Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My thoughts on 2021 as it stands today
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

My thoughts on 2021 as it stands today

Mar 13, 2020, 3:15 PM

Who we land

Will Shipley 5* APB from NC - Seems our timing just worked out well here, we were considered very even or a slight lean to Shipley but with the recruiting blunder and recent statements of "ready to just get it over with" talk from Shipley I think we're in the drivers seat here

Barrett Carter 4* LB from GA - Teammate with Jordan Hancock the newest Clemson commit has given rave reviews about Clemson since his visit. This will still be a "dawgfight" if you will as UGA has pushed hard to keep themselves around but I feel good about Carter up to this point.

Troy Stellato 4* WR from FL - Looks like he's ready to be done recently even dropped a top 2 on IG last night of Clemson as OSU which about everyone following knew. Going to be a very strong slot guy with a huge upside with his length and straight line speed.

Payton Page 5 * DT from NC - Looks like UNC currently is on the outside looking in and Tennessee oddly enough has made a strong push for Page as of late but I still believe he's Clemson's to lose as it stands and going to put some real power at DT for Clemson very soon.

Tristan Leigh 5* OT from VA - I really don't see Clemson losing this, no real push so far from VT or at least not recently and Clemson seems to be his favorite visiting spot as the recruitment goes on. Actually surprised he hasn't committed already which sometimes makes things uneasy in the recruiting field but no true competition making any noise.

Nolan Rucci 5* OT from PA - Now Rucci was one I at best was hopeful for but his recent visit went much better than planned. He got the rec carpet treatment and even talked about knowing professors at Clemson already and got to meet Clemson president for a lengthy visit I hear. This one is the most fluid for me as he will have a lot of people in his ear about staying in state especially with dad being a legacy at PSU but I love our chances as it stands.

Who I feel good about

Emeka Egbuka 5* WR from WA - This is a talent Clemson would absolutely love to have. Big, strong, and an absolute freak athletically as he has repeatedly given examples why he's the top rated WR in HS right now. Clemson really needs him back on campus and will get that Emeka has said and hopefully utilize that opportunity to make a huge push at a "can't miss" prospect like this.

Gaquincy Mckinstry 5* CB from AL - Now Clemson was seen as the early leader but hasn't gotten him to be able to visit recently as he's a multi sport athlete and doesn't have the time like most "FB recruits" due to this. He's spent a lot of time around the in state schools since they're logistically much more simple to visit with his schedule but a visit once available could put us right back in the drivers seat.

Derrick Davis Jr 4* S from PA - Seemingly one of our top Safety prospects Clemson really needs to get more in person time with Davis. We're clearly in the picture but getting him on campus again will have to happen to lock things up.

Corey Collier 4* S from FL - Named Clemson his leader as it stands but I'm unsure how hard we're pushing him to be "our guy" until we get some other intel on Davis.

Who you're going to ask about but I don't think we get

Treyveon Henderson 5* RB from NC - Seems almost like Clemson has taken a back seat by their own doing. I have no "this is why" moment to know for sure other than it seems we've gone all in for Shipley and keeping our word with him as we started recruiting Henderson as a DB and have shifted our outlook but a recent missed visit and the statement he made saying he will reschedule if Clemson wants him to makes me question how we stand with him.

JK Johnson 4* DB - Too early to really tell. OSU got off to a fast start but we did a great job on his first visit.

Tony Grimes 5* CB from VA - Looks like he's a Bulldog right now. Would be fantastic to land him but he's visited multiple times and raves UGA I feel like he's a long shot right now.

Caleb Williams 5* QB from GA - Blame DJU for this one! As most would expect top prospects aren't dying to line up behind someone on the depth chart for a few years. DJU is our next guy and Williams would be a near lock for us I believe if DJU wasn't here. Pencil in OU for now as he's had great visits there but our name is still in the hat as he does love Clemson just unsure it'll work out.

This is just a list of top prospect guys I can think of that I have a little bit of info on to share with TNET don't take it and run with it as I only know so much and don't know what the coaches are doing and I'm not an insider able to talk with recruits but these are thoughts and info I've gathered so far and how I feel. Probably missed some recruits as this was just a quick glance.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Awesome stuff, thank you!***

Mar 13, 2020, 3:26 PM

Great information, thanks***

Mar 13, 2020, 3:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: My thoughts on 2021 as it stands today

Mar 13, 2020, 3:33 PM

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I always enjoy reading your posts.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 4:05 PM

Thank you!

Mar 13, 2020, 3:40 PM

Thanks for the info. Also, what was the recruiting blunder with Shipley?

Mar 13, 2020, 4:04 PM

He had visits set up with ND and Stanford in the near future now cancelled with the recruiting ban by the NCAA and it seems he's more ready to shut it down than initially thought. Big plus sign for the tigers honestly as ND was ready to roll out the red carpet and they were our stiffest competition.

Has gwpcoot yelled at you previously for just C&P'ing from

Mar 13, 2020, 4:11 PM

others & it not being worthy of his standard of recruiting information ?

Just curious.

Is this TigerBry83® 's scok ?

Asking for . . . . nobody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

I agree with this list except the Safeties.

Mar 13, 2020, 4:16 PM

We aren’t as high on Collier as others. We like Gee and the two other kids from Florida more. One of them is a stud.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Re: I agree with this list except the Safeties.

Mar 13, 2020, 4:52 PM

Williams? He's a lock at UGA from everything I've been told. Gee is definitely on the radar and a solid prospect. I agree with Collier that's why I was saying I'm unsure how we're approaching him and I know of another DB in Florida we're after but the name slips me but he said there's "other guys" Clemson has in mind first.

Mar 13, 2020, 4:26 PM

If we get one of Leigh/Rucci and Shipley/Henderson, I will be a very happy camper. Getting both Leigh and Rucci would be historic but I'm not counting on it.

Page seems in the bank. Stellato would be great.

Egbuka is a huge need for us IMO.

Really happy to see football talk on the football board,

Mar 13, 2020, 4:26 PM

and it's good content, too. Thanks!

Re: Really happy to see football talk on the football board,

Mar 13, 2020, 4:50 PM

It's crowd control

haha, absolutely***

Mar 13, 2020, 5:08 PM

Mar 13, 2020, 5:33 PM

Thanks Seth. I don't care where you get your info, I enjoy reading it and marking my wish list. When we can get a prospect on campus with his parents and family members, we can compete with anyone. When fans and writers for other schools (such as Ohio State) consider Clemson as a true competitor in the recruiting wars, we know we are competing for the top talent all across the United States.

Keep the good stuff coming !!!!!

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 6:07 PM

I aim to please! Thanks and surely OSU knows now after Jordan Hancock committing (had OSU clothing and bedroom decorations etc) that we are the power house right now.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic