Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
My take on Bama-OSU Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

My take on Bama-OSU Game

Jan 4, 2021, 10:52 AM

So, OSU beat us...no doubt about that. BUT... OSU did not have to show anything in their 6 games prior to our game. We had no film to study that showed who they were. Their game plan for us was completely different from what they showed during the season. We were fighting an unknown entity.

Now, Bama comes along. They have 9 days to look at what they did to us, so they can handle the OSU "new" team a lot better. The press will say that Bama is a much better team than us, regardless of the score of the game. Now, Bama can see the kind of plays OSU will run, something we were not allowed to do because of the few games OSU played.

I expect a close game. If Bama's first game had of been OSU, then the result for OSU would have been the same, and we would have been much better prepared for OSU in the title game, with the Bama game film to prepare us!

I think it would be prudent for the NCAA to look at this and decide to put some kind of minimum games played restriction on the playoff teams.

I really don't want either team to win this!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OSU played its best game under Day EVER !!!!

Jan 4, 2021, 11:00 AM

They were the better team last Friday and there is really no disputing that, but anyone who even remotely suggests that the Bucknuts only having to play six game wasn't a HUGE advantage simply isn't paying attention. As you pointed out, their game plan for Clemson was completely different from what they showed during the season.

Can OcryO State duplicate that performance against Bama. I doubt it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: OSU played its best game under Day EVER !!!!

Jan 4, 2021, 11:05 AM

Are we at the point where playing in the toughest conference in CFB is holding us back? Maybe The Tigers would be better off going the independent route like Norte Lame.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you seriously believe that...

Jan 4, 2021, 11:08 AM

you're as ignorant as you are delusional.

OcryO State had by far the worst SOS ranking among the four teams in the CFP.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: OSU played its best game under Day EVER !!!!

Jan 4, 2021, 11:10 AM [ in reply to Re: OSU played its best game under Day EVER !!!! ]

Don't forget the excuses Bama and the press were giving after TL beat them for the title....they had to play in tough games all season while Clemson played easy games in the ACC....funny how that excuse does not apply to OSU this year with them playing only 6 games....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop beating a dead horse

Jan 4, 2021, 11:21 AM

Move on. We lost. Can't change the outcome. Let Bama do the job we should have done by beating the snot out of OSU!!

Bama will beat OSU by 4 TDs and I am going

Jan 4, 2021, 11:05 AM

to enjoy every minute of it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

NO excuses for poor game preparation

Jan 4, 2021, 11:15 AM

The Tigers were not prepared. Coaches knew that OSU was determined to beat us after the last game played in December 2019. The anticipation of that was possibly overlooked or taken for granted. Perhaps it was over confidence. Perhaps it was because OSU was the better team period. Alabama is a much better team than OSU both on paper and in reality. I expect an OSU loss as a result because Bama will be prepared and have the studs to back it up!! GO BAMA!! (yes, I did say that!)

Re: My take on Bama-OSU Game

Jan 4, 2021, 12:28 PM

I wouldn’t expect much less performance from OSU v Bama. Extra film & prep helps Bama the most due to limited OSU games. Bama’s run game & pass protection is much better than Clemsons so OSU will have to defend against the run & screens more than they did against TL16. Not many left on the Bama squad from the OSU beating a few years ago but that still sticks in the Bama nation craw. Bama maybe a bit more motivated from that standpoint. Neither teams coaches or players are giving out bulletin board material either (so far). However, OSU is playing the No Respect chip on their shoulder so they’ll be pretty amped. On less tangible motivation is OSU was very motivated to beat Clemson due to previous years loss plus the thing wirh Dabo. It is very hard to get way high up for two games like this so maybe they shot their wad wirh you guys. No one is hurt on Bama’s team plus 10 days rest. I’ll take the Tide every time with those two particulars every time.

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic