Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My walk on the other side of life Part 1
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 52
| visibility 826

My walk on the other side of life Part 1

May 26, 2020, 12:32 PM

Got to see how rich people live for a few days while at the beach. Here are my observations:

Backstory: Electrical engineer allowed my family to stay in their beach condo in a gated community (security guard and everything) for Memorial day weekend. Easily a 1 mil condo.

1. Rich people love to run. Every morning looked like the Boston Marathon. They had their Nike gear from head to toe. Their apple ear buds in their ear. The stupid little band that goes around their arm. AND THEY WILL NOT MOVE FOR A TRUCK.

2. Rich people who can't run LOVE bikes. All day it looked like a slow motion Tour de France. Kids of all ages. Old people. If they couldn't run they were strolling on bikes. AND WOULD NOT MOVE FOR A TRUCK.

3. Golfcarts everywhere. I guess from all the running and biking their legs wouldn't let them walk after lunch. And every golf cart had to have led lights, sound system, big tires, and packed with Bob from Acron. I shouldn't be eye to eye IN MY TRUCK with a dude on a golf cart.

4. Hot women. 3/5 of the women there were at least a 6. Even a few dudes. I don't know what it is about money, but the hot women latch on to that #### for all their life. How do I know they're latching on to money? Because the woman is a 6 and the guy looks like what I imagine Lakebum looks like. I've also learned that I have become a pro at knowing when wife of is looking away so I can take a peak without having to wear sunglasses.

5. They don't give a #### about you. They look straight ahead at all times. You can smile, wave, say hey, they don't GIVE A ####.

6. They don't own trucks. It's all small SUV's and cars. Lots of cars with Rover in the name. I actually asked one of these uppity ##### why none of them own trucks. His reply was "why do I need a truck? I pay to have everything I need hauled for me"

Son of a ##### that stung

Anyways that's fun for a weekend. But I prefer to be around real people with real bodies and real beer.

What a weekend.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

This story is BS

May 26, 2020, 12:36 PM

Wanna know why? Rich people don't wear Nike.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

You're right. It wasn't Nike.

May 26, 2020, 12:37 PM

I can't spell the brand they were using.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A-D-I-D-A-S

May 26, 2020, 12:38 PM

it's in my name, bruh.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Na this sounded like a town in New York***

May 26, 2020, 12:39 PM

Albany?***

May 26, 2020, 12:42 PM

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reebok. It's just outside Buffalo.

May 26, 2020, 12:44 PM

Where the amish peeps stay.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fubu?***

May 26, 2020, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Na this sounded like a town in New York*** ]

Saskatchewan or some ####***

May 26, 2020, 3:35 PM

Re: A-D-I-D-A-S

May 26, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to A-D-I-D-A-S ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWgltXN_S-4

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulu, Alo, On, Patagonia***

May 26, 2020, 12:39 PM [ in reply to You're right. It wasn't Nike. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah. Vuori, Tracksmith - that's your LDR running gear.

May 26, 2020, 1:32 PM

Confession - APM has a pair of Vuoris.

https://www.tracksmith.com/?gclid=CjwKCAjw_LL2BRAkEiwAv2Y3SdbN9YoB0BWpvQAJGxJ1cn0cJ-c8DedrU7ZFcR1b0pthGdna-uR8XxoCNg0QAvD_BwE

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tracksmith Session shorts catch my eye every time

May 26, 2020, 2:08 PM

but $64 is the same price as the Patagonia Strider Pro shorts which have 5 pockets and a great liner.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AND, the Patagonia ones

May 26, 2020, 2:29 PM

say "Patagonia" on them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bougie runners see that Tracksmith rabbit & recognize.

May 26, 2020, 2:52 PM

Anyone can pick up a Patagucci at your local D*ck's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you ever considered that

May 26, 2020, 12:38 PM [ in reply to This story is BS ]

what he considers "rich" and what you consider "rich" could be vastly different.

WeLl HaVe YoU cOnSiDeReD

May 26, 2020, 12:40 PM

Re: This story is BS

May 26, 2020, 12:40 PM [ in reply to This story is BS ]

Wanna know why? Runner people don't wear Nike.

Fixed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Garbage shoes and clothing***

May 26, 2020, 12:41 PM

IN to say the same, plus runners don't wear Nike unless

May 26, 2020, 12:42 PM [ in reply to This story is BS ]

they are sponsored and paid to wear it.

I wear Nike.***

May 26, 2020, 5:00 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Deer Aero

May 26, 2020, 12:39 PM

A hot woman is a 6?

Also, did you consider that all these folks there were possibly just less poor freeloaders like yourself?

Freeloaders don't drive Subarus.***

#### right they dont

May 26, 2020, 12:41 PM

We handle our own ####

Do know, believe it or not, that you can

May 26, 2020, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Freeloaders don't drive Subarus.*** ]

rent a golf cart for a week for about twofiddy. And bikes more often than not are free and included with the home rental.

I mean, not everyone spends the entire day at the pavilion scoping out airbrush. Some ride bikes, and that don't make them rich.

I don't know man, there were a lot of bike racks on cars

because as we all know, the best thing about driving 9 hours from Mid-Ohio is getting on a worse form of transportation and keep going.

but gooberoos save the planet***

May 26, 2020, 1:33 PM [ in reply to Freeloaders don't drive Subarus.*** ]

Hey man, da ####?***

May 26, 2020, 1:03 PM [ in reply to Deer Aero ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I remember the first time I left my hometown, too***

I think I heard that story.

Didn't you and your girlfriend end up re-enacting 2 girls/1 cup in front of a Big and Rich show?

Nailed it!***

May 26, 2020, 12:48 PM

If someone is 'rich'

May 26, 2020, 12:45 PM

they're not vacationing at Myrtle Beach. That said, they may have an investment rental property there to extract cash from the uncultured mouth-breathing neanderthals that assume this is a destination for 'rich' people.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^nailed it***

May 26, 2020, 1:01 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness, MYB does have the most expensive chop house

May 26, 2020, 1:14 PM [ in reply to If someone is 'rich' ]

in the state. Although I haven't been to Halls yet, anywho, it's up there.

https://newyorkprime.com/

And no one goes to MYB propah anymore. North Myrtle up to Cherry Grove, or south to Surfside and Garden City. Haven't stayed in Myrtle Beach in a long time. Maybe ever actually.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would expect a few more places like that than there are.

May 26, 2020, 1:36 PM

Overpriced places built to extract cash from the Ohio tourists that consider themselves 'rich' enough to patronize a 'fancy' steakhouse, I mean.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Wolf Lodge***

May 26, 2020, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You can call me a lot of things, but ugly isn't one of them***

May 26, 2020, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You misunderstood Bum

May 26, 2020, 12:48 PM

I wasn't calling you ugly.

I was going more for white trashy.

You're the one who went to Myrtle Beach, not me.***

May 26, 2020, 12:52 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

AKA K-Mart by the Sea

May 26, 2020, 12:56 PM

maybe with K Mart going away, it needs to be WalMart by the Sea?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EEs buying all the million dollar condos

May 26, 2020, 12:49 PM

nice

Or do you just assume it was a million? What neighborhood?

I thought Chine-AH was buying up Myrtle?***

May 26, 2020, 1:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bruh, you need to reimagine Lakebum.

May 26, 2020, 12:51 PM

Picture a shorter, less-athletic, less wealthy Charlie Whitehurst who enjoys lengthy Golden Corral sessions, say, twice a week. That's still a take all day.

What is with you people? My disdain for white trash is no

May 26, 2020, 12:54 PM

secret, yet you think I would mingle with them at Golden Corral? I think you underestimate my snootiness.

That's pretty accurate EXCEPT

May 26, 2020, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Bruh, you need to reimagine Lakebum. ]

I think Lakebum1® gives a few fewers effs than Jay

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

me waiting for part 2

May 26, 2020, 1:35 PM

So you hung out with yankees. I know, it's difficult

May 26, 2020, 1:39 PM

to confuse the two sometimes.

Here’s a 1 mil condo in dirty north

May 26, 2020, 1:59 PM

Was yours 5bed 5 bath in a place that looked like the magic kingdom humped the palace of Versailles?

Everything’s relative, so I’m gonna guess that:

A) the condo was about three-fiddy
B) the “rovers” were 2004 Range Rovers and LR2’s
C) the carts and bikes were rentals
D) the women were husky 4’s
E) you still stood out like a turd in the punch bowl

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link

May 26, 2020, 1:59 PM

https://www.homes.com/property/100-n-beach-blvd-1603-north-myrtle-beach-sc-29582/id-400037303418/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohhh yas, who doesn't want builder grade cabinets, 8'

May 26, 2020, 2:07 PM

ceilings, and carpet throughout in their Myrtle Beach condo for that kind of money?

2 bed 2 bath porch and deck WITHOUT PALLETS

May 26, 2020, 3:36 PM [ in reply to Here’s a 1 mil condo in dirty north ]

100 yards from the water.

The mil was obviously the security guard.

Successful people run.

May 26, 2020, 5:00 PM

hth

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If by sucessful

May 26, 2020, 5:01 PM

You mean finishing a project a year late because of a heart attack, then yes, you are correct.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 52
| visibility 826
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic