan 8, 2021, 3:27 PM

My understanding is the second dose has a small window to take, for full effectiveness.

Can't verify if true, but was told they give you a three day window, and you need to follow up.

It’s 21 days, you can come up to 3 days early, ideally not afterwards.

Jan 8, 2021, 8:15 PM

But they still recommend getting it if missed the window. I still think you’d get close to 90% but not sure if there are exact numbers or not

Heard on TV tonight that Biden wants to

Jan 8, 2021, 10:04 PM

speed things up causing concerns that if too many 1st doses are given that the second dose might not be available to give the 2nd within the window- that is a guarantee I want before I get my 1st one

Jan 9, 2021, 8:59 AM

Just found out I received my second vaccine shot on Sept. 25 as a volunteer in the Moderna trial.

The only side effect was a very minor sore arm with first shot, not even that with the second.

Unless you're skeeered of needles, go get it asap.

Replies: 33
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic